Motor Blew on Friday the 13th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
that is terrible, its a credit to your character that you've stayed positive through this ordeal.
quoted for truth. i have quietly kept up with the progress and i have to give you huge props for the patience and calm-cool-collect attitude that you've had. i would have lost it without a doubt lol.

especially after those pics..........

Old 01-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VicariousVision
quoted for truth. i have quietly kept up with the progress and i have to give you huge props for the patience and calm-cool-collect attitude that you've had. i would have lost it without a doubt lol.

especially after those pics..........

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words I have wanted to get mad and blame Cobb(even though in mind it is there fault) but that wouldn't bring my car back. I will keep you guys posted.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
OH SNAP!! KIRKS GETTING HIS SHIET FIXED AND COBB IS PAYING FOR IT!!

WIN!

http://my350z.com/forum/8060889-post125.html

Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
UPDATE:

So Uprev has been in a holding pattern while GTM gets the heads done but they should be at Uprev and be mounted on the engine in the next day or so. So I have a plan for some of the money I will be saving thanks to Cobb. I am certain I will be buying the Quife LSD he is going to get me a installed price. I also want to get the GTM valve body upgrade. So my next thought is should I go with headers or suspension? Also I am going to be looking to up grading my wheels and tires to handle all that new power I will be making. Thanks again for sharing in my long, long, long road to Forced induction.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I would definitely recommend suspension upgrade over headers, especially if you are planning to the track the car...

Old 01-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Suspension > Headers.. Anyday..

Old 01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirks06
UPDATE:

So Uprev has been in a holding pattern while GTM gets the heads done but they should be at Uprev and be mounted on the engine in the next day or so. So I have a plan for some of the money I will be saving thanks to Cobb. I am certain I will be buying the Quife LSD he is going to get me a installed price. I also want to get the GTM valve body upgrade. So my next thought is should I go with headers or suspension? Also I am going to be looking to up grading my wheels and tires to handle all that new power I will be making. Thanks again for sharing in my long, long, long road to Forced induction.
the valve body upgrade is a good idea, but i'd put the rest of the cash in the bank in reserve for future problems/hiccups. you're very fortunate that Cobb is kicking in some cash; spend it wisely.

btw, you can save some money by just getting the transgo shift kit and finding a local installer. the GTM kit is very pricey IMO.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by bigc
the valve body upgrade is a good idea, but i'd put the rest of the cash in the bank in reserve for future problems/hiccups. you're very fortunate that Cobb is kicking in some cash; spend it wisely.

btw, you can save some money by just getting the transgo shift kit and finding a local installer. the GTM kit is very pricey IMO.

That is very true I am just getting a bid so we will see where it goes as far as price. Good post thanks

I was thinking the same thing about the headers but this would be a great time to do it, it would be just the cost of the headers basicly.

I don't really want to upgrade the suspension to much just yet because I haven't even driven on my new d specs on revised 350z springs with hotchiks sways, and spl endlinks in the back. I would like to try this combo out to see how if feels compared to stock.

Of course the wheels would be used from craigslist or the forums, I am certainly not trying to go crazy spending wise and besides I am not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Thanks again for the advise and replies

Old 02-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Updates!! Where's the car man, I wanna go for a ride!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
^^^+1

Kirk - wheres the ride? is it up and running?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Update on the car it should be ready for me to drive home on Monday I sure hope so cause I am taking a bus down there Monday morning and have no other plans or means to get home and I have to be at work at 7:30am Tuesday so I sure hope it's reliable and ready on Monday. The new motor took along time to build cause Nissan's crapy parts department according to Rich at Uprev. Well long story short the new motor is getting some brake in miles and then they will put the s/c on tonight and it gets tuned tomorrow. Everyone cross there fingers for me I sure need my car back cause I have to give my toyota highlander back to the soon to be ex wife before I leave on Monday so I am coming back to no car. Sorry about the absents from the boards it's been a hard couple of months let me tell you divorce is a mother .

Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Holy crap man, sorry to hear you are going through a divorce in the midst of all the stuff with your car. Didn't know you were in that situation Hope it wasn't the car that drove you apart!

Good luck to you, let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks I appreciate the kind words, the car didn't help hehe no the car had nothing to do with the divorce. I am tring to start fresh it's rough to loose your house and one of your cars and my nice garage/storage building with all my tools, hopefully I can buy another house soon and start again. The freedom is wonderful can't wait to get my car so I can go and hang out with you peeps.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car is also at UPREV right now. They said they were very busy this week... this must be why. Best of luck with the car!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
all the best!!! hopefully everything works out for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motor Blew on Friday the 13th