[DFW] What have you done to your G Today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
the couple cars i was in with MDU's, it was kind of a rough drive. rougher than i'd like, but i drove a lot too. not trying to say they're not doable, but you can ask people who own em's opinions...

Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks for the input man. Anyone want to chime in?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
people that have had em that i KNOW for sure:

VIcariousVision
Jackus
Eban

Old 02-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
R1Forever

Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
I got my dash pulled and sent to be dyed only thing thats tan now is the carpet which is covered by the black floormats i wonder if i am the firs to do a interior conversion on a LR wheat interior

Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
got all my gauges finally in!

Innovate WB with data logging....dont think I will need now with the OSIRIS
Defi Blue Racer Gauges
-Oil Pressure
-Fuel Pressure
-Oil Temp
-Exhaust Temp
-Boost - intake manifold pressure for now!
AAM fuel Adapter
Greddy oil block Adapter

waiting on Autometer Triple pillar pod from Intense power and waiting on custom gauge pod from TTRANK!! hopefully soon then the install will occur!

by the way I finished up SMURFad (NICK) car lastnight!!! Have to save the single exit exhaust......MONEY!!!!!

AJ - wanted to ask if your topspeed Extension was the 5" or 8" inch one?? sounds bad but if you have the 5" top speed sells the 8" which would move your back canisters out further so it fits better! just a thought..couldnt remember which size you had.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by gmotion04
I got my dash pulled and sent to be dyed only thing thats tan now is the carpet which is covered by the black floormats i wonder if i am the firs to do a interior conversion on a LR wheat interior
Sounds sick, pictures?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by g35man04

Defi Blue Racer Gauges
-Oil Pressure
-Fuel Pressure
-Oil Temp
-Exhaust Temp
AAM fuel Adapter
Greddy oil block Adapter

yeah yeah yeah... we will see how long this lasts

Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunch
yeah yeah yeah... we will see how long this lasts
haha!!!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
I wanna hear nick's exhaust.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g35man04

Defi Blue Racer Gauges
-Oil Pressure
-Fuel Pressure
-Oil Temp
-Exhaust Temp
AAM fuel Adapter
Greddy oil block Adapter

waiting on Autometer Triple pillar pod from Intense power and waiting on custom gauge pod from TTRANK!! hopefully soon then the install will occur!

by the way I finished up SMURFad (NICK) car lastnight!!! Have to save the single exit exhaust......MONEY!!!!!

AJ - wanted to ask if your topspeed Extension was the 5" or 8" inch one?? sounds bad but if you have the 5" top speed sells the 8" which would move your back canisters out further so it fits better! just a thought..couldnt remember which size you had.
Good looking out I'll check when I have a chance the exhaust sounds badass man thanks again for the install

Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by fobizzle
My ride ain't rough at all.. Matter fact, the reason I went to true coilover setup is because the rear end was too bouncy.. I actually wanted it stiffer, and changing the configuration fixed it..

It's all a matter of getting your damper settings how you like them. I'm prolly 2-3 clicks from the stiffest setting in the rear, and I think I'm on the stiffest setting in the front..

The only issue I seriously have w/ them is something common in MOST (even higher priced coils) at slow speeds, you'll hear some chatter (in-cabin) in the front struts. That's because of the metal ball mount as opposed to the rubber in the stock suspension.. But like I said, that's how all aftermarket coils are made from my understanding.

At cruising speeds and higher, and even speeds in residential neighborhoods, I don't hear it.. Only when I get into parkinglots for some reason.

That'd be my review. I'm also lower than most as well, so it could just be the additional strain I'm putting on my suspension, plus I have 15mm spacers all the way around and no camber kits because I can't afford to regain any positive camber...

That will all change when the wheels get here though, going stretched.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by fobizzle
I'll stand behind what T said and add my own opinion as well.

I just took mine off last weekend since I will be going a different route with my G. I had mine the longest out of anyone in the group (other than E-Ban I believe) and they served me well. I kept mine in the middle from a stiffness perspective. If I did it over again, I would have stiffened them up some for sure.

I also converted mine to the true coilover configuration (which is how they now ship right out of the box...mine came originally in the OEM configuration with the rear spring separated). It handled the config well.

As with most coils, the ride was definitely stiffer and whatnot. This is to be expected. I pushed her through the twisties (the ones that the others got busted for) and it handled well. That being said, these coils are meant more for looks and less for hard agressive driving in my opinion. That's not to say that they can't handle it - but they are not an auto-x coilover in my opinion. Others might disagree. I'm sure they could be used as such.

They will definitely dump you as far as you are capable of going, or they can give you a nice moderate drop...or anything in between. They are very adjustable and will give you the look you want.

Hope that helps.

I've mentioned it in passing to a few people, but my MDU's are for sale as well.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I got my bumper all pulled apart. The receiver hitch project is a go. Ill be getting the receiver hitch portion of it welded in place tomorrow.

The bike rack will be ordered on my next pay day. So far so good this project is really coming together. I have been taking pics every step of the way and plan to make a thread of how (and why) I did this when its all finished.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deemo
I wanna hear nick's exhaust.
lol then come meet me somewhere

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: [DFW] What have you done to your G Today?