Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Wax removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Wow, I'm not a fan of Zaino Either but that was harsh. I think Zaino is overpriced and because of this, people tend to make it out to be the best. However, from what I've seen, Zaino is good stuff, just overpriced IMO. Just like an M3 So, Zaino if you have an M3, if not then use some precleaner wax. I heard Meg pro line makes some good stuff. Also, try Mothers (like I stated before). Both of these brands have forums so you will get plenty of Questions answered.
Oh I wasn't trying to be harsh... Harsh would be... I don't think Zaino provides any better shine/protection than rubbing and buffing dog **** on your car. I'm just not a fan of the look and the requirements that they have set out for application. It's a very plastic like shine and requires far too much time for curing/etc.

As mentioned above the pricier products are well worth it. I too am a big user of FMJ. All of the cars I've been detaling have received FMJ as their final finish product. Some may deem it overpriced compared to say carnauba waxes but alot of carnauba waxes will last 1-1.5 months and you'll need to reapply. It's also more work to apply/remove than alot of the easier to use synthetic products out there.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I never said Zaino makes horrible products nor did I say high-end products are not woth it (well, depends on the person). What I'm saying is that you can get alot of better products out there that will do as good as a job as the higher-end (of course, "Higher-End" is very subjective) but will cost less. I was just making a point with the G compared to the M3. Performance wise, it pretty darn close. However, the M3 cost quite a bit more.

As for Mothers and Meguires products, they aren't exactly Regular lines as much as they used to be. Actually, thinking about it, Mothers have the new Reflection and FX line that is giving Zaino's and Mernzerna a run for their money. Also, the Megs and some pretty good Pro line products that I hear are top-notch (although I haven't used this line). Hey, I'm all for ease of use too that's why I have so many products in my Cabinent Well, Mother's Reflection line isn't exactly cheap, btw ($18 for 16 oz.) as well as some of the Megs professional products too. Hey, I say as long as we all are happy with our car and the shine it gives, hell even turtle was will work for some folks.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
LSP's are so subjective and the difference in durabilty and looks are so minute it's almost impossible to recommend one combo over another. Also, I find they should be judged by the individual product, not the line. For example, I like poorboys ex-p, ex w/carnauba, nattys paste wax, and quick detailers very much, however I generally dislike their compound polishes. I love Zaino's leather car products and can't live without their tire/rubber dressing, but can't stand Z2/Z5. I wouldn't touch Meg's polishes with a 10 foot pole, but I use ScratchX and Final Inspection all the time. You get the point.

Old 10-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
LSP's are so subjective and the difference in durabilty and looks are so minute it's almost impossible to recommend one combo over another. Also, I find they should be judged by the individual product, not the line. For example, I like poorboys ex-p, ex w/carnauba, nattys paste wax, and quick detailers very much, however I generally dislike their compound polishes. I love Zaino's leather car products and can't live without their tire/rubber dressing, but can't stand Z2/Z5. I wouldn't touch Meg's polishes with a 10 foot pole, but I use ScratchX and Final Inspection all the time. You get the point.
Yes, I agree. I have a sortment of products myself. So far, I've been mainly using Mother's products (that's why I like them), especially the FX and Reflection lines (although their tire spray isn't great, but good). I use Meg NXT glass cleaner, along with Stoner's and Sprayway (so far, Meg seems to be the easiest to use). I have Zymol leather car (I like it), Mothers (clean and conditioner all-in-one), and Meg's interior care. The one product I really like is the FX spray wax by Mothers. This is essentially a wax that is used inbetween car washes (after I use some Meg's detailer spray).

Yeah, you get the point