Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Klasse AIO/Pinnacle Liq. Souveran Combo???

Congrats! 'Looks great... Does Driver's Seat sell the Klasse AIO stuff (I know they sell the Pinnacle products 'cuz that's where I get mine )?

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 06-23-2004, 08:29 AM

Yes, I bought the Klasse AIO for $24.95 at the Drivers Seat...I am truly very impressed with this Klasse/Pinnacle combo!! ;-) I plan on adding a 2nd coat of the Pinancle Liq. Souveran in about 1 month or so, but I wonder when I'll have to start over with another base coat of the Klasse AIO. Hopefully, the combo will last 6 months or so. This synthetic/carnuba combo is defintely far superior for black or dark colored cars, and the Meguairs NXT worked great for our Copper FX35, which is a lighter metallic paint; except I've heard the NXT may not last too long. I guess all in all, it was fun to experiment, but I'm glad I finally found a solution. ;-)

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/23/04 05:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-25-2004, 08:47 AM

Hey guys - ever hang out at the ales houses in boca and boynton. When I lived there we used to eat and drink there quite a bit. You guys crusty enough to hang at the sail in on george bush? I can't even think about bostons or delray with out getting misty.

HELP I was going to wax my DP car and wondered... If I use a polish like New Finish should I follow up with a synth wax? Anybody hate new finish noone ever talks about it???

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 06-25-2004, 09:38 AM

I used to go to the Boca Ale House when I lived in Boca. Anyhow...New Finish; that's the old wax (synthetic I think) that my dad, brother used back in the 70's and 80's (I used it too on my '83 280ZX ;-)...it works ok, but I think there's much better stuff now in the newer technology synthetic waxes and carnubas. For your DP G35, I would highly recommend the Klasse AIO/Pinancle Liq. (or paste) Sourveran carnuba wax combo ($24.95 for each one). The carnuba goes over the synthetic bottom coat, and this combo is great for black and darker colors like your DP...try it. Or, you could just use the Klasse (synthetic) alone or the Pinnacle alone...either one are great by themselves, but the Pinancle over the Klasse...WOW!

If you don't want to go that route, you can try the Meguiars NXT synthetic polymer wax (although I didn't like the results on my black G35) because it seems to do well with the metallic paints (I used it on our Liq. Copper FX35 and it looks great) although I've heard it only lasts 6-8 weeks or so.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/25/04 06:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-25-2004, 09:47 AM
WRAH

I'd say it looks great too, but for those 2 doors behind the other 2. It makes the car look like an OLD man's car. I really don't know why anyone cares about a sedan's paint. REALLY!!! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ask Geobau, he wish he got a coupe, make the wax look better![img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray <font color=purple>~Scored with G35Girl!!!</font color=purple>
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by WRAH on 06/25/04 06:48 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-25-2004, 09:47 AM
WRAH

I'd say it looks great too, but for those 2 doors behind the other 2. It make the car look like an OLD man's car. I really don't know why anyone cares about a sedan's paint. REALLY!!! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ask Geobau, he wish he got a coupe, make the wax look better![img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray <font color=purple>~Scored with G35Girl!!!</font color=purple>
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 06-25-2004, 10:03 AM

WRAH -

I know you were just being a wisea-s, but in all seriousness, I really wanted the coupe. However, my wife and reality kicked in. The G35 Sedan is a perfect compromise between having a sporty and fast 350Z/G35 Coupe and having a family car.

My wife even likes the look of the Coupe better, but we're parents now and it's just not practical. Naturally ;-) my wife was correct when she said it would be a hassle to get our 2-year-old in an out of the car seat in the back of a coupe. I said "well, that's why we have the FX35." Needless to say, I ended up with the G35 Sedan but I love it just the same.

The funny thing is that even with the DVD player in the FX35, our 2-year-old seems to favor "daddy's black car." ;-) It's a good thing it's my company car so at least I get to drive it alone most of the time ;-)

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/25/04 07:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-25-2004, 10:31 AM

Heard they tore down the old motorola plant...wierd how no one uses pagers at ALL anymore. Anyone go to FAU?

Would the synth with a carnuba over top help the longevity of the paint or wax life? DP is pretty light actually and his rich metallic flecks. The NXT sounds like a pain. I can see some swirk marks from detailing it but am hoping a nice wax would work.

It has carnuba on it now - barely so help me with my weekend plans here:

1) Dawn wash - does it have to be dawn?
2) Polish
3) Synth wax
4) Possible carnuba wax finish.

First can 2 and 3 be combined - thats what I thought nu polish was. I guess I can simply skip step 2 as I dont need to strip another layer off to get rid of swirl marks now do I?

Also, i guess waiting a day is good before the final carnuba coat?

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 06-25-2004, 12:47 PM

I really would suggest buying and starting with the Klasse AIO for $24.95/bottle. It's supposed to get rid of all your current wax (or you could use the Dawn dish det. wash), and from my experience, it definitely does get rid of swirl marks and those nasty hard-water spots. Since it's a synthetic wax (made in Germany), it's supposed to last 6 mo. or so; you may just stop there and be done, or you can add a nice carnuba wax on top of the Klasse AIO like the Pinnacle Souveran or another one (but wait at least 12 hours!!).

The Meguiars NXT isn't difficult at all, but you are supposed to wait about 10-15 min. before wiping off. It does go on/off easy. I just think you might be better off (especially with swirl marks and wanting the wax to last) with the Klasse/Pinnacle or another carnuba on top. The NXT didn't remove the swirl marks and hard-water spots like the Klasse did. I experimented with all these and found this synthetic/carnuba combo to be the best of both worlds.

BTW - I don't think they tore down the Motorola plant, but it's either totally or partially vacant and up for lease or sale. I've been saying for years...with cell phones, 2-ways, Internet, Instant Messaging, Texting, DirectConnect, etc..who needs a pager? ;-)

So, basically, your plans could go like this:

1. Wash car (with or without Dawn dish det.) / dry car
2. Apply Klasse AIO
DONE!!! or
3. Wait at least 12 hours!!!! (overnight)
4. After allowing the Klasse AIO to cure, apply Pinnacle Liq. (or paste) Souveran carnuba wax (or another good carnuba wax).
DONE!!!!

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/25/04 09:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-25-2004, 05:54 PM

hey sixfive,

dont worry about the dawn. what you may want to consider if you really are *polishing* it would be to clay the surface first. put that in before that polishing and you'll be golden. i've done both the nxt and the klasse/pinnacle route. if you really don't want to invest the time, nxt w/ a carnuba topper is great. klasse/pinnacle really shine when applied to dark color cars.