Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

how do I remove fingerprints from car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:47 PM
jww
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how do I remove fingerprints from car

hi My friend was acting stupid the other day and wrote "F U Jason " on my hood with his fingers, now i can't get it off anymore.. i washed it 2-3 times and even used 409 on it and it still won't come off.. what can I use now?? pleae help!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
try polishing it

Old 05-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
scribble it out with your own finger or add an N after the FU

Old 05-20-2007, 05:29 PM
WTH is your friends fingers made of.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
rather, where has his fingers been?

Old 05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
your car must have been really dirty when he did it... try using Scratch X

Old 05-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I have no idea what was on your friend's fingers( ), but maybe try some Poorboys Spray & Wipe. If it can remove water spots and bird droppings I can't see why it wouldn't remove finger prints.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Step One: Wash entire car with Dawn Original Dish Soap. I use the same methods as you for the wash except I dry with an "Absorber". Essentially it is a Sponge Rag. I really like them, they work great and leave no scratches as long as you have gotten the whole car really clean. I wash with dawn ONLY TWICE A YEAR. I do this specifically because of its detergent properties. It eats away all the crap on the car including any old wax still on the car. While washing the car I use EAGLE ONE WHEEL CLEANER... pick the one you like, but I spray the "chrome and wire" spray right on the clear coated wheels. I have to wear rubber gloves because it burns my hands. I do one wheel at a time, get it wet before I spray the stuff on there, then use a good sponge to get everything off and then spray them off. Sometimes I jack up the car and really go nuts with the wheels by taking them off and just detailing the wheels completely separate. In between I use Blue Coral or Mothers or Meguiars or Turtle Wax Car Wash. Not quite as harsh.

Step Two: I Clay Bar. This step should be done in a garage. This step removes any impurities that the dawn couldn't get off. Do one panel at a time, spray the **** out of the panel with the detailer spray and then rub the clay into it. Don't be scared of it, rub hard and don't do it on ANY DRY OR EXCESSIVELY HOT SURFACES. Black gets hot quick so just do it inside or under a carport or something to be in the shade.

Step Two B: Repeat Step One

Step Two C: Windows, Tires, and Rubber: As soon as I finish clay barring the car I add Wet Tire Gel to the tires, I use Mothers Back to Black on the rubber and black plastic and do the windows with Zep foaming spray glass cleaner. I use lots of different tire stuff all the time, I prefer the Gel's, but I think that the NXT Extreme shine spray is pretty damn good.

Step Three: I wish I could say I tape off all the black plastic, but I don't. If you want to be perfect you should.

Step Four: Clean the paint. I use Mothers Paint Cleaner (Step 1). I do it one panel at a time using a Porter Cable 7424 to apply and a good high quality microfiber rag to remove it. This step really does wonders on minor scratches and swirl marks.

Step Five: Polish. I use Mothers Polish (Step 2). Again, I do it one panel at a time and etc. This step really makes the color POP. WIll look sick.

Step Six: Sealant. Most people use a Carnuba Wax, but I prefer synthetic. I use Meguiars NXT Tech Wax. I love this stuff. Seriously. I might try the Eagle One Nano wax because the pacakaging is cool, but I like the NXT. I apply to the entire car at the same time. It comes off real easy. This step seals the work you have done thus far to the paint.

Step Seven: Chrome stuff. I use Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish on the Exhaust tips and anything chrome like the logos.

I only do this twice a year or before a big show off or something important. In between I wash and use Meguiars NXT Tech Wax and tire spray. And this is just the exterior. The interior is pretty basic, I vacuum like a meth head and use a tooth brush and all that to get all the dirt out. I then use protectant gel on all the panels and use lexol cleaner and lexol non darkening leather conditioner. My product choices are all pretty easy to get and relatively inexpensive but lots of people swear by Zaino, but I think my process looks just as good as theirs for a hell of a lot less.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ What he said ^^ lol, try a good 'ol wax, always works for me with stupid things like that.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Evil Bastard
wash it with the blood of your friend. it is the only thing that can get the taint out. no joke.