Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Wax removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax removal?

Hello,
I was wondering, I have NXT applied on my car, and want to try out the Zaino everyone is talking about, and to do that, can I just dawn my car to remove all the NXT wax on my car?

Also, "IF" I need to remove Zaino, I heard dawn wouldn't not work when removing Zaino, is that true?

Thank you.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know about Zaino not being able to be removed, but try some prewax-cleaner. I heard Mother's are pretty good. I have been using Mother's of late and have been pretty satisfied with it. Try the Wax Forum over on Mother's website:

http://www.waxforum.com/

Those guys are pretty knowledgeable. I've learned alot from them and this one is very good too:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-intro-detailing.html

Those two places alone will answer your questions. Have fun!

Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Dawn probably won't remove either. I know it won't remove Zaino. I would wash the car, then clay it, then give it an isa:water rubdown (rubbing alcohol mixed 50:50 with water, spray on, wipe off), that will remove anything. You can use vinegar too, but it smells.

The wax will likely be gone after the clay, but what can I say, I'm thorough.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want to really do a good job removing the wax/polish/sealants, just go to your friendly auto-body shop and ask to buy a liter of what they use to prep the body. It's not cheap, but it works great, and a little goes a long way.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the reply.
When you clay the car, if I were to use the Speed Clay by Diamondite, would it give you the same results as you would get with a regular clay?

Thanks again.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:41 AM
DO NOT USE ZAINO. Please. It is a polish, will dull your paint due to being a polymere (they build up,) and do not protect as well as a fine carnuba waz. You need to buy some zymol. It is the ish. But some Zymol concours wax, and some HD cleanse. Wash the car with dish soap and hd cleanse it for the first time using Zymol to assure 100% bonding. I guarantee you, nothing is as easy and is as good as Zymol. Zaino is crap. It gives it a great shine, but the Zymol, IMO, if by far better. It is more expensive, but it is easy to use and it protects very well. After all, that is the job of wax; to protect your paint.

ZYMOL is king. It will really bring out the depth of your paint and the total overall color spectrum of your paint. Guaranteed.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:51 AM
D87
Originally Posted by jordanair45
DO NOT USE ZAINO. Please. It is a polish, will dull your paint due to being a polymere (they build up,)...

...Zaino is crap. It gives it a great shine...

Old 10-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Hey guys, if you want my professional opinion, go to autobody supply store and pick up some wax and grease remover, might also be called road tar remover. It is what we use to clean the painted surfaces before we paint. Just be sure to use gloves and use in a well ventillated area. This is the easiest method I can think of.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:45 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
DO NOT USE ZAINO. Please. It is a polish, will dull your paint due to being a polymere (they build up,) and do not protect as well as a fine carnuba waz. You need to buy some zymol. It is the ish. But some Zymol concours wax, and some HD cleanse. Wash the car with dish soap and hd cleanse it for the first time using Zymol to assure 100% bonding. I guarantee you, nothing is as easy and is as good as Zymol. Zaino is crap. It gives it a great shine, but the Zymol, IMO, if by far better. It is more expensive, but it is easy to use and it protects very well. After all, that is the job of wax; to protect your paint.

ZYMOL is king. It will really bring out the depth of your paint and the total overall color spectrum of your paint. Guaranteed.
That's just about the whackiest detailing advice I've ever read. Congrats.

BTW, I don't like Zaino much either, but dulls the paint? Crap? No.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:44 PM

You must work for Zymol, or have a lot of their stocks

Old 10-18-2005, 10:30 PM
dishwash soap

Old 10-26-2005, 02:56 PM
If Zaino doesnt work then every detailer ive ever talked to is wrong. Almost every paint sealer that we use in the prof. industry is a polymer sealer and it woks wonders

Old 10-26-2005, 08:03 PM

Man that's some funny stuff. I'm not a Zaino fan. And definitely not a Zymol fan. Someone correct me if I am wrong bu Zymol sources their formulations from Turtle wax and IMO does not provide anything better than Turtle Waxes platinum line.

All polymer sealants, well most will outlast any carnauba based product (with exception given to meguiar's #16 and collinite). Dishwashing soap is bad idea and has not been proven to remove detergent resistant waxes/sealants. It will also tend to remove the oils present in your exterior trim causing premature aging and dulling.

Using a polish will remove whatever thing wax protection is on there. Even a super fine polish like Menzerna Final Polish 2 will aid in removal and will bring back a better shine to your paint. PM me if you want to order a sample size.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
Man that's some funny stuff. I'm not a Zaino fan. And definitely not a Zymol fan. Someone correct me if I am wrong bu Zymol sources their formulations from Turtle wax and IMO does not provide anything better than Turtle Waxes platinum line.

All polymer sealants, well most will outlast any carnauba based product (with exception given to meguiar's #16 and collinite). Dishwashing soap is bad idea and has not been proven to remove detergent resistant waxes/sealants. It will also tend to remove the oils present in your exterior trim causing premature aging and dulling.

Using a polish will remove whatever thing wax protection is on there. Even a super fine polish like Menzerna Final Polish 2 will aid in removal and will bring back a better shine to your paint. PM me if you want to order a sample size.
Wow, I'm not a fan of Zaino Either but that was harsh. I think Zaino is overpriced and because of this, people tend to make it out to be the best. However, from what I've seen, Zaino is good stuff, just overpriced IMO. Just like an M3 So, Zaino if you have an M3, if not then use some precleaner wax. I heard Meg pro line makes some good stuff. Also, try Mothers (like I stated before). Both of these brands have forums so you will get plenty of Questions answered.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
I disagree that high end products are overpirced. I think the regular lines like mothers and megs are better than nothing but if your going to buy an expensive car, (which they all are now), you might as well spend a little extra on a better protection and appearance. I use the Menzerna FMJ which is not a cheap sealant. However when you break it down to a peruse basis its actually very comparable in price. I use less than 1oz to do an entire car (usually about .75 ounces) and the results are well worth it. The paint shines with an amazing glow and gives tremendous protection for months. It also goes on and off so easy that I can do the whole car in under 45 minutes by myself. Even though the 32oz bottle is $50 IMO you get a lot more bang for your buck (50/(32oz/.75oz) = $1.17 per use. I think $1.17 is a great investment especially since your giving your car better care and a better look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wax removal?