Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Product report ..... great wax!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Product report ..... great wax!

Had spent sometime reading info. on autopia.com and saw lot's of chat about Optimum Car Wax. There website has good info ontheir product and a Bio on guy who started the Company. It sounded good and the comments from those very **** detailers on autotopia convinced me to try product.
First off let me mention that I just took delivery on new black/graphite '06 MT Coupe. Picked up from the dealer with strict ordrs NOT to wash or polish. I took her home all dirty and gave her her first "bath"! After a thourough wash and dry I broke out the Optimum........ now check this, it's in a spray bottle like a quick detailer. Spray and wipe, spray and wipe one section at a time w/ microfiber.
You don't let it dry and it comes off easy and with a great shine. I waited 24 hours and applied 2nd application. You can do a thorough job in 20 minutes! Love this product. Read about it and note it contains UV inhibitors, Carnuba AND silicone. End result is I have a deep, brillant shine without any dealer applied swirl marks. Great, easy to use product they claim will bead water about 5 months. You'll WANT to use it more often I bet.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a big fan of Optimum. I've started using it as a stand alone LSP on friends cars. It's hard to believe it works so well given the ease of application, but the results don't lie.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i've got a couple gallons here of OCW. it's easy to use but the shine I get from FMJ is still far superior. for regularly detailed cars is use that as needed to bring back some slickness to the paint.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Fmj .................................................. ................

So what is FMJ? I'd like anything that shines better than Optimum. Hard to believe but willing to try! Thanks.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:39 PM
FMJ is a synthetic sealant/wax. It's made by Menzerna and its full name is Full Molecular Jacket. It leaves a super slick surface, the slickest product I've ever encountered and provides an amazing reflection. I'm a west coast distributor for Menzerna... so I carry everything except for one product that's sold in the US... it's one of their polishes PO85RD. Other than that, they've got a complete line of polishes for every need, and the main reason I sell it is that this is the same stuff that is used in the factories today.

Check out my gallery... well I'm still working on the layout but the directory is here. I've got sample sizes of this stuff as well so PM for details.

www.attn-to-details.com/vehicles

Those are just some of the vehicles I've done. I don't have time to take pictures of all of them. But yeah, just PM me or email me at robin@attn-to-details.com for any questions regarding their products.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:31 PM
you can't get FMJ in california though. not VOC compliant

Old 11-28-2005, 12:40 AM
sorry but yes you can.. I'm the only west coast distributor. So if you want FMJ let me know. Other companies outside of CA cannot ship in. The product I have was received prior to the VOC compliance issue.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 AM
now you tell me. i just got some ocw. do you spray it on an applicator or directly on the paint?

Old 12-02-2005, 01:01 AM
You apply FMJ directly onto paint. Super thin coats. .5 to 1oz per car. Super easy to buff/remove. Let me know if you want any. PM or email me

For OCW I spray it onto the MF cloth and wipe on the paint. Works better for me this way.

Last edited by FrizzleFry; 12-02-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by abcdang
now you tell me. i just got some ocw. do you spray it on an applicator or directly on the paint?
OCW goes right on the paint. Spray it on (one spray per panel is enough), then buff it off. Should take ~5 minutes to apply.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:30 PM
For the best shine I apply the Menzerna FMJ (Full Molecular Jacket) as well. Just as stated before it applies super thin using well short of an 1oz to do a thorough job. As I just put in another post it applies/removes so easy, great durability and super slikc appearance. I love the product by itslef but topping it off with P21S Carnauba Wax or Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax (designed for dark colored paint) leaves the car looking stunning. It gives you the protection your looking for as well as the jaw dropping appearance that really makes your car stand out.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Smile Optimum

I found OCW locally here at the grocery store and I picked up a bottle. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but hope it turns out well. If durability and protection is decent, it will make a great way to add a quick boost after every wash. Have high hopes...

Mike