Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help! Rear View Mirrors in SoCal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Help! Rear View Mirrors in SoCal

Today I received the rear view mirror cover with the built-in blinker. They look great! the problem is that the instructions are in Japanese. Does anyone have a post or know of someone who has directions, pictures preferred, but at this point anything in english or spanish will do. I would really appreciate the help.
San Diego

G35sedan03
03.5 briliant silver, 6MT, premium pkg, 19" Kaizer wheels, Skyline badges, HID upgrade, Racing pedals, clear lenses

240984-DSC00180.JPG

Old 04-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Help! Rear View Mirrors in SoCal

looks like a quick / fun job [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]. well, thanks to markrief, there is a very detailed diy here. let me know if you need a helping hand. i dont know what i would do, but "g" time is always fun. good luck on the install.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:50 PM

Flex, thanks a million for the diy. I will never say no to a helping hand, so if you're up to it, I can definitely use the help. Let me know when it is a good time for you. If you could though, could you provide the hair drier if you have one? I have never owned one since I keep my hair very short.

G35sedan03
03.5 briliant silver, 6MT, premium pkg, 19" Kaizer wheels, Skyline badges, HID upgrade, Racing pedals, clear lenses, 35% tint (Coming Soon- Grounding Kit, CAI & Exhaust, Coilovers)

Old 04-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Goodluck, just be careful on the mirrors..they are really fragile..

6MT Ivory/Willow>>Nismo OEM Kit>>Premium Package>>XM

"Tell all my people i'm a Ridah, Nobody cries when we die, we outlaws, let me ride"

Old 05-02-2004, 11:59 PM

Thank you all for the support, so I figured I write and keep you updated on how it went. The mirrors are definitely delicate and in the process I broke my driver side mirror. The DIY is good, but it shows that the person who posted did not have the winter package with heated mirrors. Those puppies do not come off due to the wires being glued to the back of the mirror and it's not a pull-off type wire. About 1hr into it I just gave up on it, there's much more to it than the pictures showed. The DIY helps to a point, like he said, it'smeant to supplement the japanese instructions. So i'm forking over the cash to pay and have it done. I called the infiniti dealer in Kearny Mesa and the service guy had no idea of what I was talking about. He said they have never done that mod over there. We'll see how that works out.

G35sedan03
03.5 briliant silver, 6MT, premium pkg, 19" Kaizer wheels, Skyline badges, HID upgrade, Racing pedals, clear lenses, 35% tint (Coming Soon- Grounding Kit, CAI & Exhaust, Coilovers)

Old 05-04-2004, 09:32 AM

Hey G35sedan03, Ho wlong did it take you to get your mirrors from Japan? I have been waiting almost a month now....Thanx

Old 05-04-2004, 03:31 PM

Jasijay, not sure who you ordered them from, i went through japanparts.com and i got mine within 10 days. Ryoko was really helpful and it was shipped to my door. you have to be careful with some japanese order websites. Some can only deliver to a certain place in your state and you have to go pick it up at a post office or something like that because of the shipping they use to try and save money. Did you use the same website? If not would you mind letting me know how much $$ you paid so I can compare to see if I got a good deal. I'm sure it would help others who follow on our footsteps and decide to apply this mod. I'm actually getting mine installed tomorrow at the dealer hopefully!!

G35sedan03

Old 05-05-2004, 12:46 AM

I remember when I placed the order through Ryoko, i got an email from him/her (i think that's a chick's name) stating that it would take a little while for me to get those, then right after that email was another from him/her telling that don't worry they are sent and you wil lreceive soon. They even provided a tracking number via USPS, notice that WAS NOT UPS but US Postal Service. Still it was shipped first class mail and got it within ten days. I can't speculate to their stock levels, but you can always email ryoko and see what's the deal. He/she answers promptly to emails. Good luck on that and it is a sharp looking mod too!

G35sedan03

Old 05-05-2004, 11:39 AM

Did you get it finished yet? at the dealer? any Pic's?

Old 05-05-2004, 02:39 PM

Not yet, the mirror I broke in the process of trying to save $$$ has not come in yet. The dealer will call me when it arrives at which time i'll drop the vehicle and they'll do all the work. Hopefully my coilovers will be here too and i'll throw that in there as well [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]. I will post pics as soon as it is done.

G35sedan03

Old 05-09-2004, 09:37 PM

hey G35Sedan03: My mirrors came in today! And...I broke a mirror! DARN! Oh well I only craked it a little int he lower corner, but broke non-the-less. It came out fantastic. I will post apic in the AM, as I can't get the pic's off my camera for some reason.

03 Sedan, White on Black.Clear Corners,Blinker Mirrors, Stillen Exhust, Grounding kIT & High Flow box, .Z-tube, 18'' XS Style, Eibach Pro-Kit.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:32 AM

Jasijay,
Great to hear a success story, now i'm curious, do you have the winter package on your vehicle, or for that matter heated mirrors? Just curious. Those mirrors sure are fragile, but all in the sake of trial and error and baptism by fire. I'm getting mine done tomorrow.

G35sedan03

Old 05-10-2004, 08:21 AM

Yes, I have the Winter/Sport package. The hardest part was the two wires attached to the mirror. One comes off, the other doesn't. So I had to work around that. Other than that, it went as smooth as I could have expected, save for the fact it took 5 hours to do. You can see them in my new signature (if this works!)

Old 05-12-2004, 10:08 PM

Jasi,
I finally got my camera back, sooner than expected, so as promised here are my pics of the finished product. Big picture files.

G35sedan03

Old 05-12-2004, 10:09 PM

pic 2

G35sedan03

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! Rear View Mirrors in SoCal