Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Rain-x Latitudes anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain-x Latitudes anyone?

Has anyone tried using the new Rain-X Latitude wipers?? They're supposed to work really nice, they even use a g35 in their commercial! haha I need new blades and was wondering what the best options are.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Get PIAAs last for ages and awesome performance. i've had piaa wipers since 2000 never would go with anything else.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 AM
i had the rain-x, and they were awesome~ squeaky clean heh, 'til i took it to the dealership, and they changed my wiper inserts when it was practically new!!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the Rain-X Latitudes a few months ago.
The difference is that if you look at your old wiper blades, there are about 6 pressure points on the wiper and the wiper is kind of straight.
This can leave gaps where there is not enough pressure, and water isn't completely swept away on a single pass, leaving streaks.
The latitudes only have one main pressure point, in the middle, and the blades are heavy and curved.
This will allow for good pressure to be applied throughout the entire blade, so there are no light spots where water can slip under the blades.
So, the Rain-X Latitude blades work much better than stock wiper blades. One pass gets all the water off.
But, I still don't use it often. I apply the actual Rain-X product to my windshield. I love the stuff.
You drive 30 MPH and the water blows right off your windshield. Visibility is incredible.

Sorry, I tried to embed a video of my Rain-X... but for some reason, it won't work.
So, here's a link:

Last edited by FlSHRFun; 03-17-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:48 AM
I went with the bosche icon and I like them alot. Their quiet and wipes clean with one pass as well. Go either Icon or latitude they both have that new euro aerodynamic look as well.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:57 AM
+1 on the Icons... The Bosh Valeo's which are almost the same as Icons are on sale at Tirerack right now. Buy 1 get one free.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 AM
do these X wiper blades yall talking about leave streak marks on the driver side? Like when its humid and raining, the wipers on the driver side would leave this slanted streak mark right infront of the driver window side.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM
it didn't leave anything when i had mine~

Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was thinking of purchasing these blades. loved that they used a g coupe for the commerial haha. I will probably get these next when I need new blades. Also, that video of the rain-x stuff is awesome! I think I'm going to get me some of that as well!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
I got the Rain-X Latitudes a few months ago.
The difference is that if you look at your old wiper blades, there are about 6 pressure points on the wiper and the wiper is kind of straight.
This can leave gaps where there is not enough pressure, and water isn't completely swept away on a single pass, leaving streaks.
The latitudes only have one main pressure point, in the middle, and the blades are heavy and curved.
This will allow for good pressure to be applied throughout the entire blade, so there are no light spots where water can slip under the blades.
So, the Rain-X Latitude blades work much better than stock wiper blades. One pass gets all the water off.
But, I still don't use it often. I apply the actual Rain-X product to my windshield. I love the stuff.
You drive 30 MPH and the water blows right off your windshield. Visibility is incredible.

Sorry, I tried to embed a video of my Rain-X... but for some reason, it won't work.
So, here's a link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHtwn_e7p1g
What he said.

I use RainX on my windshield.... I've never bought wiper blades because you litterally don't need them. As long as youre moving 30+ ( depending on the car), the water just slides off.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM
I just bought some. Pep boys had a two for one deal.
They are nice, but nothing special.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I just removed these wipers from my car after having them on for 2 months...

The good thing about them is the bad thing about them!!

Instead of the 6 pressure points that cause streaking like "commercial boy" mentioned above ;-) on standard wipers, they have this 1 inch spine running down the middle to apply the even pressure they rave about...

Problem is that this spine acts like a sail and at higher speeds or even just a windy day the wipers can flutter on the windshield and it will get annoying...

I switched to the a silicone bosch wiper and they are much better!

JMO

Old 03-20-2008, 11:48 PM
i recently purchased a pair of Michelin Optimums great design and they work flawlessly.....heres the site on them
http://www.michelinwiperblade.com/
good luck

Old 03-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol this thread made me have my GF purchase them for her Mazda and I must they are pretty damn good. I will be pickup up a pair for me now!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Valeo

Personally I like the Valeo wipers. We have them on all of our cars, and they are buy one get one free at Tirerack.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.