Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

getting rid of odor (febreeze)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2004 | 11:26 AM
|
getting rid of odor (febreeze)?

i want to get rid of some odors in my car, what is the best way to do that? i was thinkin of febreeze, but if someone knows of a better alternative let me know please?

Old 06-28-2004 | 01:25 PM
Re: getting rid of odor (febreeze)?

kind of reminds me of the seinfeld episode.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 06-28-2004 | 01:33 PM

LOL...the smell that wouldn't go away .

One night many many years ago I came home drunk and decided to boil a half a dozen eggs. 3 hours later, after passing out, I woke up choking. The entire house had smoke so thick you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you. I almost died, literally. The water had boiled down and the eggs were cooking bare and burning.

Long story short (too late), it stunk like an SOB. Rotten egg smell. On a last resort whim my better half bought some Febreeze and I'll be damned if that stuff didn't return all of our furniture and drapes back to original smell.

The stuff works!!!

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5/Crawford Cats

Old 06-28-2004 | 02:57 PM

Change underwear more often....j/k

I think fabreeze is your best bet....It really doesn't mask the odor...it seems to eliminate it......whats the source?
If its the hard boiled eggs catatafish made....then go back to my first statement.....[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 06-28-2004 | 05:34 PM
WRAH

Use a small bag of coffee grounds or arm&hammer in you car over night. Also eleminate the source if possible!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray

<font color=purple> WRAH ~Scored with G35Girl!!!</font color=purple>
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 06-28-2004 | 06:02 PM

Ozium, it kills mold, etc. and is how I got rid of the mildew/ciggerate smell in my last car. It says only spray for 1 second, but spray it for a few more and just don't go in your car the rest of the day.

Also, you can put a fabric softner sheet under your seats and it will make the car smell pretty nice.

Old 06-28-2004 | 07:24 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Catafish that is sooooo weirddddddddd.... LOL A year ago from this day 6/28, it was my girl's bday which is today and we came home from me playing basketball and i was gonna go get ready for dinner. I walk in my garage and all I see is smoke im like WTF, I open the laundry room door and smoke is pouring out like my house burnt down alreayd, I walk int he kitchen and couldnt see or breateh and my father left 3 hardboiled eggs on the stove and left the house and forgot about them, the pot melted and the stove went on fire hmm de ja vu lol, sorry for the long *** post. Now back to the subject, get leather cleaner to get a nice leather smell or take it to the dealer. You dont want febreze smell for it to smell like a hmmm.. cheap *** car. Get leather cleaner, it will smell new again or get an interior detail!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 06-29-2004 | 11:36 AM

I heard that coffee grounds/beans will do the trick also! If it is a mildew odor, I would go with the Arm Hammer Baking Soda first. Put it in a thourougly washed and dried can of some sort (like a tuna can) and place them throughout the car. Make sure you know how many you put in there (2-4 small cans should work). The baking soda will help absorb moisture. I would then follow up with the coffee beans. This is why they use the coffee beans in Sephora (cleanses the nasal passages...lol). I would def. find the source first, otherwise you'll be going around in circles. I have heard of all types of stories where rodents make nests under the hood and get trapped. The smell then enters throught the vents, etc.

2003 6MT Black Coupe, Premium Pkg. w/ Aero
20% tint all around, Aluminum Pedals

Old 06-29-2004 | 11:54 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

the pot melted and the stove went on fire hmm

<hr></blockquote>

Woah.. what kind of pot was it to have melted?!?!

Anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of the ac mildewy smell? I'm surprised I have it on a new car

Old 06-29-2004 | 04:14 PM
Banned

Stop Farting in the car!!!

Get one of those ionic breeze thngs that plugs into the cigar lighter.

<font color=green>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
2004 Pathfinder for the family
</font color=green>

Old 06-29-2004 | 04:49 PM

2nd vote for fabreeze, it smells good too.

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

Old 06-29-2004 | 08:14 PM
|

i think that smell im getting is this mildew smell coming from my A/C vents... ever since i installed my dashkit i left it without putting back my dash and my A/C was blowing cold air and was building condensation for a few weeks until my dash kit came, and now i cannot get rid of that mildew smell...

so you guys say use baking sodea? so i should place it somewhere near the a/c then? how else am i gonna do this, i really cannot stand that mildew smell. Im pretty sure its from my A/C....

Old 06-29-2004 | 08:48 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

I dunno it was a pretty expensive pot, my mom was so pissed lol. It didn't exactly melt melt, but it was deformed and almost a hole through the bottom!!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 06-30-2004 | 03:31 AM

I used Fabreeze before in all my cars for years. But I just tried an air freshener called Oust. Worked waaaaaaaay better than fabreeze. Got rid of smoke smell completely. I had 2 people comment that my car smelled like "new car". I smoked in it for a year. I just quit and Oust killed the smell in 5 minutes.

My 350GT

Old 08-20-2005 | 07:34 PM
is it safe to spray febreze on the leather or no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: getting rid of odor (febreeze)?