Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Review a Product & Win $50 at Detailed Image!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Review a Product & Win $50 at Detailed Image!

Detailed Image would like to run an exclusive contest for G35Driver members. All forum members are eligible to participate. We are looking for members to review any product from Detailed Image that you would recommend to other forum members. Each person has a unique experience with each product and hope to create more dialog amongst our customers. We hope that our customers can share their results and help provide valuable information to other members.

The review can be as brief or as detailed as you wish, but must meet certain criteria to qualify. Here is what we are looking for:
  • Name of the product you are reviewing. (If possible, link to the product on Detailed Image's site)
  • What were you trying to accomplish by purchasing this product?
  • How did you use (apply) the product?
  • How would you describe the results?
  • Final thoughts (optional)
Including pictures of the product, process, and end result are optional but can result in extra entries for your name. Each product you review that meets our criteria results in 1 entry for the final drawing. Reviews that are extremely thorough and well documented, including pictures, have the opportunity to score up to 2 bonus entries. You can review multiple products on a single post and receive credit for each product you review as long each product reviewed meets the above criteria.

At the end of the contest we will randomly select a winner amongst all of the qualified reviews. The winner will receive a $50 credit on their account at www.DetailedImage.com . If this ends up being a success we plan on making this an ongoing contest.

Below is an example of a review that would meet the criteria.

Product name: 303 Aerospace Protectant

Detailing objective: To protect the plastic, rubber and vinyl surfaces from UV fading.

How I used the product: Before applying the 303 Aerospace Protectant I cleaned my interior surfaces. I sprayed the 303 Aerospace Protectant on to an all purpose microfiber towel and wiped a thin layer of product across my dash, console and door trim. Afterwards, I followed up with a clean, dry microfiber towel to remove any excess product and buff to a matte finish.

How would describe the results. I selected this product because I was looking for an interior dressing that was easy to apply and provided a matte finish. 303 Aerospace Protectant is known for providing excellent UV protection without a greasy or glossy finish. This product did just that. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an interior dressing with UV protection and a matte finish.

Side by Side Comparison Picture. Left side untreated, right side treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant:

I would consider this review qualified + 1 bonus entry because it met all of the criteria and provided extra insight with a side by side comparison picture. The picture provides readers a lot of information because you can see what the vinyl surface looked like before applying the 303 as well as after.

By submitting a review to enter this contest, you grant us permission to use this review on our website. Hopefully this contest helps readers get a better understanding on which products work well on their specific vehicle. The winner of this contest will be selected on February 1st, 2008, giving you plenty of time to detail your vehicle and post up some reviews.

Thank you for reading and good luck!

Ongoing list of qualified reviews:
MikeyC - 2 entries
in2win - 2 entries
Garnet Canuck - 1 entry

George

Last edited by Detailed Image; 12-13-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.detailedimage.com/Poorboys-World-M1/Super-Slick-Suds-P18/

Manufacturer's Product Description:
Super Slick & Suds is a very highly concentrated car shampoo with extra-ordinary lubricants, sufactants and suds to safely remove dirt and grime from a well maintained vehicle without stripping off wax or sealants. It is pH neutral (7) and between a 1/4 and 1/2 ounce will do a vehicle or two. Super Slick & Suds is also free rinsing makes drying a breeze.

Goals for the product:
When I shop for a car wash soap I'm looking for something that helps me get my car clean and shiny without marring the finish. Suds are nice too but slipperyness is my main concern as this is what helps wash the car without scratching the paint.

Price:
$15.99 (32 oz.) @ Detailed Image

Packaging Info:
I bought the 32 oz. size pictured above. It has a nice flip spout top and the typical black & white simple Poorboy's label.

Color/Scent:
SS&S is a VERY thick liquid, orange in color, and smells orange-like.

How I used it:
I filled a 5 gallon bucket with 3 gallons of water, added 2 oz. of SS&S (per instructions) and then sprayed in one more gallon of water. I then added a grit-guard to the bucket and washed the car using a sheepskin mitt.

Thoughts:
Poorboy's SS&S is IMO hands down the best car wash soap money can buy. Sure there are other soaps which suds as much and clean as well, but no other soap and I mean no other soap that I have tried can match SS&S in the category of lubricity. Most detailing enthusiasts will agree that lubricity (sliperiness) is the most important aspect of a car wash soap. This is the factor that helps prevent marring during the wash process. Your wash mitt literally glides over the paint. It's amazing!! As a bonus SS&S is also quite concentrated so a little goes a long way and it foams really well.

Last edited by MikeyC; 12-07-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Thanks for the review MikeyC!

1 + 1 bonus for our first entry. I'll keep an ongoing list of forum handles and how many entries they have. Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds is a great shampoo. It's on sale for November for $10.99 as mentioned above, but regularly priced $15.99.

George

Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Clay Magic-Fine Grade Clay Bar *Review*

http://www.detailedimage.com/Clay-Ma...-Clay-Bar-P41/

Manufacturer's Product Description:
The clear coat that protects your car is porous and filled with micro-ridges similar to your skin. From a distance your clear coat appears flat but when you look at it through a microscope you see that it has ridges. Contamination can easily become lodged between these areas and reduce the optical clarity of your paint, thus creating a dull shine. Spray a clay lube on the surface and glide the Clay Magic Fine Grade Clay Bar over these areas and you will pull out contaminates. This is similar to the process of exfoliating your skin. Thus you gain back a clean clear coat that is very smooth to the touch and contaminate free. An additional benefit to prepping your paint with a clay bar is that waxes and sealants adhere to smooth and contaminate free paint much better. This means that the wax or sealant will protect and shine for longer. We recommend cutting this extra large bar into 4 – 5 pieces so you get multiple fresh uses from one large 200 gram bar. Store the bar in this container to protect it from contamination in the air in-between details. Get the maximum shine and protection from your detail after using this clay bar.

Goals for the product:
After several years of moderate freeway driving and several long trips, the clear coat finish on my car had become very rough to the touch. It almost felt like waxing just wasnt enough, this is where Clay Magic's fine grade clay bar stepped in. When used with a quality quik detailer as a lubricant, one can easily renew a rough and slightly pitted clear coat surface to better than new quality in a short time. This clay bar brought back that slippery feeling back to the clear coat that I thought was completely lost and reserved for new cars only! It is also very good for removing stubborn stains or residue that other wise could not be removed.

Price:
$24.99, 200g size + case.

Packaging Info:
Sealed in individual airtight package. Comes with case for after use storage, prevents the clay from drying out.

Color/Scent:
Light blue in color.

How I used it:
Washed car with quality wash products and dried completely. Working one section at a time, spraying lubricant and slid small amount of clay magic clay barback and forth across the paint. When clay became dirty, kneeded clay to a fresh side and continued. Removed excess clay lube with quality microfiber. Followed up with a quality wax/sealant to protect the newly smooth clearcoat.

Thoughts:
Using a clay bar makes the paint look better than the day it came off the show room floor! Many experts say it is even good for new cars. I use this product about every 6 months to keep the surface of my paint clean, clear and glossy as ever. I recomment Clay magic clay bars because frankly they are better than any other clay bar Ive used.

Pictures:
These pictures are of a 5 year old vehicle treated with Blue Magic Clay Bar.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
in2win - Thanks for posting the review on Clay Magic Fine Grade Bar. It was thorough and included pictures, I'll give you a bonus entry for this review. 1 + 1

Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will be posting a review of FMJ, it's hard to put into words what this product does, but i swear by it.

Glad it's more accessible, before detailed image my friend was an independent rep and was the only way for me to get it!

Old 12-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Here is my review for Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax.

I bought Natty's Blue from George at Detailed Image last summer. I bought this particular Carnuba because it is meant for darker colors and my G is Garnet Ember in color. Also, most customers of mine seem to have darker colored vehicles so I figured this would be a great Carnuba to have in my inventory.

First of all, Natty's Blue is EXTREMELY easy to apply and to take off. Application is a complete breeze. I apply my Natt'ys Blue with all purpose MF towels and remove it with ultra plush MF towels that I also got from George. I also found Natty's Blue to be very easy to apply in both shade and in direct sunlight.

The results that Natty's Blue gives is an AMAZING deep wet look. That depth that it gives with the darker colors is certainly the best I have seen. My Garnet Ember G was just popping with depth and gloss when I was done and I was thrilled with the results. I would HIGHLY recommend this Carnuba to anyone that has a darker colored vehicle.

I would rate Natty's Blue as follows:

Ease of Use 9
Depth & Gloss 10
Durability 8

And it smells awesome like bubblegum too!

Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Shane, thanks for the review on Poorboy's World Natty's Blue. It's a great bang for the buck wax, especially considering we have it on sale until the end of the month for $11.99!

George

Old 01-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BTW when is the end of the contest. Im gonna pick up some FMJ from you guys, Ill give a review when i do...

Old 01-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
The winner of this contest will be selected on February 1st, 2008, giving you plenty of time to detail your vehicle and post up some reviews.
Plenty of time to get some more entries. I'm surprised more people haven't written reviews, the odds are pretty good of winning.

Good luck!

George

Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Plenty of time to get some more entries. I'm surprised more people haven't written reviews, the odds are pretty good of winning.

Good luck!

George
George, I will be doing a full detail next weekend with ALL the stuff I bought from you last week, so I will be having atleast 3-4 entries!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by chilibowl
George, I will be doing a full detail next weekend with ALL the stuff I bought from you last week, so I will be having atleast 3-4 entries!
Great looking forward to hearing about your results as well as the product reviews!