Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

infiniti clock is dull

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Sneakerhead
It honestly does bother me that much. I am not comfortable with having to read an analog clock while I am driving. I would rather look and see a digital screen with the exact time. No other reasons at all cuz I do love the car.
Sorry but thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. No offense (honestly) but I've never heard anyone say "well, I love the car, nice and all...but ehhh I can't deal with an analog clock". Blows my mind.

Like others said, get the Nav...or use your cell phone...or go to Pep Boys and get one of those sticky little digital clocks you can slap over the analog one. It'll look real classy!

For me, I prefer an analog clock - especially while driving. It's easier to glance at and get the approximate time. I can tell if it's around 6:30 or 6:45 in a split second just by the hand positions. I think it's due to the intense analog clock training we had in 1st grade. Anyone else remember that big *** yellow wind-up analog clock from back in the day? I want one.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Back on topic! My analog clock's light is very dim also. I'm sure the lightbulb can be replaced, does anyone know what size the bulb is?

Old 05-13-2006, 01:43 PM
The analog clock is stupid

That is why I love my 2004 with NAVI. I keep the NAVI
up and use the DIGITAL clock. As an added bonus, the
NAVI covers the clock so i NEVER have to see it

Old 05-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by eclipxe
Sorry but thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. No offense (honestly) but I've never heard anyone say "well, I love the car, nice and all...but ehhh I can't deal with an analog clock". Blows my mind.

Like others said, get the Nav...or use your cell phone...or go to Pep Boys and get one of those sticky little digital clocks you can slap over the analog one. It'll look real classy!

For me, I prefer an analog clock - especially while driving. It's easier to glance at and get the approximate time. I can tell if it's around 6:30 or 6:45 in a split second just by the hand positions. I think it's due to the intense analog clock training we had in 1st grade. Anyone else remember that big *** yellow wind-up analog clock from back in the day? I want one.
It may sound stupid to you but for me i have to be at places and leave at certain times to be there right on time. I hate being early or late for something. Rather just on time because I don't have much time to spare with school and work. Also I am not comfortable with analof because I don't wear a watch because I have small writsts and is impossible to find a nice watch the fits me. I know it is an infiniti trademark to use analog clocks in its cars but it doesn't appeal to me and I feel that it rather draws away from the sportiness of the G.

Anywho thanks for the advice and sorry for posting in this topic but I figured I would be better off posting in this topic since it is related to the clock.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sneakerhead
I am not comfortable with having to read an analog clock while I am driving.

LMAO!!!! Sorry but this was just too funny!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I like it...looks good and it is a trademark!

Old 05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I almost did not buy the G b/c I hate it when the spedo is on the rt and the tach is on the lft. I do not feel comfortable looking to the rt when I need to see the speed I'm traveling when I'm trying to get somewhere on time

just play'n

Old 05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by shredX
I almost did not buy the G b/c I hate it when the spedo is on the rt and the tach is on the lft. I do not feel comfortable looking to the rt when I need to see the speed I'm traveling when I'm trying to get somewhere on time

just play'n
I hear ya shred - not only that, but I almost didn't buy the G because the heated seat switches don't have hi - low written on them. I mean, come on.