Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Any questions about detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any questions about detailing

Hey guys i just realized this section was here. If any one has any questions on detailing feel free to ask me. I am a professional detailer and have gone threw all the training seminars out there. so if i can be of any help just let me know

Old 10-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by CERTAUTOG35
Hey guys i just realized this section was here. If any one has any questions on detailing feel free to ask me. I am a professional detailer and have gone threw all the training seminars out there. so if i can be of any help just let me know
What is the best way to get rid of really fine spider webbing? I've given it the full Zaino treatment (wash, claybar, polish, wax) but they're still there. You can only see it when the light hits it just right and it still looks really good most of the time, but it still bugs me.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow that's like the most loaded question you can ask a detailer.

Bottom line is you can either remove them with a compound, or hide them with a product that has fillers. Most of us prefer to remove them. How you remove them depends on personal preference. Most "detailers" do it by PC or rotary using a mildly-abrasive polish.

Just fyi, the only "polish" in the Zaino line is ZPC. Z5 and Z2 are labelled polishes, but they are actually sealants.

Lots of threads here about how to remove marring, but I am sure CERTAUTOG35 will have some good advice for you. Cheers.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by navy_ecmo
What is the best way to get rid of really fine spider webbing? I've given it the full Zaino treatment (wash, claybar, polish, wax) but they're still there. You can only see it when the light hits it just right and it still looks really good most of the time, but it still bugs me.
I'm not a big fan of Zaino and there are many reasons why. You've probably heard them already. Depending on how you're polishing you may not be using the right product for the job.

To really burnish the last remaining spiderwebbing from the car I'd really suggest a really finely milled polish like Menzerna FP2 or Menzerna PO106FF (Nano Polish). PM me if you want to try them out rather than buy a full 32oz bottle. They prices are reasonable and since most DIYers are not going to be using polsihes all the time it's a good way to use some of the best polish out there.

And picus is right... are you using a PC? or everything by hand? If all by hand you can finish off with Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze to hide the remaining last blemishes on your car.

Good luck. If you want to email me directly, robin@attn-to-details.com

And I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I know picus has done great work on his car and I'm sure CERTAUTOG35 can chime in with his take on things.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:01 AM
thanks for offering your help openly to everyone. Perhaps you could help me out on some of the questions i'm having.

https://g35driver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72313

thx in advance.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:43 PM
It depends on how bad it is you can either compound it with a heavy compound i prefer 3m or if its bad you can wet sand then compound after that follow all polishing and waxing steps if you have any more questions im me at Busta397

Old 10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I also do agree with frizzle. I believe if you can use a pc then use it becasue your results will be much better Any one that is a professional detailer aim me and if we can have a little training day or put together a manual for our fellow g35ers

Old 10-28-2005, 05:07 PM
here's one for you guys,CERTAUTOG35, FrizzleFry or any pro out there.
I detailed my wifes black IS300 that have very bad swirls this weekend.
I washed and clayed first.then...

1.I first used meguires swirl and scratch remover#9 w/pc set to 3 and 4 with lake country orange pad.removed most of the swirls but some scratches are still there.

2.klasse AIO put on with a pc set to 3.using lc white polishing pad.
come out o.k with smooth paint but i can see hologram (swirls)? in the sun.
any idea what i'm doing wrong here.?

3.getting late so I just put on a coat of s100(p21s) paste wax by hand.
any idea's of what I'm doing wrong that can cause that hologram effect?

thanks ,CERTAUTOG35 for putting this thread up.
p.s i should add this is my first time using a pc.I've been lurking around here and autotopia for most of my info.
thanks again

Old 10-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Holograms are one of two things normally. Either the first polish/pad combo was harsh enough that it created marring of its own in a circular pattern, or you still have leftover product on the car. To fix issue #1, you need to polish with a less abrasive polish to basically clean up the finish after the first abrasive polish. This is the less likely of the two causes, since you followed up with AIO.

If you have polish residue on the car you can just give it a wipe down with some rubbing alcohol mixed with water (50:50). Spray on and wipe off, that will take everything off, so you will need to re-apply your wax. I do this whenever I polish before glazes/lsp's just to make sure I get all the polish residue off.

Cheers.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:09 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
heres a question.. what kinda combo of polish glaze seal wax whatever u guys use to get that wet/glossy look outta black, silver, and IP

Old 10-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
heres a question.. what kinda combo of polish glaze seal wax whatever u guys use to get that wet/glossy look outta black, silver, and IP
For non-metallic black I use clearkote red machine glaze, poorboys ex w/carnauba, and natty's blue. I maintain with ocw. For metallic I switch out ex w/carnauba with ex-p. For white/silver I use 4* UPP after read machine glaze.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
I've been sticking to Menzerna polishes (Intensive Polish and Nano Polish aka PO106FF) and their Finishing Touch Glaze. I've had great results with Menzerna FMJ. These products I can use across all colors and it will come out looking great.

I have other products that I could use. 3M Show car paste wax is really easy to use and lasts a decent amount of time. I don't have any pictures of how it looks.

This is a black accord using the IP, NP, FMJ combo.

http://www.attn-to-details.com/vehic...cord_10_12_05/

Black celica, Black Civic Si, Red BMW using IP, FP2, FMJ combo.

http://www.attn-to-details.com/vehic...lica_09_15_05/

http://www.attn-to-details.com/vehicles/civic_si_7_05/

http://www.attn-to-details.com/vehicles/bmw_z_9_30_05/

Old 10-30-2005, 02:15 AM
QUESTION: What's the best cleaner for the G's dash? I don't like the greased armarol look, i just want a way to get rid of dust and lint.

Old 10-30-2005, 03:34 AM
give 303 Aerospace cleaner a try. I believe most Ace hardware stores will carry it. It's just a light sheen to it and lasts for quite some time. Doesn't seem to attract dust. This is now my interior dress product as it doesn't give the interior a wet look and makes it clean.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:30 PM
THanks for the advice guys. However, I think this has gotten more involved than I could do myself. My skills are not on a level that I want to take a chance with my black paint.

SO now my question is: about how much would it cost to have this professionally done by some one who does know what they are doing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any questions about detailing