Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Need Some Assistance with Clear Bra "AutoBuan"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Some Assistance with Clear Bra "AutoBuan"

Hey guys im not going to lie, i didnt even try and look for this

Anyways here is my question: What should I use on my AutoBuan Clear Bra when trying to clean it???

As you know it protects your front bumper, etc... from rock chips

Sometimes when a rock hits it on highway it leaves alittle mark, like its not dug in or anything but alittle streek like on a window that wasnt cleaned properly, So I was woundering if theres anything special I should be using to clean the clear bra on my car....

Thx for your help in advance
Joe

Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just use the meguiar's quick detailer stuff... there might be some better product out there, tho. I also heard u can use a toothpick and some cleaner to get the dirt off the edges...

Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by rockd
i just use the meguiar's quick detailer stuff... there might be some better product out there, tho. I also heard u can use a toothpick and some cleaner to get the dirt off the edges...
ooo yea thats what i got and honestly i didnt even try and use it as i didnt feel liek washing my car because.. well you know, the skies just opened up like 1hr ago and it would have been a waste of time and money to get her all washed to let it get rained on

but i am talking abt the middle part of it not the edges with wax build up, i o know how to get teh wax built up off, i personaly use a cotton ball with a very very softy tooth brush if needed, but i was just seeing of there was something out there for the autobuan it self

i love maquiars products, i think thats all i got.. o wait hold on i got black magic or eagle one tire shine, the only that has a pad on it for easy application and not as messy, but all else is maquiars

thx for the info rockd "good looking out bro"

Old 08-09-2007, 09:40 PM

guess no one has a clue =0/

Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Maintenance and Care-
1. To clean stains use a citrus based cleaner (P12S Total Auto Wash) polish the paint and the clear plastics separately, tape the edges with masking tape. It has a clear coat so it can be cared for like a clear coated paint; use Zaino or Klasse as they will dry ‘clear’. Use Z-14 Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish™ or Plexus® Plastic Cleaner, Protectant and Polish for maintenance and to remove any finger marks / smudges (avoid the use of abrasives)

2. What can be done about wax build up along the seams and how can I avoid it?
Wax will leave a white line on the seam, it is recommended not to wax over the seams and wax the film and uncovered portions separately to keep from wax build-up. If you accidentally wax over the seam, just use a wet towel and rub it off. Another caution is to avoid buffing over the seams, which creates a noticeable wax line as well.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM

thank you so much man, guess im going to the supply store agn

Joe