Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detailed the G...Pics of the Result (56K Beware!!!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008 | 10:15 AM
Now that im getting the hang of detailing and how to keep cars looking nice, the next car is definitely going to be BLACK.

Awesome work, nothing beats a detailed black G!!

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by never gone
I don't know if I'd agree that the results with a rotory are more magnified. The rotory will for sure do correction faster but a polished swirl free finish looks the same for both assuming of course the paint surface wasn't totally thrashed. People really underestimate the corrective capabilities of DA's when done really well.
I had a pc and used it weekly for 2 years before I transitioned into a rotory 3 years ago. The PC is very capable, but the rotory, on top being able to cut and finish faster, allows the user to finesse and burnish the finish with constant friction. Something the PC cannot do because of its random orbit. With a PC, you're are always left with some sort of micro marring, nature of the beast.

This topic has been discussed and debated and the end result has always been that the PC will remove swirls, but the rotory will leave a clearer finish.

Old 03-06-2008 | 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Joyriide1113
I had a pc and used it weekly for 2 years before I transitioned into a rotory 3 years ago. The PC is very capable, but the rotory, on top being able to cut and finish faster, allows the user to finesse and burnish the finish with constant friction. Something the PC cannot do because of its random orbit. With a PC, you're are always left with some sort of micro marring, nature of the beast.

This topic has been discussed and debated and the end result has always been that the PC will remove swirls, but the rotory will leave a clearer finish.
True. But I don't about the Pc leave micro marring. Which rotary do you use ???

Old 03-06-2008 | 05:38 PM
|
Originally Posted by Joyriide1113
Menzerna Polishes are awesome. Combined with a rotory polisher instead of a DA (like the PC) the results are even more magnified. Zaino sealants are always a safe bet when it comes to a crisp clear shine after a good polishing.
Joyride,

Thanks for the comments. I've seen the pics you've posted up in other threads...Those are the results I'm aiming for!

I see what you mean about the PC. I still have some minor fine scratches that did not come out with the orange pads and IP polish. I'm thinking of using a yellow pad with a more agressive polish/compound next time I tackle this. I'll probably stick with the PC until I become a lot more comfortable with the whole process. Don't want to damage the finish when I'm trying to correct it!

Old 03-06-2008 | 05:40 PM
|
Originally Posted by InLU
Now that im getting the hang of detailing and how to keep cars looking nice, the next car is definitely going to be BLACK.

Awesome work, nothing beats a detailed black G!!
Thank you!

Old 03-06-2008 | 05:43 PM
Nice clouds....looks like the G is day dreaming away. Good job on the detail.