Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Anyone use Zymol products? Waxes and Leather products?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Anyone use Zymol products? Waxes and Leather products?

I've used Mothers wax, and Meguiars NXT 2.0 and have to say that they have some pretty strong chemical smells.

Even the leather cleaner and conditioners are made of strong chemicals.

Zymol uses all natural products and from what I heard, doesn't have a strong chemical smell.

Anyone have any experience with them? I'm thinking about switching to the all natural stuff. Especially the leather products since our skin and clothes comes in contact with it.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Zymol OTC= Re-branded turtle wax. If you're looking for the actual Zymol you gotta order it online. BTW, you only need to clean leather, not condition it. You're dealing with the clear coat style finish over top of the leather that conditioners will not be able to permeate.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Zymol leather cleaner (light orange liquid) and sometimes I apply the cream conditioner. I am very happy with the cleaner as it always gets the dirt off and leaves the leather feeling supple and good quality. I have been using it for I think 4-5 years and have never had a problem with it. For some reason I think it just makes the leather feel as it "should". I spray it on leather directly and clean with a microfiber towel.

I bought the meguiars cleaner/conditioner gold class spray and it is the worst thing I have ever purchased in terms of detailing. Leaves the seats feeling like cheap vinyl and they even squeak when you sit down on them. Horrible, just horrible stuff. I do however love every other product that I use on a regular basis including NXT 2.0 liquid wax, Endurance tire shine (no sling), quick detailer and car wash.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by BacaraG35
I bought the meguiars cleaner/conditioner gold class spray and it is the worst thing I have ever purchased in terms of detailing. Leaves the seats feeling like cheap vinyl and they even squeak when you sit down on them. Horrible, just horrible stuff. I do however love every other product that I use on a regular basis including NXT 2.0 liquid wax, Endurance tire shine (no sling), quick detailer and car wash.
What kidna of Gold Class leather cleaner you using. For me it makes my seats very soft and keeps them clean looking and prevents cracking..ect . You must not be applying it correctly.

What I do, is I spray it very liberally on my seats use my hands to spread it around. Finish my interior then wash the outside. When I am all done with that I come back with a Microfiber and wipe my seats down, if its been too long you might need to respray a bit to help remove it a bit easier. This allows time for the conditioner and cleaner to go to work. Comes out great.

OP NXT 2.0 hardly has a chemical scent, and you say it has a strong one? Your nose must be off the hook lol.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I use Lexol. Smells good to me.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:30 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Zaino only right here.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
What kidna of Gold Class leather cleaner you using. For me it makes my seats very soft and keeps them clean looking and prevents cracking..ect . You must not be applying it correctly.

What I do, is I spray it very liberally on my seats use my hands to spread it around. Finish my interior then wash the outside. When I am all done with that I come back with a Microfiber and wipe my seats down, if its been too long you might need to respray a bit to help remove it a bit easier. This allows time for the conditioner and cleaner to go to work. Comes out great.

OP NXT 2.0 hardly has a chemical scent, and you say it has a strong one? Your nose must be off the hook lol.
Actually I lied, its NXT 1.0. Not sure if there is any difference. But it smells bad. It has been sitting in the garage for over 3 years.

I actually use Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner and it not that bad. It smells nice and it helps get rid of wrinkles.

I'm going to try Zymol cleaner and conditioner and their cleaner wax next.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
All I use is ZYMOL products, Concourse wax on the painted surface and their leather cleaner & conditioner on the interior. If you'll Google Zymol you can find several stores that sell it, I buy mine from California Car Cover here in SoCal since it only 20 minutes away....beats paying for shipping!
Gary