Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Weekend G Rehaul w/ CG (Black Gs >>> Read)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekend G Rehaul w/ CG (Black Gs >>> Read)

Well have been using meguiars gold class for a while now ( 3 step system, clay, the whole works): shine was great but just didnt last through some rain, but a couple of weeks ago after reading a ton about crystal guard over these last months i broke down and bought some to see what all the fuss was about...
This weekend I decided to completely redo the exterior condition of my G. Being black, the surface was completely covered in swirls and looked like hell in sunlight.
My Process (have tried many things and combinations, first time w/ CG) :
1) wash w/ dawn to remove all wax
2) clay bar (car felt great at this step but swirls still there)
3) Meguiars Swirl remover 2.0 (# 9 Bottle) by hand because i dont have an orbital...worked beautifully more so than Scratch X, havent tried much stronger but it worked great to remove most of my swirls, if you have a black or dark G or just plain ol swirls for that matter, try this...
4) CG quick, spray a section w/ (prefferably distilled) h20 and then CG and wipe and continue. Now after reading a ton I have found this to be one of the best methods and most efficient, requires the least amount of CG. Also I have read that leaving the CG on your car for up to 2 hours to let the polymerization fully complete is a good way to ensure it worked. I am actually waiting as I type this for the 2 hours to be up
5) after waiting wash the car or spray w/ water again and remove all haze or excess CG

now as I said im still waiting for it to be complete but after I had clayed the car felt great (smooth as glass) and after swirl remover it was even smoother and the majority of the swirls and etc were gone. After applying CG, I felt the surface was smooth but a little different in how my hand glided across (hard to explain) but it felt like there was an additional coating as there should be. I will take pictures and let you all know the results of this little experiment, but as far as I can tell should come out great

2003 G35S 5AT

Old 06-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Re: Weekend G Rehaul w/ CG (Black Gs >>> Read)

after you let the cg soak into the paint for 2 hours, why did you wash the car again? i thought after you spray the cg quick on, you wait awhile and then wipe it off with a microfiber towerl and thats it? Isn't that the proper way?

And what claybar did you use? did it come with any lube? I plan on ordering CG quick too, you gotta link? How much does a bottle cost and how long will it last? I plan to layer my CG quick everytime i wash... thanks!

Old 06-27-2004, 09:23 PM

To buy CG, try clicking the little box on the left side, where is says "Sponsors".

The official instructions recommend you to remove the excess CG with water. and it is much easier. However, most people here will actually buff it off with a dry microfibre cloth. I think this leaves a smoother and shinier finish, give it a try!

Old 06-27-2004, 11:36 PM

well the directions say to leave the car wet after a wash and then spray CG, wipe, then wash again and dry...
but people on here and my.350z.com have come up with a better and more efficient way to do this which is how i did it...

spray distilled h20 with a spray bottle and spray a little CG on, wipe and leave for each section...after two hours you can wash the car again to remove the excess as per the official directions. Or since i was busy i just sprayed more water on the car and dried it, basically a fine wash...

And as for the results, I had to leave in the middle of everything and I just got back at like 11 and finished removing the excess ( i know im obssessed) but the car looks amazing and I dont think Ive ever felt the finish so smooth, its honestly like sliding your hand across a mirror except smoother...if thats possible

tommorow I will take pictures in the light to see what really happened because I cant tell in the dark really...but only the next rainshower will tell how good the CG really is and if the water beads off like its supposed to...
I intend to layer it some more in the coming week and hopefully it should last a hell of a long time...

2003 G35S 5AT