Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Car attacked by peacock...need help removing lots of scratches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mt7rabbit
I don't know where she was...it was somewhere in the outskirts of town next to a farm road. She was running late for some work event so she had to park far away. The bird put itself in the line of traffic and still it did not care. Cars were going on the wrong side of the road just to avoid hitting it.

^this is what I thought too at first glance. However after a quick inspection I realized that the white residue on the door was dirt and debris from the birds beak. Most of the scratches are not deep but in some places you can feel a small scratch if you run your fingernail on it. She does have a buffer that we can use, so I guess well try and buff it out with some scratchx and see how it looks.

If you look at the second picture you will notice that I rubbed my finger on one of the scratches, (this was one the worst scratches I found) and most of the white stuff came off with a simple rub, so the scratches are worse than they really appear to be.

Yeah I would have given that silly bird the People's Elbow!

We'll try to buff them out sometime this week, then if it still looks really bad we'll try a detail shop and see what they say.

Can anyone suggest anything other than scratchx? or is this stuff good?
I removed a scratch on my rear bumper with 3M Rubbing Compound, it's clearcoat safe, and it worked great, no cloudy paint, swirlmarks, nothing!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Damn, sorry to see that happen, LOL, were you parked at an NBC station? I had a similar "attack" on a car I owned some years ago, but it was geese, they all got in front of my car, '68 Mustang, and were banging on the lower valence below the front bumper, I had to have that repainted. But, it kind of needed it anyway, it was all sand blasted down there.
Yeah she called me and told me all about it right after it happened. It was around 11am and I was eating my lunch when she called. I about spit lettuce all over my desk because I was laughing so hard! She said she had to get other people to help and throw buckets of water on the peacock so it would stop banging on her car.

Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I removed a scratch on my rear bumper with 3M Rubbing Compound, it's clearcoat safe, and it worked great, no cloudy paint, swirlmarks, nothing!
thanks for the advice.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah she called me and told me all about it right after it happened. It was around 11am and I was eating my lunch when she called. I about spit lettuce all over my desk because I was laughing so hard! She said she had to get other people to help and throw buckets of water on the peacock so it would stop banging on her car.

thanks for the advice.
I had to give it little elbow grease, then used a good polish on the spot afterwards. If the white rubs off, you may be alright without the compound though!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She said she had to get other people to help and throw buckets of water on the peacock so it would stop banging on her car.

thanks for the advice.
can't you calm it under you're insurance and get it done from a detailing shop? they would be able to fix it for you.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^yeah but then she'll have to pay the deductible and she just wants a quick cheap fix. Hey it's her car so shes the boss on this one. If it had been my car I would have it repainted.