Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Costco Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Costco Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

my mom just bought this product and i was wondering if anyone here has tried it...im planing to use it on the G..but im scared because ive heard horror stories of leather cleaners turning the leather all slippery and oily...

Old 07-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never used it but I would be extremely weary of it. You don't want to skimp on leather care. I would recommend you try it in a nonvisible area and see if you like the results. Often times leather cleaners can be oily like you said because they use fillers that give leather a nice appearance at first but don't actually condition the leather. Leather needs conditioners to be added to it overtime because they fade out. Conditioners help bring back the natural balance of properties that newer leather naturally has. I highly recommend the Leatherique Prestine Clean for regular leather care. It can penetrate deep into the leather and bring contamination up to the surface for easy removal. It is the premier leather cleaner out there and will keep your leather looking good for years to come. If you need your leather to be restorded due to severe fading, drying, or cracking then you need the Leatherique Rejuvinator. The rejuvinator is applied by hand and massaged into the seats. Then you can turn your heated seats on or as I prefer I back the car out and let it sit in the sun for a day so it can bake into the seats. This helps the product brake down and work deep into the leather to give it conditioning deep into the leahter. Each one has amazing results that I have yet to see duplicated and I detail professionally. I rely on products like these that can do a great job and not take up too much time.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Punchit
I've never used it but I would be extremely weary of it. You don't want to skimp on leather care. I would recommend you try it in a nonvisible area and see if you like the results. Often times leather cleaners can be oily like you said because they use fillers that give leather a nice appearance at first but don't actually condition the leather. Leather needs conditioners to be added to it overtime because they fade out. Conditioners help bring back the natural balance of properties that newer leather naturally has. I highly recommend the Leatherique Prestine Clean for regular leather care. It can penetrate deep into the leather and bring contamination up to the surface for easy removal. It is the premier leather cleaner out there and will keep your leather looking good for years to come. If you need your leather to be restorded due to severe fading, drying, or cracking then you need the Leatherique Rejuvinator. The rejuvinator is applied by hand and massaged into the seats. Then you can turn your heated seats on or as I prefer I back the car out and let it sit in the sun for a day so it can bake into the seats. This helps the product brake down and work deep into the leather to give it conditioning deep into the leahter. Each one has amazing results that I have yet to see duplicated and I detail professionally. I rely on products like these that can do a great job and not take up too much time.
hey thanks a bunch for the tips man...im just about to place my order...

Old 07-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Glad to hear it, I'm sure you'll be happy with the products. I think it's more than worth it to invest a little more into a product like Leatherique considering how much leather seats cost. Plus is just fun to get into a car with leather that looks and feels new.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:58 PM
how often do you condition/clean the leather?

Old 07-27-2005, 12:04 AM
It really depends on your usage and how clean your car is kept. Crumbs, soil, contamination, oil from your skin and more are harmful to the long term care of your leather. So the more of these things you have the more cleanings you should do. I vacuum the seats atleast once a month, use the Prestine Clean once every one to two months, the Rejuvinator one to two times a year. This process will ensure clean and well conditioned leather. Again this process should be adjusted based on the wear and tear your leather takes.