Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

scratch x 2.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Use a bunch on a cotton towel, and apply some pressure in a circular motion, back in forth, top to bottom, left to right..

Do it for a a minute or so. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.
yea I tried that MANY times. Anyway, I just went and picked up some Turtle wax rubbing compound and also their hard wax and almost all my scratches are gone. There is only one scratch left but that was a deep one and I knew that wouldn't come out. It did conceal it quite well though. I'm impressed with this stuff.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
yea I tried that MANY times. Anyway, I just went and picked up some Turtle wax rubbing compound and also their hard wax and almost all my scratches are gone. There is only one scratch left but that was a deep one and I knew that wouldn't come out. It did conceal it quite well though. I'm impressed with this stuff.
Yeah, Rubbing Compound is a bit stronger than ScratchX.

I have a few rock chips on my bumper that I'm suppose to coverup with dr color chip.

I might mess with it tomorrow afternoon.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ScratchX is pretty good stuff. If you can catch your finger nail on a scratch though, it can't be compounded out. You can hide it though. Someone pointed you to meguiarsonline.com, and that's good advice, go check them out. If ScratchX isn;t strong enough, you may have better luck with Ultimate Compound first, then ScratchX, then a good wax / sealant. Best way I've found by hand is using a foam applicator pad. You need to rub it hard enough and with enough force to make some heat and to wear down the clear coat around the scratch to soften the edges. If you d the steps correctly, it'll take you a good hour on one spot, but it'll be much less visible. You will not make it disappear though- the stuff is good, but it's not magic...