Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Liquid Wax Or Paste Wax? NEWBIE HERE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Liquid Wax Or Paste Wax? NEWBIE HERE

Hey just got my G35C (BLACK) a week ago. I have no idea what to wash or wax the car with. I have been searching the forums but everyone is talking about stuff I have never heard of.

SO i have decided to go with MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS. Its a name i know and has been good for me in the past.

NOT SURE IF I AM SUPPOSED TO USE THE LUQUID WAX OR WAX PASTE... AND WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Thanx for your patience with the dumb newbie

Old 04-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've used Meguires Gold Class for a couple of years now any I like it very much.
The liquid is much easier to use for the application process. As for removal, I think that it would be the same when using either a paste or liquid.
Personally, I use a Porter Cable 7424 orbital buffer on my sedan( Twilight Blue) for waxing and polishing. Its the best investment I have made in the detailing area so far.
Search around for other comments about it.
I have used Meguires Gold Class car wash too but I prefer Mothers brand. Just my opinion. Stick to a good brand name car wash and you will be fine.

Hope I could help out a little.
Any further questions, PM me!!!

Cheers!!!

Last edited by 35bills; 04-11-2005 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 35bills
Personally, I use a Porter Cable 7424 orbital buffer on my sedan( Twilight Blue) for waxing and polishing. Its the best investment I have made in the detailing area so far.
Cheers!!!
Bill, Did you purchase your 7424 in T.O, I will be staying downtown for a few days this week and if there is somewhere around that offers it for a reasonable price ,I will pick one up.
Thanks,
Wayne

Old 04-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanx you guys! Been alot of help!

Old 04-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
liquids in general are easier to apply then paste. removal seems to be about the same effort. liquids will usually cost more since a can of paste wax will last sooo long, where as the bottle of liquid will get you 4 waxes or so.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
liquids in general are easier to apply then paste. removal seems to be about the same effort. liquids will usually cost more since a can of paste wax will last sooo long, where as the bottle of liquid will get you 4 waxes or so.
Ditto.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by 35bills
I've used Meguires Gold Class for a couple of years now any I like it very much.
The liquid is much easier to use for the application process. As for removal, I think that it would be the same when using either a paste or liquid.
Search around for other comments about it.
I have used Meguires Gold Class car wash too but I prefer Mothers brand. Just my opinion. Stick to a good brand name car wash and you will be fine.

Hope I could help out a little.
Any further questions, PM me!!!

Cheers!!!
Second on Meguire's Gold Class liquid. I'm very satisfied wtih it. Easy to spread on and a little goes a long way because it soaks into your applicator whereas with paste I've always seemed to be going back and getting more. Of course all the shine and protection you want and a nice smell too when you're done with the car. Park the car in the garage, wake up the next morning and the whole garage smells sweet.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LUV2DRIVEMYG35
Second on Meguire's Gold Class liquid. I'm very satisfied wtih it. Easy to spread on and a little goes a long way because it soaks into your applicator whereas with paste I've always seemed to be going back and getting more. Of course all the shine and protection you want and a nice smell too when you're done with the car. Park the car in the garage, wake up the next morning and the whole garage smells sweet.

just a theory, but I think that the sweet smell attracts birds which think its a fruit. So the birds come by and crap on your car. At least that seems to be my observation, everytime I wash and wax, wouldn't you know it a bird takes a poop on the car the next day.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Zaino is really easy to apply and remove!

Love Zaino.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:51 AM
Can you apply wax with a buffer??? Sry, Noob question

Old 04-15-2005, 07:08 AM
I used to be a liquid wax guy but have converted to paste wax. I find s100 (same as p21s) goes on as easy as wax and is a wax on, no wait, wax off type. I keep my cars very clean to adding a new coat of wax monthly or so takes only 1/2 to 1 hour at most. Nothing wrong with the liquid waxes, but the some of the paste types aren't much harder to apply. If the directions don't call for you to wait until they haze up, then the removal is easy. I don't use a pc as it won't save that much time. good luck.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
just a theory, but I think that the sweet smell attracts birds which think its a fruit. So the birds come by and crap on your car. At least that seems to be my observation, everytime I wash and wax, wouldn't you know it a bird takes a poop on the car the next day.
Well I don't know just how permeating the sweet smell is outdoors. You only get it right after waxing and keeping the car in a garage. A day later by parking it outside you don't really smell it anymore and by three days the smell is gone completely. Worst case scenario the car is waxed so bird **** comes off easily. It's been 6 days and not one on my car yet.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by cfrago
I used to be a liquid wax guy but have converted to paste wax. I find s100 (same as p21s) goes on as easy as wax and is a wax on, no wait, wax off type. I keep my cars very clean to adding a new coat of wax monthly or so takes only 1/2 to 1 hour at most. Nothing wrong with the liquid waxes, but the some of the paste types aren't much harder to apply. If the directions don't call for you to wait until they haze up, then the removal is easy. I don't use a pc as it won't save that much time. good luck.
I'm a big fan of S100 as well for black cars.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Thumbs up

I have found using Meguiars NXT wax excellent on Black. Apply a coat and let it stand for 15-20 minutes before removing. Let it cure for 24 hours and repeat thw application. Makes the black POP in sunlight!

Old 04-15-2005, 10:24 AM
I second the Meg's NXT w/ at least a few hours between applications. The darker the color the more sparingly it should be applied.. I then topped it with meg's #16 blue carnuba. My TwiBlue gloss looks to be a mile deep. The NXT works good on the wheels too.

Attached Thumbnails Liquid Wax Or Paste Wax? NEWBIE HERE-p0000718_640.jpg