Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Should I move to Dallas?

Greetings ladies and gentlemen

Where do I start?
I'm considering moving to Dallas in 6 months.
From Florida - Ft. Lauderdale to be more specific.
Graduated a bunch and am in my final leg of school in Birmingham, AL --> 168 days to go...

When I moved to B-ham, the first thing I did was contact the local G/Z group - and here I am again contacting the DFW peeps.

Where would you live in Dallas? Which side is the good side, the bad side, the uppety, the ghetto, and the place where people are most down to earth?

I am sure I will have lots of questions in the coming weeks, so I am starting with this thread hehe.

I should be visiting during one of the first two weekends in February.

Thanks for entertaining my thoughts and questions!

Adrian

Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
we have the best and most active group on the forums, come here.

anywhere but oak cliff...

move to Addison with the rest of us

Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sexyrob
we have the best and most active group on the forums, come here.

anywhere but oak cliff...

move to Addison with the rest of us
Rob, Imma jack ur G and leave it in Oak Cliff just for sayin dat....lol

Adrian, you probably won't get a good welcome from the Zforum (refer to plenty of dbags on prior threads..lol)

Addison, Frisco, Southlake, Westlake, Uptown (Dallas)-can be kinda douchy/uppety...it all depends where you end up working also...commutes here in DFW can be a biiich if you drive across town....welcome to the DF Dub....I'm sure we could do a minimeet if you happen to roll down here.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts
My first question would be what kind of work are you looking for. Then determine a good area. Near Addison is a good central location if you're not sure

Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
yeah north dallas is good. but it does depend on your $$ situation. cause even grapevine and southlake are good areas.. but if you wanna be close to a nightlife, addison or uptown is best.

dallas is an uppity city, lots of $30k millionaires here, but theres a lotta good people. prepare to drive EVERYWHERE!

But the G community is pretty tight here, and we;re working on making it tighter.

Just as a follow up to some of the opinions up top, avoid Mesquite, Garland, Forney, Irving, arlington, etc.

Not to say those cities dont have realy nice parts, but overall, the place to be would be Plano, Frisco, Mckinney, Grapevine, Las Colinas, Southlake, etc.

Also, how much into the suburbs do you want to live? Cause that's mostly what we have.

that's my opinion.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
North Dallas is where most of us are. I live in Frisco.

And I recently moved here from Florida myself last summer. Specifically from Tampa.

We have a great group of guys here so you will deff feel welcome.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Thnx for making this thread! I'm trying to get a transfer to Dallas so I can start my life. I'd like to live somewhere warm and affordable. I've done my research and I love the architecture and prices of Dallas homes. I pay more in rent in the DC metro area than I would on a mortgage in Dallas. My mother grew up in the Farmers Branch - Carrollton area and says it was safe then, but everything was safe back then. I'd also like some suggestions on the best Dallas suburbs to live in, preferably close to DFW (where I would be working).

Old 01-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Carrollton and Farmers Branch have some nice spots, more in Carrollton, but it has changed. What high school did your mom go to? I know many older folks that grew up in the area and seemed to know everyone.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I guess she moved to Indiana (where I'm from) when she was 12 (1964) but she went to Farmers Branch Elem and Vivian Field Jr high. We used to vacation there when I was a little kid, visiting family and Six Flags. (great childhood memories!)

Old 01-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Best area would be north Carrollton.. in regards to those two specific cities...

Old 01-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Not to thread jack, but I'd like a newer home in the 200-250 price range, in the suburbs and within about 30 mins from the airport. Suggestions?

Old 01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
North Carrollton, definitely Frisco. Some sections of Dallas near Addison, etc..

I have a really good real estate agent that's also a car guy if you want. He's helped me and many other DFW Nissan owners.

His name is Gabe, his number is 214.364.5440. Tell him Chris aka BlueBOB sent you. He will definitely take care of you. He's on many forums as LatinMax. I'm pretty sure he's got a handle on here from a thread long ago if you want to try to send him a PM .

And... if you ever have any questions or problems, you can tell him off hahahahaha

Old 01-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey thnx for the info! Greatly appreciated. Now if I could only get that swap and get the ball rollin!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Irving (aka Las Colians by the mustangs) was the far the best city I lived in but it was pretty costly. Like most people said it all depends on where you are going to work. Heck I live out in Crowley now because I built a 5 bed room 2 story house for like 200k and have to drive all the way to Las Colinas (mon-fri) for work.

Suburbs have cheaper rent and better housing. City housing is gonna be a little more expensive compared to the suburb life.

Once you get more info on where your gonna work/school or something post up and I'm sure most everyone can help you out/

Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Lewisville, Denton would be suburbs you can find houses for that much. my parents new house is sooo sweet and it was 210k in Denton, about 20-25 mins from the airport.

Denton is a college town, but it has lots of cheap bars and restaurants. I would prefer Frisco/Allen/Mckinney area though if you want a little bit older crowd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I move to Dallas?