Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Good store bought wash mit???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
I use the poor boys mega plush wash mitt. Sorry for jumping to conclusions i guess i am misinformed. What are the benfits of that sponge over lets say the one im using? Thanks again, sorry for coming off the wrong way didnt want to seem like that
Not a problem. I can understand a little bit of skepticism; I had some until I tried the sponge.

I don't necessarily know that there is a real benefit over either one but I'm thinking the sponge may rinse cleaner (easier) than the MF wash mitt. I can't say for sure though because I don't have any experience using the MF mitt. And I can’t knock it at all because there are plenty of people that love them too. I just never picked one up to try... yet

Now the grout sponge isn't the only thing I use. I brought it up mostly because the OP stated he needed something quick and well since Lowe's carries them it might have been a good option for him.

I also like using sheepskin mitts. I especially liked the ones I got from exceldetail as they were all very fluffy and soft even though they were considered the “medium grade”.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use a combination of a micro fiber mitt and a sheepskin mitt.... The sheepskin mitt holds more water and i use it to do a first pass on a panel, then follow up with the microfiber (it seems to get the hard stuck on dirt off better). I have the microfiber waffle pattern towel (i think it's turtle wax brand, but it might be meguairs), but i prefer just using regular microfiber cloths to dry the car, the waffle pattern one i have, i can pretty much do the WHOLE car with that one towel, but it doesn't make the car fully dry, so i'll either use that with 1 or 2 MF cloths to dry the car, or just use like 4 MF cloths to dry the car.... I bought a i think 25 pack of MF towels for like 13 bucks as Sam's club

Old 07-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by Scrooge
+1 but they don't last long. So buy alot.
+1. Whatever you do; DON'T USE THEM FOR ONR WASHES (too much dirt)!!! My Eurow mitt completely started unravelling in 6 months (7-9 ONR washes and 6-7 regular car washes).

Old 08-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
+1. Whatever you do; DON'T USE THEM FOR ONR WASHES (too much dirt)!!! My Eurow mitt completely started unravelling in 6 months (7-9 ONR washes and 6-7 regular car washes).
Dont forget it an all natural product! Something synthetic would last considerably longer yet not yield near the softness/gentleness as sheepskin would.
$.53 to $.26 per wash isnt too tough to swallow, over a 6 month period.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Wal-mart has 100% sheepskin mitts for 8$ Canadian. So like $6...
Not sure if someone has mentioned it, too lazy to read through.