Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino + PC kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
And do the lower side panels last as that's where most of the crap is.
Do your hood, roof and trunk first, and then do the sides.
Clay the lower panels last as this will fill the clay bar with grit that you don't want to carry to other parts of the car.

Done correctly, it'll remove everything stuck in your finish.

Oh, and if you drop your clay bar, throw it away! Don't use it any further.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfEfLGL59GI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfEfLGL59GI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 08-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a big fan of Zaino and all their products are absolutely top notch... However, I recently experimented with Ultima Paint Guard Plus and I must say that this will be my sealant of choice from now on... Talk about easy application (wipe on, walk away... no wiping off)... I dont mean to confuse you, but just stating that there are other options to Zaino that are of equal (if not better) quality...

Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Those two kits would be a great start to keeping the paint condition of your G in great shape. The only thing missing from those two kits that you should definitely have is clay bar. When doing a full detail, you should claybar your paint after washing/drying to remove any additional surface contamination.

Zaino's Z2/Z5 sealants will provide protection for 4-6 months, so you won't need to re-seal every 2-3 months like you mentioned above. If you are using the Natty's Blue Paste wax over the sealant, that will provide protection for only 4-6 weeks. I'd recommend you apply your Natty's Blue every month.

Also, before you purchase any of your detailing supplies, I would highly recommend you look at www.detailedimage.com. George is a fantastic guy to deal with and he gives a 10% discount to all G35Driver members.
Thanks for everyone's input. The Zaino kit actually does come w/ a clay bar. The DetailedImage kit looks great, but $400 (w/ the 10% discount) is just way too steep for me right now.

Since my car is new with relatively few swirls (I think the swirls are from when the dealer washed the car) I'll probably go w/ an abrasive polish and try to buff those out by hand before applying Zaino.

Which is the best polisher (w/o a filler) that I can use to buff out the swirls and fine scratches by hand? Menzerna Final Polish? Poorboy SSR1/SSR2? Any place I can buy these locally, or do I need to order online?

Last edited by kpfury; 08-15-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by kpfury
Thanks for everyone's input. The Zaino kit actually does come w/ a clay bar. The DetailedImage kit looks great, but $400 (w/ the 10% discount) is just way too steep for me right now.

Since my car is new with relatively few swirls (I think the swirls are from when the dealer washed the car) I'll probably go w/ an abrasive polish and try to buff those out by hand before applying Zaino.

Which is the best polisher (w/o a filler) that I can use to buff out the swirls and fine scratches by hand? Menzerna Final Polish? Poorboy SSR1/SSR2? Any place I can buy these locally, or do I need to order online?
I have used both Poorboys and Menzerna polishes and while the Poorboys are decent polishes, Menzerna is definitely better IMO. The condition of your paint will dictate what polish you use. If your swirls and light scratches aren't too bad, you might want to look at Menzerna P0106FF. It's the best polish I've used for light to medium cutting ability.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:06 AM
The Ceramic Clearcoat Polish/ PO106ff is a great polish, but I am not sure applying it by hand will take advantage of it having slightly more cutting power than the Final Polish. I would recommend the latter if you are not using a PC or rotary. Zaino will offer plenty of filling for what is left behind, if not you can go with a glaze to really minimize any remaining swirls. The Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze is really affordable and works well, but I cannot resist the smell and results from Chemical Guy's EZ Creme Glaze. None of them will likely be found locally, but Greg's shipping fees are very reasonable and what you usually spend in shipping is what you would pay in taxes locally for a decent order.

Good luck with either route, Zaino has a loyal fan base for a reason, it provides great results. However, you can get equally impressive results with less product and steps IMO.