Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Post up detailing supplies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anybody is interested. I just went to advanced autoparts. NXT 2.0 is buy one get one free. Picked up 2 bottles for $16. I don't know how long the sale is for.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:40 PM
^my local walmart had it on sale for $8 a bottle. Needless to say i picked up another couple bottles to add to my collection.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by archie

Holy Meguier's....did you win all that or what? lol

Old 05-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
looks to be a meguiars sponsored car

pics of all my stuff later. not all too impressive, but I've got a good stockpile of crap going.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
hey archie that looks like an Isx50 in your garage too. right?

Old 05-18-2008, 06:10 PM
no i didnt win all the meguiars products. meguiars does a good job pleasing their customers and the classes and training they put on here in southern california are great.

my cars are not sponsered by meguiars either. just they make good products and they have a wide range of products that will give you the results you are looking for. if it was as simple as a wash and wax then everyones car would look the same, but thats just not the case. each car has variables to it when detailing so having a wide range of products is a good thing. its better the have it and not need it then need it and not have it when you are out on a job.

and yeah that is a lexus is350 in the garage as well. its another great car, regardless of what people think about it. i see a lot of lexus is250 here on the road, but i have only seen 2 other is350 in my city. and the lexus is a little easier on the pocket when i have to hit the gas pumps (tank size and fuel mileage). but hey the price difference between the two who cares. both cars are for pure enjoyment. i just wish infiniti offered a pearl white exterior paint with a black interior option like lexus, but they dont.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:19 PM
My appologies archie! Wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, I had made that assumption because of the multiple bottles of each product you had.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
^no apopologies needed man i wasnt upset or anything at all. i was just responding. the multiple bottles just come from orders. sometimes there are a lot of freebies when you order from meguiars. usually people in my neighborhood know i stock a lot of product so they come to me instead of ordering or going and picking up products. its a good thing for both. i make a little extra cash and they save some.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I only wish my garage could/would like that. Nice floor!!!! Do it yourself? That's my next project after I have the ***** to get rid of all my **** I keep taking from house to house.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:53 PM
^no apopologies needed man i wasnt upset or anything at all. i was just responding. the multiple bottles just come from orders. sometimes there are a lot of freebies when you order from meguiars. usually people in my neighborhood know i stock a lot of product so they come to me instead of ordering or going and picking up products. its a good thing for both. i make a little extra cash and they save some.
Word. I use the Meguiars Final Inspection spray as an in-between washes clean up, found anything you like better?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
i like meguiars m135 from the mirrow glaze line better. it has more lubricity. i dont know about it as a in-between wash product.

but i did try out a waterless car wash that i did like for in between the real washes. it was by a company based in washington. i like it because it seems to trap the dirty and pulls it away from teh surface. spray it on wipe with one microfiber and wipe clean with another. i would recommend about 10 microfiber towels for this process as i am very picky and i have a ton on hand.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bad Influence
I only wish my garage could/would like that. Nice floor!!!! Do it yourself? That's my next project after I have the ***** to get rid of all my **** I keep taking from house to house.
everyone loves the floor. we have a company here locally that does it. takes about 1 week total with cure time before you are able to actually drive or park on it. i didnt like it at first but i have really grown to like it. any oil or grease or anything that would be a pain to clean up of the unfinished floor is no longer a problem. plus you can drop more stuff on it and it will hold up where the old cemet only floor would chip away. it was worth the money to have it done.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:41 AM
i like meguiars m135 from the mirrow glaze line better. it has more lubricity. i dont know about it as a in-between wash product.

but i did try out a waterless car wash that i did like for in between the real washes. it was by a company based in washington. i like it because it seems to trap the dirty and pulls it away from teh surface. spray it on wipe with one microfiber and wipe clean with another. i would recommend about 10 microfiber towels for this process as i am very picky and i have a ton on hand.
I'm assuming you mentioned lubricity as in with a clay bar? I use the final inspection as my clay bar lubricant too. I'll have to get some of the M135 from my meguiars rep next time I see him, thanks for the recommendation! Any other products I should try while I've got him out here?

Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
if you can get a smaple of d151 paint recondition creme you should. i dont know if m135 can be used as a clay lube but i dont think it. i will look into that further and for the price i would choose something else as clay lube anyways. final inspection or last touch would be my choices as clay lube.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:20 AM
D151 noted in the captains log!

Like I said, I use the FI as my clay lube, and love it. I had a Clay Magic clay bar though, and it was TERRIBLE. Yes, it took all the oxidation and crud off my 240, but it left CRAZY swirl marks. A friend of mine who's another detailing nut--maybe not as nutty as you archie haha--had a Mother's clay bar out of a clay bar kit, and it worked WONDERS on my 240. Recommend any specific clays to a newb?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post up detailing supplies