Project 7 Round-table discussion meet-up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010 | 03:22 PM
Premier Member
Old 10-25-2010 | 03:24 PM
.....!!

Old 10-25-2010 | 03:31 PM
I may be able to go this Sunday, not sure. I have a few test I need to study for.

Old 10-25-2010 | 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by TheDizzle
So are you planning to just rebrand DFW G Club or is this something different and exclusive? Are we now splitting it into 2 groups?

My understanding was that there was a group of guys that have been together for a while now that were in talks to create an automotive group that they could continue with even when the Gs are gone... This was not a group that was being created based on a certain style of show car or brand. This was a group that has continually been there to help out and support each other with cars and other issues. I think this has now become something different from that idea. I just want to understand what this (round table meeting) is since I am noticing half of the group is now being silent on the matter.

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:10 PM
^haha

I'm not trying to step on toes, I am wanting to know EXACTLY what's going on with this before I put a sticker on my car. As you said before, Exclusivity must happen for this to work. I do no want to be associated with a group that I don't know about and with people I can't count on. I guess I will step back with the rest and sit and watch from this point. Maybe I am not wording my thoughts and questions correctly.

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:11 PM
Why would we rebrand DFW G35 Club? If you drive a G and are on this forum and reading this post, you're a member of DFW G35 Club. That will not change.

We (some of us that aren't being silent) want to have a team based on the friendship and brotherhood that we have established.

Who doesn't want any part of this that has been mentioned as being part of the team. (team meaning group of friends that love cars)

VV?
eban?
schild?

I seriously don't know what the problem is. Let's have the criticism.... explain yo'self

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:18 PM
|
this isnt meant to knock anyone out... this is a fully open invitation.

we honestly have NO idea where this is gonna go, if it even does. thats WHY we're meeting up. I was the first one who was skeptical about all this, but it takes discussion to get places.

Are we gonna talk about fees and stuff? probably not just yet, but we need to get the ball rolling on some kind of unified system of going to shows.

THe last thing we want to do is alienate anyone. Just cause you dont show up on sunday doesnt mean you're not involved. we just want to get some discussion about what different people expect from this kinda stuff, and if we dont get anything done, then we dont... there's no harm in meeting up and hanging out anyway.

I repeat, just cause you dont show up on sunday doesnt mean you're not involved in anything. this is a very general meet to get a feel from different perspectives about what people would like to see. how i see it is that we get some ideas down on paper, and post back up here. it's the only way we can get anything going..

as to if it is becoming 2 groups? there's no definitive answer to that cause there's nothing in concrete yet (at least from my point of view) but that doesnt mean anything bad. Ie, if i have a project 7 sticker on the back of my car, that doesnt mean i'm taking off the dfw g35 owners club sticker, and that doesnt mean that's the only "Group" i'm repping. I'm still all for going to meets with the stockest g ever, as long as you're an enthusiast.

i'm done ranting. I just wanna make sure people understand that this sunday "round table" is just merely to get ideas and some thoughts down on paper, and just a cool way of hanging out if you're able to make it. no one is gonna get left in the dark about anything ,and everyone should have a say and opinion.

PS I'm not the leader of this or anything by any means, nor do i have the time to be, but i want to clarify what I kind of foresee. if anyone has any other ideas, please chime in, this is open!

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:20 PM
|
dizzle, i understand what you saying man. i was the exact same way till i started thinking about it a little. as long as this is approached correctly, there should be no alienating and stepping on toes.

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:21 PM
|
btw, have you guys seen what the dang Twin Peaks chicks will be wearing that night? it's halloween night.... holy fVck this is gonna be awesome. haha

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by hound138
Why would we rebrand DFW G35 Club? If you drive a G and are on this forum and reading this post, you're a member of DFW G35 Club. That will not change.

We (some of us that aren't being silent) want to have a team based on the friendship and brotherhood that we have established.

Who doesn't want any part of this that has been mentioned as being part of the team. (team meaning group of friends that love cars)

VV?
eban?
schild?

I seriously don't know what the problem is. Let's have the criticism.... explain yo'self
First im not to crazy about the name it sound like a rip off of 16niss. Second I thoughy this was going to be a lil exclusive im not hating on nobody but more than half of those ppl I have never met n I have gone to every meet, I also thought this was going to be a show team/ any type of car n by the looks of it it sound more like a G thing only theres like 25 g35 on the list, if thats the case ill just rep dfw g club

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:25 PM
^thank you. That makes more sense to me. Like I said, I just wanted tok ow what's going on.

Jon- nothing to explain. I was just confused on how this was being envisioned and what was going on with G Club.

Old 10-25-2010 | 04:31 PM
|
so i guess we're getting a head start on the discussions. schild, these are the talks we aim to have on sunday, we can rant on and on online, part of the reason we're meeting is to see who wants what, and if it's somethign people want to be part of. i'm not sold on it either completely, but i'm willing to make the effort to get together and see what we can do about it.

the reason you dont see other cars on the list if because this hasnt really gone anywhere yet...... no one knows about it and we cant go to other car owners and try to explain to them something that no one knows anything about.

thjis is the feedback people should bring. why is this so difficult? no need to jump to conclusions, we bring all this info together and work out some basic stuff. we should have a btter feel of what the expectation for a team like "Project 7" would be, and then it's up to people to see where it goes and if it's something that they wanna be part of..

who said this wasnt going to be a little exclusive? it has to be, but we need to figure out stuff.

Last edited by ezpotato; 10-25-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2010 | 04:33 PM
|
I will tell you one thing though, i dont wanna be part of a crew that just thinks they're better than others. Car show competition is one thing, but being cocky-azz is another, I've noticed this attitude a lot with different teams, leaving outsiders kinda talking crap, and not out of jealousy, but out of the fact that some of these teams act like total douche -bags.

I am good at pointing out douche baggery (cause i live in dallas and there's lots of it) and i hope people agree.

You just gotta remember, your car started somewhere too, most of us didnt get the car all modded.

Old 10-25-2010 | 05:34 PM

Wow, this has gotten a little off track here.

I posted this picture because this is Project7 to me. These are the people that stood in the rain for hours to help each other accomplish a goal. Heck, some of them didnt even have their cars and still came out to help clean the cars after the rain and to support the group. These are the guys that come out to meets and other non car events on a pretty regular basis. This group helped run RiceKillers for months and helped to build a group in Dallas. With the exception of a very small few, this is who needs to decide what happens. The group started the discussion at XDC. I am all for new members but we need to establish what we are bringing them into first. We are a family here so I expect a little butting of heads but not like this. Not in the open. I refuse to let this group look weak in the eyes of others. Yes, this meeting should happen, but I don't think there should be an open invite for it. Those that know they need to be there can and will make it happen wether it be through PMs or texts and calls. I am not going to let this group fall. This group is why I enjoy my car and my free time as much as I do.

Old 10-25-2010 | 05:35 PM
I agree Diz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project 7 Round-table discussion meet-up