Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help!!! please with sprinkler GUNK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're talking about the window, you can use a rubbing compound on it, my gf had it on her cavalier because before she met me, she would take it through the car wash and some of the soap would stay on the windows, I tried a rubbing compound with some good elbow grease and a few repetitions and it took it off, then some good wax just to give it a good polish finish. But remember, this is THE GLASS IM TALKING ABOUT NOT THE PAINT JOB.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am afraid of the or ital because I know our paint is super soft and it is hard to polish. Even professionals leave holograms because our paint is so soft. I don't mind the rotary but is there any polish steps I should take to not leave holograms? Holograms are like a knife in my throat when the sun hits the paint it looks like the car is hacked up!. What do you guys rec?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:29 PM
I am afraid of the or ital because I know our paint is super soft and it is hard to polish. Even professionals leave holograms because our paint is so soft. I don't mind the rotary but is there any polish steps I should take to not leave holograms? Holograms are like a knife in my throat when the sun hits the paint it looks like the car is hacked up!. What do you guys rec?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't care about the window, I can remove that even though it takes me a while. I am worried about the paint which is my concern. Thanks for the advice though

Old 02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I haven't had to use anything more aggressive than SIP with a PC and orange pad to correct my paint. Never had any issues with holograms or burn in with the PC, doubt the Flex would either.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
ok so for paint correction i can use SIP cutting polish? Is there like a medium, soft, etc, or just one type? Also I know I would have to follow up with a fine polish to smooth it out then finish it with a wax + seal. Any suggestions for my good ol' obsidia POS paint?

Old 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I believe hologramming is only a rotary induced problem, so you should be okay with a PC and/or Flex.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh ok, in that case I guess I can give it a shot. Does anyone have one around the miramar area?