Project 7 Round-table discussion meet-up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010 | 05:38 PM
|
so.. because i travel and couldnt make it to that specific meet, i shouldnt have a say? Safe to say i have a fairly heavily modded car and I make it to more RiceKiller meets and DI Palooza and all the meets that i can while i'm in town. But bc i didnt make it to xdc, i should wait and hoep that i get a text message that "invites" me to this...

well so much for helping to take initiative on this....

awesome.

Old 10-25-2010 | 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by ezpotato
so.. because i travel and couldnt make it to that specific meet, i shouldnt have a say? Safe to say i have a fairly heavily modded car and I make it to more RiceKiller meets and DI Palooza and all the meets that i can while i'm in town. But bc i didnt make it to xdc, i should wait and hoep that i get a text message that "invites" me to this...

well so much for helping to take initiative on this....

awesome.
I stated..

"With the exception of a very small few, this is who needs to decide what happens."

LIke I said, I will not let this group look weak. I appreciate your initiative and I value your input. This is not my group. I am just saying how I feel about the situation. I know if you could have made it, you would have.

Old 10-25-2010 | 05:52 PM
|
ha okay cool. well i get what you mean, maybe the sense of exclusivity needs to be pushed a bit more, and i guess we need someone to be more aggressive about it, and what better person than you schild. ha

now how do we filter this? i guess we leave it at those who show up, show up. the ones we know SHOULD be there that cant be there, we'll keep em in mind.

wait... am i even invited now?

Old 10-25-2010 | 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by sexyrob
or we can do it at my intake test on saturday!
+11

Old 10-25-2010 | 06:09 PM
My idea is we should just stay as DFW G Club.. but we can have a group who represents the G Club in shows.. DFW G Team perhaps.. so everyone is part of the club a.k.a. Forum.. but it takes alot more to make it to the Team.

Old 10-25-2010 | 06:17 PM
|
i dunno i guess everything is up in the air. I'm still gonna go to twin peaks on sunday, so those who want to come drink/eat/*****, feel free to show up. i plan on taking some pics, and it should be nice and cool.

maybe we can just turn this into a small meet, and those that want to start a team, feel free to converse. i'm indifferent about it all.

i'm still gonna go to meets and show my car, regardless of whose sticker i have slapped on my car or not and regardless of how many g's are surrounding me. (I'd prefer clean cars around me though)

Old 10-25-2010 | 06:23 PM
^^ lol.. i agree

Old 10-25-2010 | 06:28 PM
I'm going to be at the Fire Station all weekend so I will miss the dyno and the twin peaks meet.

Old 10-25-2010 | 06:49 PM
|
unless we start a fire at the twin peaks "meet".......

Old 10-25-2010 | 06:50 PM
Alright, well since Jon called me out I guess I will throw my three cents in.

First off, I love the enthusiasm. I love that everyone is excited about this and I am proud that there are so many people who want to see something come out of this.

That being said, it's a lot of forum/online talk. I'm going to be completely honest here (as most of the guys who have been around know that I tend to be). Please note that I am NOT directing any of this at any one person in particular. I have seen a lot of names in here that I either flat-out don't know or names that I see in passing every few months at best. To say that you want to represent a team doesn't make sense to me. As Dizzle and Hound pointed out, there is definitely a core set of people who consistently showed up week after week to the RiceKiller events to help run it, groups of people who came over to Jake's house just to watch or be a part of an install, and people who are simply very active in the community (either the G community or the import community in general). I'm not trying to sound elitest or play the seniority card here, but those are the people in my mind who should be heading something like this up.

You know if you are one of the people who has put work in to gather people for events, get the word out to the community about a show, or if you have made significant contributions back to the G family. If you are not one of those people, THAT'S OK. Everyone has different circumstances and priorities. Be that as it may, I personally don't want to see a team run by a person (or people) who have not made a previous commitment. It would be hard to convince me that you will suddenly be more active after having been very inactive in the past.

The bottom line is that a TEAM is only as strong as its members. As cliche as that sounds it's the truth. Put another way - what if StrictlyG's/[insert other G team here] said that they would be coming to a show. People would have a certain expectation of what to see. If only one team member shows up because the others were too busy or it wasn't convenient then people would likely stop caring about their team and they would lose notoriety. What's the point then? If you have an inconsistent group that is poorly put together without a solid base then it will never succeed. Period.

Hopefully this gets some discussion going. After giving it some more thought, I would be happy to attend the meeting (if and when a concrete location and time gets established) to at least continue this dialogue and make sure that all angles are explored.

Ultimately, I want to know...why do you want to be a part of a team (be it Project7, 16Niss, whatever)? What are your expectations? If you are jumping on this for the sticker and nothing else then I would tell you that this team is not for you.

Old 10-25-2010 | 07:07 PM
|
well ****, that shoulda been the first post ^^^ hahaha

well i think the location and time is set in concrete. i'm still gonna be there like i said at twin peaks. if that works for people, thats what we should do.

unless someone wants to make a change. (or doesnt think i have the right to make the call! haha)

Old 10-25-2010 | 07:11 PM
i will most likely show up.. id like to see who else does.. especially if any of the lesser known members go.. jus dippin a toe in the pool of wats to come with this "project" lol

Old 10-25-2010 | 07:25 PM
all I want to know is who is going to be dressed up in their halloween costume for this meet?

I have a football game late sunday afternoon but will make it to the meet......

Old 10-25-2010 | 07:34 PM
|
i'll be wearing my hooters outfit at twin peaks. i look good in it....

Old 10-25-2010 | 07:45 PM
heh a lot of talk going on, this meeting should be interesting...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project 7 Round-table discussion meet-up