Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Swirls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2003 | 10:58 PM
|
Swirls

Is there anyway or technique to wash a black car with out getting swirls or minimal swirls?

Old 08-22-2003 | 11:18 PM
Re: Swirls

use a leaf blower or do what I do. Get a absober (sythetic chammy) and use the blot method. Then use a 100% cotton towel to wipe off the excess water. If theres dried water spots, take a spray bottle with water and use it on water spots, wipe s down with a 100% towel.

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite

Old 08-24-2003 | 01:01 AM

this is one of those murphy's laws : when you wash your car, you figure (no matter if its wet or using soap or what) you are using friction to clean it . . therefore causing swirls

you can't really wash it and take out swirls, you may try Eagle One's Wax as you Dry for a quick easy solution, I've never seen anybody use Zaino, but the raves are apparent . .

I myself use a process that most shy away from . .
a.) I start of course with a good wash and a clay down
b.) second step is 3M Machine polish with a foam buffing pad and DA buffer - only use this step if your paint is pretty bad
c.) third step is 3M Perfect-It (for dark cars) - with a foam buffing pad and DA buffer
d.) Meguiar's Swirl Remover V2 or Meguiar's Speed Glaze- use this one once or twice depending on your situation again with a buff pad and DA
e.) seal it all off with high quality wax/polish like Meguiar's Show car Glaze or Medallion

if you're just interested in a show car shine without any wax, skip step E and use 3M's Imperial hand glaze, the resulting depth is amazing

I can guarantee satisfaction, although long you will not regret it, it'll bring back 'driving it off the lot' memories

In this process there are no paint 'cleaners', but all that should be taken care of with things like bug/tar remover and clay. The paint is actually thoroughly cleaned through the process.

You may just want to take it to you local body shop and have them color sand the entire car to start from brand new

I guess when you have 4 black cars to care for . . it doesn't seem that insane to me . . but to each his own

Old 08-24-2003 | 05:32 AM

what about getting a teflon coating?