Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ultra Shield with my new 2005!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultra Shield with my new 2005!

Had an Ultra-sheild (invisible bra) installed just days after the purchase.
Cost: $600.
Install time: The first time it took the guy 15 hours. Neither one of us were impressed with the results of the first instal. So, back the car went for another 18 hours. The result is very near 'perfection'. Please check the pictures.

__________________________________________________ _______________
2005 Red on Wheat Automatic (NON-Sport model & Proud of it!)
Performance Tire & Wheel Package (18” Tires with 18” 7 spoke rims)
Sunroof
Splashguards
XM Radio
Trunk Mat

Aftermarket :
K&N Air Filter (installed)
Z-Tube (not yet)
Ultra-Shield (Invisible Bra) (installed by Ultrashield of Charlotte in Charlotte NC)
Lanzar Vibe531 5 Channel 1600 watt amplifier (installed)
4 JL (VR650-CSi) Speakers (installed)
1 8” JL Subwoofer with Stealth 4080 (installed)
1 Radar Detector (installed)
Stillen Adjustable Anti-Sway-bars (not yet)

Aftermarket on order:
Borla Exhaust
G35 Skyline Emblems
Chrome OEM 18” Wheels ($500. + Exchange) – (LA Wheel and Tire)

Attached Thumbnails Ultra Shield with my new 2005!-img_3471s.jpg   Ultra Shield with my new 2005!-img_3495s.jpg  
Old 12-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
15 and 18 hours? The installer didn't know what he was doing! Should be ~8 hrs max.

Old 12-16-2004, 07:02 PM
15, 18, 8, hours waaaaaayyyy too long... They were either feeding you a line at the shop or were really backed up. I did my wifes sedan and it didn't take any where near that long, and it was my first attempt at it...

Glad it worked out in the long run for you. You will love the clear bra, it will keep your ride lookin' good for years to come!

Old 12-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Wow, 15 and 18hrs? Our average install time for two guys is 2.5 hrs and 4 hrs for one tech. They must've been packed

Old 12-17-2004, 02:10 AM
hey WildWildWest, u got your clear bra off ebay, was it a specific kit for the g35 sedan, or a generic? howd it work out, send me pics please man, im really curious. also how much u pay? cause it couldnt be that much, id think its only expensive for the install.

Old 12-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Let me clairify . . .

Sorry, about that. Let me clairify. I was without my car for 15 and 18 hours. I have no idea how long this guy actually worked on the car. On both times, the car was kept overnight. The installer is a small (older single man) local operation, who is relatively new to the line of work. And despite the fact it took him a very long time to do the work, he did an amazing (perfect) job. The result was perfect. No bubbles, no silvering, no wrinkles, no debre, not one trace of any mistake, and for me, thats all that matters. I am glad I was patient, and was willing to wait. It was well worth it.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey chuck, I got mine from this shop It came with step by step directions for the car.

I was originally planning on needing to buy two of them to get it how I wanted - figured I would whank something up... The place will sell you any single piece if you booger it up during the install and want to give it another go. In the end I was able to get everything on to my satisfaction - beginners luck if you will. I will say this it was kind of a pain, but for me it was worth it! I didn't find the Sedan to be over the top, just took a lot of patience! The Coupe looks harder - more curves and bigger piece of stuff.

I would say the clear bra is a get it done now mod, but like a lot of people have said it is probably something you want to have installed by somebody who has done it before. The again, I would have been able to buy four full kits and still break even in the deal.

Sorry, don't have any photos... Not that advanced LOL the hood goes just about to the top of the headlights, and the bumper is a single piece. The fender pieces could be bigger, but they are fine...

Good luck!

Old 12-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Switch, keeping it overnight makes a lot more sense than working on it for 18 hours! Congrats! BTW, don't see too many red ones sporting about, wonder why...

Old 12-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have pictures of an ivory pearl coupe with a clear bra? Is 3M the best product for a car this color?

Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 PM
does the clear bra cover the OEM lipkit if you have it? or does it only cover the bumper part?

Old 01-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Here's a couple of mine at this link: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=40008&page=2

gnut - Is 3M the best product for a car this color?
3m's product tends to fade and yellow over time which is why they came out with some changes to their film a yr ago. However, they are still using the same urethane with clearer adhesives. Their product is still warrantied for five years. In our opinion Venture / Madico is the better product on the market. Llumar is also big competitor on the market, but their film has not been approved by any auto manufacturers, while Venture is now being used on Nissans, Ford, GM, Ferrari, Dodge, and several other manufacturers. Venture comes with a lifetime warranty from bubbling, fading and yellowing.

s4m222-does the clear bra cover the OEM lipkit if you have it? or does it only cover the bumper part?
-yes, this could be covered if you have the oem kit.....actually, even aftermarket bodykits can be covered as long as the tech is skilled and experienced enough to wrap a bumper in one piece. Some places do multiple pieces due to lack of experience and expertise........these guys are generally cheaper and the work is not up to par with the top paint protection companies in the world.

Attached Thumbnails Ultra Shield with my new 2005!-116-1601_img.jpg   Ultra Shield with my new 2005!-115-1600_img.jpg  
Old 01-07-2005, 03:36 AM
If everyone's wondering why there's no seam on the hood......well, first of all, even if it's there, you wouldn't see it bc of film and installation quality. 2nd, there's no seam on the hood, because the entire hood is wrapped.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Z2G
that's pretty sad if it took a professional installer that long. i did it myself in the same amount of time. and i have absolutely NO experience with the install and just winged it!!!!

Old 01-10-2005, 03:56 AM
HOLY S*** the entire hood is wrapped!!, if i was rich enough would it be okay to just clearbra the WHOLE car? then its fully protected and no seams...

like a THICK clearcoat haha ^^ should be standard on cars...

Old 01-10-2005, 04:02 AM
It's not too practical for most cars to have the entire vehicle wrapped, but we recently did a 360 full vehicle wrap and it turned out excellent. It's cars like these that would need such coverage...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ultra Shield with my new 2005!