[DFW] What have you done to your G Today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by ezpotato
jae i have opened up my headlights.... it's easy.. just putting it all back together can be kind of a pain a little/...

chris, all these bushings and things you listed a few posts back, what kind of benefits do they offer?
Emad I will say you of all people should be the one with the bushings changed since you are autocrossing. improved handling on your car BY ALOT...you can stick your car into corners without body roll etc.

Originally Posted by VicariousVision
Chris/others who are more knowledgeable about bushings than I am...

I know I need new bushings in several places (particularly my front LCAs since I know they are tearing). Would anyone be willing to look over all of my bushings in general and give me some feedback on which ones to replace and with what?
BRIT breakdown for you really quick.

Spend the penny on SPL compression...like 160.00 for those bushings. For the LCA's just go with Whiteline...50.00 for those. I recommend doing the shock tower bushing just because your LCA is out of the car in the first place. Shock tower runs like 40.00 bucks

Thats all you need on the fronts for bushings. roughly 220.00 for all of them. If you dont want to fork over the SPL then just do energy for $60.00 bucks unless your wanting to track.

Originally Posted by Princedrama
just replace all of them brit!! thats what im going to do...
+1 its easier and saves you money.

If I go with SPL (which I'm not sure yet if I will or not)...you do realize that would cost me a fortune, right? There are so many bushings that could potentially be replaced.
see post above for everything.

Originally Posted by Deemo
Change your LCAs and compression rod bushings up front. Whiteline for LCA and go for spl on the compression rod
agreed with Deemo's response. This is my current setup right now.

+++111

^ What Roy, you don't want people knowing your real name???

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll still probably have Chris or Rob or someone look at the other bushings just to see, but I know some of them are at the end of their useful life. I was hoping to get some sways before doing this as well, but I need to see how much it is gonna cost for the bushings first.

Anyone looking to sell some sways??
you can bring your car by brit and I can go through all of them. Compression you really can never tell if they are out until removed. If you want sways then get some sways...motordyne or hotckis or stillen doesnt really matter since its all personal preference. When you do the sways just get the power grid end links or whiteline. you can run 06 up but its better to knock out with adjustable at the start to save on time.

lol im pretty sure everyone knows my real name..haha

if you lowered your car..which you have then your bushings are SHOT! get sways then bushings..thats what i would do..or get all at the same time.
agreed with this statement as well. OEM bushings are not made to take lowering of the vehicle.

if you go low also change your endlinks brit. The past week i've gotten whiteline front and rear endlinks put on, motordyne front and rear sways, and the compression rod bushing changed. I can tell you it made a hell of a difference. The endlinks and bushings got rid of the weird popping and clunking noise I had, also made my car ride a lot better. The sways, well that was for pure enjoyment. Lol sways make a big difference as far as handling.

If you don't want to fork over $160 for the spl compression rod bushings. .like me. Look into the energy suspension ones, theres a guy selling left over ones brand new for $60 shipped. They're honestly not that bad, good for daily driving.

When you lower your car you put crazy angles on the endlinks which cause them to go out. Your not very low so they may not be too bad..

All this what i've learned from stephen and chris over the past week.
Deemos went very smooth today for compression bushings. (ENERGY SUSPENSION) he already tells a huge difference in handling and driving.

Originally Posted by r1forever80
Brit, u will want to stick with whiteline bushings. Ur not that low and spl solide bushing have more chatter. We all know how ocd u r bout the car.
agree with what Stephen says. Technically only necessary SPL bushing is compression IMO.

In all honesty Deemo you could have just upgraded to 06 oem you would have gotten rid of the noise for 40 bucks.
you could have upgraded but why do that whenever your already there.

Originally Posted by sexyrob
I built a rack for my new track wheels!

nice man!! you trust that staying up there like that next to your perfectly painted car....brave son!

06 endlinks or bushings?

i rather get upgraded ones while i'm at it. Why pay to put just an oem bushing in for $20 more i can get a thicker, heftier bushing.

06 endlink would of probably worn out pretty quick cause of my ride height so that really wouldn't make much sense either roy.

I wasn't looking just to get rid of the noise, i also wanted to achieve better handling and ride quality.
he meant end links.

I'm lower than you ever since I installed the 06 endlinks I haven't had that popping.
you can get away with 06 but over time they will start popping due to stress...why not dial in the suspension perfect with adjustable.

Anyone can text if they feel like it...chat with me on facebook or AIM if you have any other questions then posting in here. This was a very long QUOTE response and if I missed anyone then just text, chat. etc.

The following users liked this post:
VicariousVision (06-19-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
haha dang chris very long response.

Brit, If your not tracking your car and want to save money get the energy. I think the guy still has about 10 sets left.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:05 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
haha dang chris very long response.

Brit, If your not tracking your car and want to save money get the energy. I think the guy still has about 10 sets left.
yes this is good for daily driving brit. yes very long response but wanted to quote everything to ensure we had a full post to read through for everyone. should of quoted everyone one of them though......ALOT MORE POST COUNT!! LOL!

Old 06-19-2011, 02:45 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
I'm w/ Deemo.. Might as well get adjustable end links that were actually MEANT for compensating a lower ride height..

Brit, definitely go whiteline for your LCAs (both strut and inner, Chris provided the link), they're meatier bushings that you'll more than likely never have to replace again once they've been upgraded..

I think w/ the LCA bushings replaced, I definitely noticed more of a steering response (no play in my steering wheel) and it made me appreciate the sways even that much more.. I might be "swayed" to even get the compression bushings now.. (you see what I did there?)

Last edited by twalls; 06-19-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:22 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Battery died this morning.... went and got the Duralast Gold from AutoZone.
The negative terminal's nut got stripped trying to get it off... had it on too tight... eventually it broken off and I was able to replace the battery.... arrggghhh.... 1 hr job turned out to be 4hr job... noobness in full effect.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Damn dude..its like a curse man. Something's always gotta go wrong

Old 06-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Damn that reminds me i need to buy a battery, mine should croak soon

Old 06-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Tony, defenitly get compression bushings. You'll feel a difference

Old 06-19-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35
Damn that reminds me i need to buy a battery, mine should croak soon
I did not get time to research other batteries, but Duralast Gold has a pretty sweet deal... if something goes wrong, they just replace the battery w a new one for the first 3 yrs, and after that, it gets pro-rated for the next 5yrs... i think thats a great deal, you gona get a discount on your next battery fo sho.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:50 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
^I have the same deal w/ my battery from Walmart.. I'm on my 3rd battery this year already from not driving the car enough, and they've replaced the battery w/out question each time..

Tony, defenitly get compression bushings. You'll feel a difference
I've already messaged the guy for shipping..

I felt a HUGE difference w/ the LCAs alone.. I can only imagine how much better the car will feel w/ compression bushings.. I wasn't the first owner of this car, so I never got to feel how it should have felt brand new.. But I can imagine the steering didn't feel as good or responsive as it does now. W/ stiffened coils, upgraded sways and bushings, it's an amazing difference.. The car feels so responsive and solid..

Last edited by twalls; 06-19-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:13 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
For the guys who want adjustable endlinks that would be better for daily driving, check out Powergrid.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
on the first I will be ordering new bushings and a rear camber kit.. So what that means is Chris, I need you to compile a list of Energy bushings that I need to order..

kthx

Old 06-19-2011, 06:38 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by Platelock
on the first I will be ordering new bushings and a rear camber kit.. So what that means is Chris, I need you to compile a list of Energy bushings that I need to order..

kthx

just order the energy compression, Whiteline LCA's and Shock tower...thats it bro.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts
what rear camber kit do you have now blake?

well today...i took my whole dash apart to upgrade my double din to something better!!!

the good thing was i sold my old one to pay for my new one

Old 06-19-2011, 06:52 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
does anyone here have hook-ups on A/V stuff?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: [DFW] What have you done to your G Today?