Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Scrubbed off paint...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scrubbed off paint...?

Long story short. Bird took a crap on my hood. Left there for a day. Tried to scrub off with car wash. Yellow stain left in it's wake. Bug + tar couldn't get it off. Car wash couldn't. Wax wouldn't. Took dawn and a sponge to scrub off.

After the stain came out, seems like I scrub off the ivory peal... I only see white blemishes now!! What did I do wrong? Did I scrub down to the primer? Do I have to repaint the entire hood to get it off? =/

Old 06-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think what happened is you left it on and it stood in the sun and the bird crap ate straight through the clear coat....had the same problem with my trunk....best thing to do next time is to take it off as soon as possible!!!

Old 07-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for me on how to fix my problem?

Old 07-05-2005, 12:13 PM
If you scrubbed down to the primer you must have been scrubbing relatively hard to get through the clear and the paint that fast. A picture will help determine if thats true. If you scratched through to the paint or the primer it will have to be repainted to be fixed properly. If you just roughed up the clear coat really good a good polish can help take it out or significantly reduce them. A polish like Poorboy's SSR 2.5 will smooth it out again. After that I like to use a less aggressive polish just to make sure it's perfectly smooth like the Poorboy's SSR 1.0. This ensures I you have not created any micro swirls. Then I would finish it with a wax to protect that area. There is actually a really good summer special on the above mentioned products here. You get the SSR 2.5, SSR 1.0, EX (A great wax with carnauba in it for extra shine), plus you get three microfiber towels and three microfiber applicators for $40.