Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

CLEAR BRA ???'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up CLEAR BRA ???'s

I've done a search and haven't found any prices or pics of the clear bras installed for a 07 g35. Is it worth it? What prices have you gotten for the peeps that got it. I'm located in the L.A county and have gotten 2 quotes...one for $500 installed and the other for $624. Is this right? Any help would be great. I plan to take a long roadtrip this weekend and want to have this protection before i go.

So...how much did you get it for and where?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
you can have mine for free, it came pre-installed at the dealership. i'm not the biggest fan of clear bra's, if you couldn't tell just drive down here and peel her off. :-P

Old 05-29-2007, 10:59 PM
There are numerous threads regarding clear bras.... search titles only.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Definitely go for a clear-bra, I have had it on my last 2 G35s. Absolutely helps against the dreaded stone chips etc on the front end.
Worthwhile with our paint.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by KJC5050
There are numerous threads regarding clear bras.... search titles only.
Thanks...didn't see the advance search at first.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Clear Bra on HID headlights

Does anyone know if putting the clear bra over the HID headlight enclosure will yellow the plastic over time. I am waiting on my S, and have been researching local shops to perform the clear bra install when my baby arrives. I have chosen a shop that is supposed to be the best in the area. One of the reps told me I shouldn't include the headight enclosures, as the heat from the HID can yellow the plastic over time. Can anyone prove or disprove this claim?

Old 05-30-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by quikrotary
I've done a search and haven't found any prices or pics of the clear bras installed for a 07 g35. Is it worth it? What prices have you gotten for the peeps that got it. I'm located in the L.A county and have gotten 2 quotes...one for $500 installed and the other for $624. Is this right? Any help would be great. I plan to take a long roadtrip this weekend and want to have this protection before i go.

So...how much did you get it for and where?

Thanks in advance!
I was the first 07 sedan that EDL installed back in December. You can find details here. They are still around, so let me know if you need their contact info:

https://g35driver.com/forums/picture-share/132318-photos-clear-bra-tint-install.html

Old 05-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Get the clear-bra. Now! I hesitated and got a nice big fat stone chip that I had to have repaired before the clear-bra. Now that I have one, it's wonderful.

Just don't do what I did at work. I told my staff I was getting a clear-bra. It's weeks later, and the jokes keep coming.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
I've been doing research on Clear bra products. I'm going to try the Venture Shield. They MAY be able to stand up better than Xpel or Clear bra.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Old 06-05-2007, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by JayJay3452
Looks like the seller may have access to the X-PEL patterns. Not sure who the film manufacturer is though. Installation is not as straight forward as they make it seem (at least not on the 07 G35). Let us know how it goes if you go for it.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I had the clear bra installed on my G. The installer talked me out of the headlight coverage. He didn't say it would yellow, but he did say it would difuse the light and cause heat build up which could lead to early failure. He installed the package that includes mirrors, hood, front fascia, door handle inserts, & trunk lip where is might get scratched from luggage. $630 which included window tinting. I am very confident that was a good price.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by new2G
I had the clear bra installed on my G. The installer talked me out of the headlight coverage. He didn't say it would yellow, but he did say it would difuse the light and cause heat build up which could lead to early failure. He installed the package that includes mirrors, hood, front fascia, door handle inserts, & trunk lip where is might get scratched from luggage. $630 which included window tinting. I am very confident that was a good price.
Where did you get it done?

Old 06-06-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by new2G
Dunno if I'd buy the heat build up story. That filament burns at some pretty high temps. The headlight film should not shorten the life of the bulb. The headlight is a challenge to apply ... maybe he was afraid of making a mistake?

Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by treacherous
I thought HIDs run cooler than Halogens.
Good point as well. I know I can put my hand on my film covered headlights while they are on, so it couldn't be all that hot. As a matter of fact, I don't think the HID operation is based on a filament. But even if it were a standard halogen bulb, I don't think the bulb itself would be damaged. Maybe the film may melt, but nothing should happen to the bulb (thinking of the light bulb in my oven for example).

I'd say get them covered since you paid for the cut film anyway.

Last edited by terrycs; 06-06-2007 at 08:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLEAR BRA ???'s