Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Anyone rec a headlight lens cleaner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Isn't there a clearbar for headlights?
There is so called headlight film but its just cheap PVC instead of urethane like regular paint protection film. The urethane holds up much better then the PVC and looks much cleaner.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by AVATAR77
I have some oxidation on my lens and was thinking of cleaning them.
Can anyone recommended a simple way to clean the lights? I've seen kits for $15 at Home Depot as well as $60 kits that seem to promise the same result. Also, am I correct that I will have to put some kind of either chemical sealant (like a wax or paint sealant) or a cover like Lamin-X onto the lens to prevent them from quickly re-oxidizing?
Highly recommend against Plastx
http://meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G12310
it destroyed one of my lenses. The stuff dried on and will not come off. Lense is all milky with application cloth smears. meguiars says it comes off with hit soapy water but after hours of soaking, ribbing and even trying a fingernail till sore, did not even scratch the junk. Is as strong as any plastic.

I am currently looking for a replacement lense and found this post. I signed up here just to reply and warn others. Avoid this product. I have a 2003 and need a driver's side headlamp lense. If anyone knows of a good price on such, please post here. :-(

Old 01-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I have never had any problems with Plastx. Works like a charm. IF you want to try something else go to a Honda motorcycle shop and buy the Honda Spray Polish and Wax. This stuff is great and use on my bike all the time. It cleans plastic and will not harm the paint on a car. Trust me this stuff is great.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Cerniuk
Highly recommend against Plastx
http://meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G12310
it destroyed one of my lenses. The stuff dried on and will not come off.
I've used Plastx on 3 of my own vehicles with stunning results on my G35! I do recommend some sort of powered polisher though, you will not get the same results by hand. Zero issues, have not touched the G35 lenses in 4 months and have no sign of detieoration what so ever.

I've also used Plastx on instrument cluster lenses after someone scrathed it up rubbing dust around it too man times. Can't say enough good things about it.

I think your experience is due to human error.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
McGuires PlastX is like a freakin' miracle cleaner. Couldn't be simpler. I was so impressed with the stuff, I started a thread somewhere on the forum.

It is like buying new headlights.