Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Which sealant lasts the longest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008 | 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by TheTick
Is this the Zaino sealant that you guys are talking about?

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=1

Sounds like it's really easy to use. Anyone tried this stuff vs FMJ on warm weather, parked outside, washed about once a week and one coat.
This is the Zaino Sealant I use It is called Z2:

Old 10-26-2008 | 04:58 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPPG) and Zaino are reputed as the longest-lasting sealants on the market... read on autopia.org as many comparisons (side by side) have been made of pretty much all sealants/waxes available...

Old 10-26-2008 | 06:07 PM
|
Thanks again for all the input guys. I'm learning alot here. Just did some more searching and it looks like Wolfgang Deep Gloss, Collonite Liquid Insulator, and Duragloss 105 are also well known for their durability. Seems like any of these will work fine. Just need to find out which one is easiest to use.

Old 10-26-2008 | 07:38 PM
Let us know your final choice and we would love a report later on your findings.
Happy detailing

Old 10-26-2008 | 11:21 PM
i've heard the duragloss one lasts a while

zaino z2 lasts about 6 months i think

chemical guys jetseal 109 lasts around 4-5 months. the reason people love this one though is because it gives off a nice shine. semi nuba like imo

Old 10-27-2008 | 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by dreamcatchr
Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPPG) and Zaino are reputed as the longest-lasting sealants on the market... read on autopia.org as many comparisons (side by side) have been made of pretty much all sealants/waxes available...
I have used FMJ for quite awhile and now use UPGP and it def last 2-3 times longer.FMJ is super easy to use and i will give it that but UPPG is also very easy to use and looks a lot better.It seems to make my paint glow like a caranuba wax.Heres a pic.
http://www.dev-inspirestudios.com/ph...0_igp4e-XL.jpg

Last edited by superchargedg; 11-07-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-27-2008 | 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
I have used FMJ for quite awhile and now use UPPG and it def last 2-3 times longer.FMJ is super easy to use and i will give it that but UPPG is also very easy to use and looks a lot better.It seems to make my paint glow like a caranuba wax.Heres a pic.
http://www.dev-inspirestudios.com/ph...0_igp4e-XL.jpg
holy s**t, batman!!!! that car looks outstanding... i'm also a big fan of upgp... their whole line up of products is outstanding... although getting a dramatic shine on IP is nearly impossible, ultima certainly helps protect/shine it like few other products can...

Old 10-28-2008 | 01:58 PM
|
Did some more research on other forums and it seems there are many choices that have proven themselves to be great durable products. I'm focusing on ease of use and durability. Everyone seems to have a different opinion as to which one makes the paint look the best and I'm not too picky about that since they all seem to work pretty well. Here's the list so far.

Duragloss 105
Optimum Opti-seal
Collinite Insulator Wax #845
Wofgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Zaino Z2
Ultima Paint Guard Plus

I like the UPGP and Opti-seal for ease of use. Just wipe on and walk away. I'm also leaning towards the Collinite for ease of use.

Old 11-07-2008 | 05:48 AM
Consumer reports has several reviews and concluded in 2006 that Black Magic Wet Shine, Nu-Finish and Turtle Wax T-6 were the most durable waxes. They were heavily criticized in several car forums. I've used Collinate 845 (more of a sealant than wax) for several years and it will survive 9-12 months and thru the snowy and road salted winters of PA. I used it on a 1971 VW, 1992 Black Volvo and on on a G35 annually and the water beaded even after a year- Zaino, Zymol, and the most expensive waxes faired <2 months in the winter before the bead left. This is a balancing act as durability doesn't always translate into depth of color, gloss and that liquid look.

Old 11-07-2008 | 07:24 PM
|
Great info Braintree. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2008 | 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Braintree
Consumer reports has several reviews and concluded in 2006 that Black Magic Wet Shine, Nu-Finish and Turtle Wax T-6 were the most durable waxes. They were heavily criticized in several car forums. I've used Collinate 845 (more of a sealant than wax) for several years and it will survive 9-12 months and thru the snowy and road salted winters of PA. I used it on a 1971 VW, 1992 Black Volvo and on on a G35 annually and the water beaded even after a year- Zaino, Zymol, and the most expensive waxes faired <2 months in the winter before the bead left. This is a balancing act as durability doesn't always translate into depth of color, gloss and that liquid look.
I could care less what those people at consumer reports say and would never use anything that is in your post except the 845 wax.

Old 11-08-2008 | 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
I could care less what those people at consumer reports say and would never use anything that is in your post except the 845 wax.
too bad we appreciated Braintree's post concerning CR

Last edited by GEE35FX; 11-08-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2008 | 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by TheTick
Great info Braintree. Thanks!
Yes, thanks Braintree, It is a good post, but CR does go on price and value. I will agree that Nu Finish works great. I use it on my truck once a year and it really does last and is very inexpensive.
On the other hand I do use Zaino on my car and I find it will last , but I do my G a couple times a year. It is more money but I do like the finish it gives.

Old 11-08-2008 | 09:17 PM
Has anyone experimented with the Liquid Glass polish/finish? What were your results?

Old 12-07-2008 | 12:56 AM
|
Ok...spent hours and hours at autopia and autogeeks forums and finally went with the Collinite 476 paste wax. It is a bit more work to remove, but after reading tons of posts about it's incredible durability and water beading, I figured it would be worth it.

Applied it with a 4" blue pad which fits perfectly into the tin. Applied a very thin layer with a PC and did the whole car in a few minutes. Let it dry for a few more minutes and it took about 15 minutes to remove. Not nearly as easy as FMJ, but wasn't bad at all. One week later I washed the car and WOW...people weren't kidding when they said it beads like no other. I have never seen water bead like this.

I'll report more about durability later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which sealant lasts the longest?