Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Creeks and noises...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creeks and noises...

Hey folks. Its been a week since I picked up my G and its making some odd internal noises. Like when I have the audio level around 20 or so, the bass seems to make the door panels or pillars creek. Also when I have the audio low or off, when I go over bumps, this happens as well. Has anyone had this same problem? If so what can I do to fix it. I mean, I dont mind getting use to some things, but little noises like this drive me insane, especially from a brand new vehicle.

Thanks.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Re: Creeks and noises...

I get similar noises going over little bumps. I am planning to show it to the dealer when I take it for my next oil change. The noise is minimal, and only happens when it's hot outside, but it's still noticeable.

Old 07-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of people have issues with this... The experiences on this board seem to range from hearing "we won't fix it" to "at your service!". Take the car in, ride with the tech who's assigned to your car, and make sure he/she hears it... my tech said he found the perfect song to bring out door rattles: Miss Independant by Kelly Clarkson (that American Idol chick). The frequency of the bass note at the beginning will expose any rattle in any car. Pretty funny...
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
Indianapolis, IN

Old 07-28-2003, 01:18 AM

Kelly Clarkson, NEVER!!
Take it in. There are several pops and rattles in this car, but keep in mind it is in its first year.
I have taken mine in several times. Most of the time they came up with a fix. I also experienced the rattling from the speakers, and they can do some things to eliminate it, or greatly reduce it. But, the Bose system does put out a lot of lower-end frequency and bass in those front speakers, so you will get some vibration.
Good luck.

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 07-29-2003, 05:35 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My coupe has the exact same rattle(s)- from the rear speaker and when going over bumps- the car has had it since day 1. I am going in for my first service at 3700 in a few days, and plan on making sure to demonstrate it for the service advisor, etc. Also, there appears to be a TBS on this problem - see TSB 03023 on this board.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:05 AM

I have the same problem. One thing I noted that the noise come from the passenger seatbelt too. If there is no passenger, and the seatbelt is not connect, it will make noise everytime I drive it on a bumping road. It realy anoying, I have to connect the passenger even if I drive alone to take off the freaking noise.

Ratman

Old 12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe we could just take Kelly for a ride, no music! [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 12-21-2003, 02:29 PM

Hopefully you all have the ANNOYING NOISES fixed since this post started in July. (I would not be able to stand all those noises for that long.) :-)

I had all those ANNOYING NOISES that you all mentioned and it's all gone now; fixed by the dealer after several attempts....

Noise from the rear: For mine, it came from where the bass is located. If you open up the trunk door and lightly tap or hit against where the bass is located, you'll hear the flapping noise/rattle. The dealer applied some foam around the location and it's now noise free!

Rattle from the front passenger side: Turn up the volume to 15 or 20 with a good bass song from the CD or requests to take the dealer technician "speicalized/trained to look for noise" for a ride where the road has uneven pavements. The dealer put on some fixes to it and is now noise free!! There is a TSB for this, but the dealer will not perform any fixes if there is no evidence of the noise found.

Seatbelts: Yeap, I noticed that too. Just make sure the buckle is not hanging or holding up on the shoulder of the seat (this usually happens when the passenger quickly releases the belt.). What's weird is even when driving the buckle would not drop from the shoulder. So the buckle is hitting against the plastic. Let the buckle drop to the round plastic button stopper on the belt and it should be noise free 95% of the time.

Good luck on noise searching......

Old 12-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my G for two months now, I haven't heard any annoying rattles or creaks so far, and I am a picky guy when it comes to stuff like that! Knock on wood here!!!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT