Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino Car Care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
BTW, I remember some sort of cleaning brand that seemed quite popular, but the name is getting past me, but I think it was Klasse.

Yeah, it's Klasse. Reviews seem great as well.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to bash on Megs though, their 105/205 polishes are amazing. And their waxes are good OTC stuff

Zaino is awesome stuff but very pricey and a pain to apply if your a n00b.

Also its all the in prep. I can make Megs NXT last 4 times as long by claying and polishing the paint before applying vs just applying Zaino to a just washed car.

If you reallllly want you car to shine for a low budget go to advanced auto (or autozone)
by a $25 orbital buffer, a bottle of Meguiars Ulitmate Compound or scratch-x, Meguiars smooth surface clay bar and some NXt syn wax.

wash-clay-compound/polish-wax-enjoy!

If you have a Wal-mart near by go there and pick up some AutoGlym HD wax. Its around $40 but soooo much nicer then any of the MEG's waxes. Or check out some detailing website for some products mentioned in this thread, if you wanna get more in depth pick up a sealant (different then wax, Zaino is a sealant) like Menzerna Powerlock or Collinite 845, they will last MUCH longer then a wax will, but like I said its all in the prep. After you spend some time detailing you own ride i'tll become an addition!! I know, it happened to me haha.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:32 AM
r-r-r-repost

Old 01-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
would it be wise to talk or contact Meguires and tell them about Zaino since they compete w/ other wax products? Just to see what they think of them.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Premier Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I decided to bite the bullet and picked up some Zaino product. I didnt get any of the wax stuff yet only cuz living in washington its impossible to keep a car clean in the winter. But come spring i plan on trying that. I picked up there window cleaner that is supposed to get ride of water spots, havent tried it yet, got some leather cleaner, and tire cleaner. hopefully it will work great.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
I don't mean to give you guys a hard time. I am just asking you to convince me on why Zaino is the Best when i never heard of it before or seen any of their product anywhere. I do see a lot of smart wax and Meguires (seen that guy in person) at a lot of car shows. I know a lot of classic cars use Meguires product. Anyone can say they are the best until they do actual research like Meguires did. And i can send another link on the test they have done.
Not a hard time at all Like Garnet Canuck said, there is no best. Have you heard of all the other companies mentioned so far? If not then chances you are really missing out a huge chunk in the detailing world if you are really into this care and detailing stuff. Take a look at the favourite products thread sticked in this subforum and check out all the variety of products people use.

It sounds like you are saying none of these companies do research like Meguiar's did. Would you risk putting all your money into making a product with no research and putting it on market? All these companies do research and whether or not they say it, boast about it, in the end the detailers see the results themselves and if they are good they will buy the product again, or spread the word out to others. Think optimum no rinse which is a more recent product.

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
For those who have use Zaino and Meguires. How does it compare. I am mean if you went from Meguires to Zaino or Zaino to Meguires.
I've used Megs NXT and Zaino Z2/Z5. Both products are sealants. For application, NXT is more user friendly since Zaino flashes very invisible upon application but this is how it is best applied. Good lighting makes it a lot easier though. Removal would be Zaino, it is much slicker and very easy to buff off. NXT requires a bit more work, but my technique probably was not as good back then (NXT was my first LSP)

I can't really remember what shine NXT was like, I guess it wasn't too bad. My main reason for switching was NXT beading didn't stay tight for as long as I liked. Zaino has top notch tight beading that lasts for a good period of time.

Also up here in Canada NXT costs nearly the same as Zaino, so my preference would be opting for something non-OTC with my money.

Originally Posted by chrcarlo
BTW, I remember some sort of cleaning brand that seemed quite popular, but the name is getting past me, but I think it was Klasse.

Yeah, it's Klasse. Reviews seem great as well.
Klasse AIO is a very good product for cleaning with no abrasives. Durability isn't so great as a topper, but most people use it to clean as you said. I love using it to clean up baked on wax on plastic trim.

Originally Posted by V8 G35
If you have a Wal-mart near by go there and pick up some AutoGlym HD wax. Its around $40 but soooo much nicer then any of the MEG's waxes. Or check out some detailing website for some products mentioned in this thread, if you wanna get more in depth pick up a sealant (different then wax, Zaino is a sealant) like Menzerna Powerlock or Collinite 845, they will last MUCH longer then a wax will, but like I said its all in the prep. After you spend some time detailing you own ride i'tll become an addition!! I know, it happened to me haha.
Autoglym HD is $20 clearance price at walmart, it is not going to be carried anymore so grab it while you can. I got some recently to try myself!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Autoglym for $20?! That's def a deal! Might go buy a pot now just cause lol.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Autoglym for $20?! That's def a deal! Might go buy a pot now just cause lol.
Yes definitely great value. It has great beading. Hopefully it has not been cleared out by your local detailer, as I've seen some people in forums buy out all remaining stock at their local walmarts. If the price is still labelled as 35 or whatever the original was, make sure to do a price check and it should be $20 in the system. Happy hunting!

Old 01-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Ha got some today. Don't know when I'll ever use it cuz powerlock and coli 845 is what I mainly use on customers cars but maybe I'll throw it on the gf's ride come spring time.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Zaino on a Z.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:47 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Zaino is pretty good but meh, just not what I like to use (i'v got the whole kit and ahve used it)

I love their leather stuff though.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 PM
My Zaino experience...

I have used a number of excellent products through the years and actually enjoy detailing cars.
However at this point in my life my time is at a premium.
I first used the original Zaino products and was very pleased with the results, but found them very time consuming. I was pleased when Zaino came out with some newer products. I currently take this approach when detailing. First I wash the car thoroughly. Then I clay the car. After that I use a Porter Cable buffer to apply Zaino's all in one product. Next I apply the clear sealer. From then on I just wash the car periodically and dry the car using the Z6 Gloss Enhancer to keep any water spots from developing. I then quickly wipe the car down with the Z-CS Clear Seal to renew the protection. Very quick, very easy, takes a minimum time with maximum results. About once a year I clay the car and use the All-in-One again. I also have found the tire dressing to be the best I have found. The tires look new without being greasy. The leather cleaner conditioner is excellent as well and smells great. I really enjoy the compatibility of the products, and Zaino does not chalk on black surfaces.

There are a number of excellent products preferred by some really good detailers and enthusiasts. But for me, an every day guy with a lot of responsibilities, the Zaino system I have evolved to keeps the car looking great, for a minimal investment in time and materials.

Your mileage may of course vary. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Not to bash on Megs though, their 105/205 polishes are amazing. And their waxes are good OTC stuff

Zaino is awesome stuff but very pricey and a pain to apply if your a n00b.

Also its all the in prep. I can make Megs NXT last 4 times as long by claying and polishing the paint before applying vs just applying Zaino to a just washed car.

If you reallllly want you car to shine for a low budget go to advanced auto (or autozone)
by a $25 orbital buffer, a bottle of Meguiars Ulitmate Compound or scratch-x, Meguiars smooth surface clay bar and some NXt syn wax.

wash-clay-compound/polish-wax-enjoy!

$25 orbital buffer will jack your car up. Polishes and compounds need very high speeds to break down and polish properly. Those $25 orbitals CANNOT generate enough speed to polish correctly so stay far away from them. They are good for applying/removing wax and that's really it.