Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Window tint question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window tint question

I have come to the conclusion of just tinting the rear 3 windows on my soon to come (in about 2 weeks) 2005, auto, lakeshore slate, stone leather G35. Do you think it will look okay? I chose to do only the rear 3 cause the cops in my area are dicks, and I don't want my parents to get pulled over for it. Thank you for your replies. I am scared it won't look nice.

P.S. - Once in a while, my parents are gonna want to drive the car (without me). So that's why i had to get auto, and am thinking about tinting just the rear ones. I don't want to void factory warranty, and want to keep the car perfectly legal (so a cop can't pull me over for no reason unless I am doing something illegal like speeding).

Old 12-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Premier Member

well, you won't void the factory warranty by applying tint. I had all mine done (including sides), I did 35% on the rear and 50% on the sides, it looks fantastic and haven't haven't been bothered by the police once. It's a light tint so it looks factory installed IMO.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Unless your tint is 20% or less on sides and/or you're doing other cop grabbers, I wouldn't worry about it. For my red coupe with willow interior, I went with 35% llumar atr charcoal on sides and rear. Still looks classy and doesn't scream "here's an excuse to pull me over." IMO just doing back and rear sides would detract from the g's seamless chic look.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Florida G35 Club Member
Tint all of them, that is ridiculous to leave the front ones not tinted. Btw I have that exact color combination inside and out that you will be getting. Good luck with your car.
Lips

Old 12-09-2004, 09:40 PM
I have 21% all around. personally, i think sedans with only the rear's tinted look bad. just get a lighter tint, 35% or 50%, but get it all around.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Huper Optik

Films dont have to have the dark look anymore . You can use very light almost invisible tints that still block out 50 percent or even more heat. www.huperoptikusa.com films are ceramic and dissipate the heat instead of absorbing heat like black films . The look also is virtually invisable with Huper 50 and 60 ceramic films you can even tint the entire windshield virtually undetectable. Huper films also do not contain any dies so goodbye to the purple look in a year like other films. My recommendation would be to tint the side windows in a light film and the use a privacy film Huper 30 or 40 on the back window glass that way there is continuity on the side of the car . Also if or when you get pulled over make sure you tell the cop " I thought that something was applied on my windows this is the way I got it from the dealership" maybe he will give you a warning . Remember illegal film can be a cause for insurance companies to not allow a claim in case of an accident .

Old 12-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
I have come to the conclusion of just tinting the rear 3 windows on my soon to come (in about 2 weeks) 2005, auto, lakeshore slate, stone leather G35. Do you think it will look okay? I chose to do only the rear 3 cause the cops in my area are dicks, and I don't want my parents to get pulled over for it. Thank you for your replies. I am scared it won't look nice.
inspector. If yours is a sedan than my car is identical to yours but I have the X . Tint looks real good, I only went with 35% which is the legal limit where I live. Too bad I didn't know how to post pics here.
Wayne

Old 12-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Thumbs up tinting

inspector,

I just (12/8) picked up mr g35/lakeshore slate/stone/sport suspension with 19" wheels and the dealer installed dark window tint. All windows are tinted and looks great with the slate color.

max

Old 12-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Get the legal film on the front doors--as long as it is the legal film with a vesc-20 sticker you will be fine. The rear can be darker.

Old 12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
Inspector , Here are a couple of pics of my Lakeshore Slate G35X with 35% Tint.
Wayne

Last edited by GEE35FX; 04-17-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:28 PM
you have to tint all of them!!! i have a 2004 G35x with 5% and havent had any problems with the cops.......heres some pics

Attached Thumbnails Window tint question-nov16_003.jpg   Window tint question-nov16_005.jpg   Window tint question-nov16_004.jpg  
Old 12-14-2004, 02:55 PM
I was torn just like you, should I tint the front windows because it is illegal to tint the front windows in California. I didn't do it, because I didn't want to get another tint ticket and since it is not a fix-it ticket anymore. I went with 20% tints on the rear three windows. I don't really mind how it looks because the tints are mostly for my kids to not get the sun light in their eyes.

I did tint my Maxima windows, but since I got a ticket for the tints I don't think I will tint the fronts again. Cop made a U-turn on a four lane highway just to give me a tint ticket, no other infraction. What an a$$.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:54 PM
I just picked up my G35 Coupe. I tinted all with 35% non metallic film (supposed to be newest on market - can get AM stations better). It looks very clean, but not too dark. Those in So. Calif., AcuTint in Montclair (Sarkis) does great work at reasnable prices.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:02 PM
I got Huper 40 for the sides and rear and Llumar 50 for the front (the only tint shop in Seattle with Huper wouldn't do the front with Huper, said it was too hard to install). Looks good and not too dark. Kind of like a nice pair of sunglasses. I've gotten so used to the tint that when I drive my gf's RX300, it seems so bright without any tint. Haven't had any issues with the tint in Seattle. Also don't have a front plate and only got pulled over once with a warning.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Premier Member

I'll say it again, go with a 50% on the sides (4) and a 35% on the rear, it's subtle, looks factory installed and no-one will pull you over.
The 35% reallt accenuates the sides, looks classy..looks OEM..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window tint question