Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Car Wash is prohibitied?? *#%$ home association

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Honestly, if you really have to think about this, you need to stop drinking

Just wash it at night, plain and simple. On a Friday night, wake up at around 2am, and start washing. Washing a car is fairly quiet, and you can take your sweet lil time, because even the wifey/SO will be asleep and no one will bother you about being **** and taking soooo long . By morning, all the water and soap would have evaporated and there will be no trace of any water on the ground. I highly doubt HOA investigates water usage so they will have absolutely no way of knowing. You can polish and seal inside your garage with your door closed and no1 will ever see ANY kind of "washing" going on.

You can thank me lata homboy , Happy Detailing.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl

Just wash it at night, plain and simple. On a Friday night, wake up at around 2am, and start washing. Washing a car is fairly quiet, and you can take your sweet lil time, because even the wifey/SO will be asleep and no one will bother you about being **** and taking soooo long . By morning, all the water and soap would have evaporated and there will be no trace of any water on the ground. I highly doubt HOA investigates water usage so they will have absolutely no way of knowing. You can polish and seal inside your garage with your door closed and no1 will ever see ANY kind of "washing" going on.

Washing at night is difficult though because you can't really check to make sure you don't miss spots. Unless you bring out the entire halogen setup, at which point I think you will draw more attention than anything

Old 04-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Washing at night is difficult though because you can't really check to make sure you don't miss spots. Unless you bring out the entire halogen setup, at which point I think you will draw more attention than anything
I highly doubt its pitch black outside his home, and actually, with lightposts shining off your car, its very easy to see dirt, I do this all the time, I should know .

Old 04-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by ckp
^+1 ya do it in the grass. your grass may look like crap with all that soap going into it, i assume that can't be good for the grass, but at least you car will look great!!
I've washed on the grass. Does no harm. Carwash is fairly benign. I figure might as well get the water on the grass vs down the drain.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God.. you guys amazing.

Well, I don't have grass. I am living in townhouse.

By the way, HOA fee doesn't cover water neither trash. So water usage is not HOA problem. I am paying for my own water.

Anyway, washing at night sound so fun. But I will pass it. Thanks the information though.

I have shoot couple email to property manager, she said she will pass my compliant to the board. (However, the most board members are from the builder) I think I will loose this car wash battle.

Where I am living, there are still constructions going on. (Still selling the townhouses)

I will just try to sick with rinseless wash.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by skfnxh
God.. you guys amazing.

Well, I don't have grass. I am living in townhouse.

By the way, HOA fee doesn't cover water neither trash. So water usage is not HOA problem. I am paying for my own water.

Anyway, washing at night sound so fun. But I will pass it. Thanks the information though.

I have shoot couple email to property manager, she said she will pass my compliant to the board. (However, the most board members are from the builder) I think I will loose this car wash battle.

Where I am living, there are still constructions going on. (Still selling the townhouses)

I will just try to sick with rinseless wash.
That really sucks it has to resort to this...Im sure you PAY good money for your home yet you cant f*cking wash your vehicle ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY? Unless there is a drought in your neck of the woods, this is pure bull**** IMO.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i would talk to the HOA president and see if you can renegotiate a
plan that might work for everyone...

starting with, using minimal water. shutting off the water between
each rinse, etc.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty sure I would just wash my car anyway. What are they going to do, make a citizens arrest or something?! haha

That or move.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
i've used this stuff since day 1 and have never had an issue: http://www.dwgint.com/2007/faq.shtml...utorId=&Email=

Old 04-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
i've used this stuff since day 1 and have never had an issue: http://www.dwgint.com/2007/faq.shtml...utorId=&Email=
I seen that stuff at RV places. How does that compare to chemical guys one. Just wondering. Cause waterless wash are ONLY good for lightly dust car

Old 04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
well if you not going to use your PC ...i'll be glad to buy it off your hands!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
In most of the HOAs around here, the answer to "what are they going to do" is: fine you. The three main infractions you can be cited for in my neigborhood are parking your car at the curb in front of your house overnight, weeds in your yard, and leaving your garbage can at the curb for more than 48hrs. (There are others, but hardly enforced.) If you ignore the first fine, you get a second, ignore that one, you get a third. And believe it or not (read your CC&Rs!), if you continue to ignore the fines they can put a lein on your house.

Yes, you heard me right.

There was a story on the news here about an old woman who had some sort of accident and had to stop working. She couldn't afford to pay her HOA dues and became so far behind that the Association actually tried to take her house! I don't know what the final outcome was, but those people will have a special place in hell.

So yeah, read the CC&R document you signed when you moved in (they SHOULD have provided you one).

Good luck...

(BTW, the "rent-a-cop" that patrols our neighborhood for violators does so during the middle of the night...so if I had to wash my car at 2am, I'd be screwed!)

~Stink

Last edited by Stinkfist480; 04-04-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrooge
I seen that stuff at RV places. How does that compare to chemical guys one. Just wondering. Cause waterless wash are ONLY good for lightly dust car
never had any experience with the chemical guys one. I do like how the DWG one cleans and polishes in one step.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Set up a tarp as a "catch pan" in the garage and do it in there. Or just let it run under the door and down the drive way. F em'

You're lucky that's ALL they did. A lot of HOA's won't even let you wrench on your ride IN YOU'RE OWN FRICKIN GARAGE!
How would they even know? Just close the damn door.
Originally Posted by chilibowl

I dunno where u live, but I can't see outside past about 8:30. I had been washing my car after work and I thought I had dried it, but when I pulled it into the garage I noticed I missed a lot of spots, plus it gets kinda cold at night where I live.
Originally Posted by skfnxh
Just a thought, but can u maybe argue that dirt/dust whatever from the construction area is making your car dirty, and you therefore should be able to wash your car?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kenchan
i would talk to the HOA president and see if you can renegotiate a
plan that might work for everyone...

starting with, using minimal water. shutting off the water between
each rinse, etc.
I agree, the nice thing about our HOA is the board is made up of residents, who you can talk to. It is run by a professional outfit that specializes in HOA's. Is it possible the car washing is banned due to water shortages or anything like that?

The thing I like about this HOA is people have to keep their property looking good, I've had it up to my neck with living in a neighborhood where I was the only person who kept their yard and house looking good. No one automatically gets fined for anything, you get two warning notices, and even then you can plead your case it seems!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 04-04-2008 at 11:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Wash is prohibitied?? *#%$ home association