Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Some Great May Specials at Detailed Image

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:17 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Some Great May Specials at Detailed Image

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know about our May specials we're running at Detailed Image, that you can find on our homepage. Currently we have our Porter Cable 7424 and Leatherique bundles on sale at great prices.

This buffer has quickly become the industry standard for professionals and weekend detailers alike. This buffer has the rare balance of power, ease of use while being very safe to use even in the hands of new users. You will complete the detail in less time while using less energy and you will get significantly better detailing results!

Porter Cable 7424 now just $114.99

Porter Cable 7424 Starter Kit $144.99 - (Includes PC 7424, Velcro Backing Plate, Lake Country White Polishing Pad)

Porter Cable 7424 Advanced Kit $174.99 - (Includes PC 7424, Velcro Backing Plate, 2X Lake Country White Polishing Pad, Lake Country Orange Cutting Pad, Lake Country Black Finishing Pad, 3X Snappy Clean Pad Cleaners)

Treat your leather or leatherette to one of the best cleaner and conditioning combinations on the market. The Leatherique Rejuvenator special conditioning formula will restore faded, hardened, discolored and contaminated leather. The Prestine Clean safely removes contamination leaving your leather soft and supple with a matte finish.

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil 16oz and Prestine Clean 16oz $34.99 - Save $10!!

Please let me know if you have any questions about these specials or anything else related to detailing. Thanks!

George

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:13 PM
NICE!!! how long are the specials going to run for Geroge? i may end up getting the advanced kit, but i would also need to get a VERY long extension cord if i was to purchase it. and just a question, whats your take on a Black & decker Polisher, my friend told me to try it out, i have it in my car but im VERY hesitant to use it. it only has 1 speed, 3amps, 1/3HP, 8'' diameter.

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:41 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Queenskid24
NICE!!! how long are the specials going to run for Geroge? i may end up getting the advanced kit, but i would also need to get a VERY long extension cord if i was to purchase it. and just a question, whats your take on a Black & decker Polisher, my friend told me to try it out, i have it in my car but im VERY hesitant to use it. it only has 1 speed, 3amps, 1/3HP, 8'' diameter.
Peter - Great to hear from you. The specials are going to run until the end of May. We typically run a special every month on different items or bundles.

As far as the B&D polisher, I'm sure it would do the trick for applying a sealant or wax, but aside from that it wouldn't be nearly as effective as a PC for paint correction. Power is only 1 thing that is important when selecting a buffer, which to compare, the PC has a 3.7amp motor. Cheaper buffers tend to bog down very easily under pressure, which the PC will do too with too much pressure, but it allows you to exert enough to properly break down the polishes.

Having a variable speed buffer is very important in my opinion because prior to polishing, I like to work the product in at a low speed (like 3) and I always start at speed setting 5 on the PC. I save speed 6 for when I need a little extra bite to my polish. Other things to consider is ability to use a velcro backing plate or an attachment like the Edge2000 system. This makes replacing pads and choosing different levels of aggressiveness for your pads much easier.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

George

Last edited by Detailed Image; 05-03-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-03-2007 | 09:54 AM
Traveling Administrator
Wow, great prices on your PC packages George!!

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Peter - Great to hear from you. The specials are going to run until the end of May. We typically run a special every month on different items or bundles.

As far as the B&D polisher, I'm sure it would do the trick for applying a sealant or wax, but aside from that it wouldn't be nearly as effective as a PC for paint correction. Power is only 1 thing that is important when selecting a buffer, which to compare, the PC has a 3.7amp motor. Cheaper buffers tend to bog down very easily under pressure, which the PC will do too with too much pressure, but it allows you to exert enough to properly break down the polishes.

Having a variable speed buffer is very important in my opinion because prior to polishing, I like to work the product in at a low speed (like 3) and I always start at speed setting 5 on the PC. I save speed 6 for when I need a little extra bite to my polish. Other things to consider is ability to use a velcro backing plate or an attachment like the Edge2000 system. This makes replacing pads and choosing different levels of aggressiveness for your pads much easier.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

George
I was hesitant to use it simply because when i plugged it in to the jack and saw how fast it was going, that didnt strike my car nerves too well. i figured this thing will burn right thru my poor lil G. lol if i get a chance this weekend ill try it out, but i have to find me a good 30-40 ft extension cord 1st. im gonna be workin outside of my building garage on the sidewalk. lol,

Old 05-23-2007 | 04:42 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
^ 8 days left to take advantage of the sale prices.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like me to put together a package to best fit your needs.

George

Old 06-16-2007 | 12:17 AM
wat kind of polish,wax r good to be use with the PC?

Old 06-16-2007 | 11:17 AM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by cutiewolf
wat kind of polish,wax r good to be use with the PC?
I am a big fan of the Menzerna line of polishes when using the PC. They seem to consistently give me the results I am looking for. I like using a higher concentration of smaller abrasives, which Menzerna uses, rather than polishes that use a lower concentration of larger abrasives. It is tougher to break down larger abrasives to the point where it finishes down to a swirl / haze / marring free finish, but when your starting out smaller it is much easier to accomplish.

I have yet to find a finishing polish out there that rivals the Menzerna PO106ff in terms of gloss, depth and finishing capabilities. After using it, I do not question what polish to use to finish any color vehicle I perform a detail on, it is that good.

As far as protecting your car with a wax, my choices for lighter colored vehicles is P21s Concours Carnauba Wax and for darker colored vehicles, Poorboy's Natty's Blue Paste Wax, which is on sale until the end of June for $9.99, over 35% off.

If you are looking for a sealant which will provide longer durability than a wax, let me know and I'd be happy to recommend one of those as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

George

Old 06-26-2007 | 06:44 PM
hey, im looking for other items i can use to help detail the outside of my car, without the need of a PC.. not yet atleast, though i plan to get one in the future... at the moment, i have optimum spray car wax and car wash, but i was thinking of getting other wax items...

i also saw people using clay bars.. which i have no idea how to use, but i know theres DIY posts in the forum which i'll look up later.. but wanted to know if it was necessary or if i needed to use polish on a PC in order to make use of a clay bar

my cars a laser red, in excellent condition at the moment, absolute minimal swirls if any at all... dont want to spend 10 hrs to detail it, but i want to keep it in pretty good condition and i'm willing to wash it every 1-2 weeks if i have to, just not up for the single day 10hr job.

thx

Old 06-26-2007 | 10:12 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Clay bars are for surface prep and would come after a wash and before polishing, sealant, or a wax.

Here's a quick test to see if using a clay bar is needed on your vehicle. Take a plastic sandwich bag and put your pointer finger and middle finger in the bag slightly stretching it out. Massage your paint and feel for bumps. If the paint feels smooth to the touch, you probably do not need to clay bar your paint. If you feel contamination on the paint, you can benefit from a clay bar. Claying is a way to fully remove contamination from the surface.

Here's a helpful link on understanding the claying process and step-by-step instructions on how to clay.

Another possible step without using the PC is using a glaze. A glaze, such as ClearKote Red Moose Glaze, is great to use under a wax. It has oil based fillers which add a layer of depth and dimension to the paint while filling in some imperfections. This can be hand applied with a foam or microfiber applicator pad.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

George