Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

zaino swirl remover..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zaino swirl remover..

hi,
i have a black G, will this zaino stuff get rid of my swirls permanently? they are kind of annoying to look at

thanks.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:30 PM
It is next to impossible to completely remove swirls, especially by hand. I haven't used the Zaino swirl remover yet, but I am awaiting my delivery. If you wanna give it a go, i would go over the car twice by hand with the swirl remover and see how she looks. If most of the swirls are gone, either try another pass with the swirl remover or start layering on the Z5! Keep using Z5 until the finish is as perfect as it will get, then move to Z2.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Yes the Zaino Z-PC will remove light scratches and swirls, for best results use a PC buffer, but it can be used by hand

Old 07-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by hcvone
Yes the Zaino Z-PC will remove light scratches and swirls, for best results use a PC buffer, but it can be used by hand

Mr SAL a while back at Zaino told me if the swirls are bad, use the 3M Swirl Remover for Dark cars on the car with a oribital first, then use the steps by Zaino. I did this on my hood and it came out perfect.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Mr SAL a while back at Zaino told me if the swirls are bad, use the 3M Swirl Remover for Dark cars on the car with a oribital first, then use the steps by Zaino. I did this on my hood and it came out perfect.
This was before Sal came out with his own swirl remover, which is designed to compete with the 3M swirl remover.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you think Sal actually answers his e-mails? I have sent a few mails back and forth and the message header says it comes from Sal but how do we really know it's really him?

Old 07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's him. He's not that hard to get a hold of. I've spoken with him on the phone a couple of times in the past for advice on detailing and before I became comfortable with the ways of zaino.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Which one is the new product and works best?

My ex has a nice prelude, looks great, but I think would benefit from one of these because it has swirls.

I plan on buying him a set of detailing products to use on his Prelude and Pathfinder for his birthday.

Any imput appreciated. I am very very pleased with Zaino and am sure that the results with their swirl remover will be similar, but I would like to hear feedback from someone who has tried it.

Attached Thumbnails zaino swirl remover..-zaino.jpg   zaino swirl remover..-z-5.jpg  
Old 09-11-2005, 10:01 PM
URGH my last message never posted cuz I accidently closed out. Anyway, I recently used the Zaino swirl REMOVER with my cyclo orbital (PC will work just as good). As with anytime you try a new product, there will be a learning curve. I wheeled it out once with a medium pad and another time using very soft finishing pads. I think it worked well and after a bit I figured out that you needed to work in a small areas and immediately wipe off the residue while it was still somewhat wet. Get plenty of MF's for this! I found it removed the swirls as good as other products (you will never completely remove swirls) and the Z5 did a great job hiding the lil that was left. It looked nice for HIN despite only having 3 coats of Z5 and only 1 of Z2! Here is a pic from HIN this past weekend, but never mind the obstructions standing in front of the car.

Attached Thumbnails zaino swirl remover..-nos-girls-diesel-1.jpg