Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My car runs 13.20's easy....with DA's close to 3k feet. The top of the NA 03-06 list is a South Florida car. Just sayin'. Don't like it.....drive to Sac speedway. Long drive, but deal with it.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks anyways.. I couldn't even think about going to Sacramento to race.. Moroso is the closest for me.
Who is the top 03-06 NA G from South Florida you are referring to.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
My car runs 13.20's easy....with DA's close to 3k feet. The top of the NA 03-06 list is a South Florida car. Just sayin'. Don't like it.....drive to Sac speedway. Long drive, but deal with it.
the tracks in MD are 100'-500' above sea level - when and where did you run 13.2 at 3K DA?

And south FL is low altitude too (all of FL is) - so what's your point for mentioning FL??

My point was/is - posting non DA ETs is meaningless - it makes as much sense as posing dyno numbers from different dynos... that's probably the reason the thread has lost steam, deal with it.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:09 PM
In Cali you have elevation at most tracks, but no humidity, mild temps, and relatively high baro. South Florida (all of florida) is typically the opposite. Net results is very similar DA's. I have run in several places at 2500-3000' DA and 13.20's is fairly typical. It is fairly common from May-late Sept to have temps in the mid 80's-100 with exceptionally high humidity, and low baro pressure. The track I frequent most is ~650' above sea level (Mason Dixon). I have no reason to lie.....nor do I care what others think. Simply stating that others have dealt with terrain/climate difficulties and still made the list.

CarlosM, Sac speedway is in California. It's a very, very fast track. The top 03-06 I was referring to is a 350z. He's been banned from just about every platform forum he registered for.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Sacramento raceway is also prone to high temperatures in the summer exceeding well over 100-110 degrees. Humidity is really not a concern though. Sac is best in the winter/spring if it doesn't rain. The head wind is also a concern.

I don't know if I'm seeing it wrong, but I've also seen good times come out of Cecil.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Definitely have....I run within .1 at all the local tracks though. Others have had better luck there. The primary reason for the good times at Cecil is they are the last track to close in the region (early Dec)......which equals cold air/low DA's.

I brought up Sac Speedway just for comparative purposes.....and that there are fast tracks in California....you just have to drive a long while for SoCal people.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 10-11-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 AM
In Cali you have elevation at most tracks, but no humidity, mild temps, and relatively high baro. South Florida (all of florida) is typically the opposite. Net results is very similar DA's. I have run in several places at 2500-3000' DA and 13.20's is fairly typical. It is fairly common from May-late Sept to have temps in the mid 80's-100 with exceptionally high humidity, and low baro pressure. The track I frequent most is ~650' above sea level (Mason Dixon). I have no reason to lie.....nor do I care what others think. Simply stating that others have dealt with terrain/climate difficulties and still made the list.

CarlosM, Sac speedway is in California. It's a very, very fast track. The top 03-06 I was referring to is a 350z. He's been banned from just about every platform forum he registered for.
not sure why you are so concerned about forum racing if you "dont care what others think"...

As for CA mild temps and low humidity - we are lucky to get one low temp day without rain... otherwise its not uncommon to be pushing 100... Fontana is the only 1/4 mile track in So Cal and there are very, very rarely decent track days there...

My point is still that different tracks are like different dynos - it is absolutely pointless to compare them.

But by all means, carry on forum racer... zoom, zoom...

Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Definitely have....I run within .1 at all the local tracks though. Others have had better luck there. The primary reason for the good times at Cecil is they are the last track to close in the region (early Dec)......which equals cold air/low DA's.

I brought up Sac Speedway just for comparative purposes.....and that there are fast tracks in California....you just have to drive a long while for SoCal people.
Sac from So Cal would be like you driving to Canada...

Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 AM
How exactly am I "forum racing"? You asked a question (as well as others), and I answered. I see you posting in these drag related threads all the time with.........advice, but can't recall ever actual seeing a time or vid of you practicing what your preach. Frankly, it seems as you are the forum racing extraordinaire. This is going no where though, and is a subject that has been beaten to death. I have no contention or ill feelings towards this list being a DA corrected list. I was just simply stating that the other site doesn't.....and since it is my call in that regard.....it won't be. That is all.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
How exactly am I "forum racing"? You asked a question (as well as others), and I answered. I see you posting in these drag related threads all the time with.........advice, but can't recall ever actual seeing a time or vid of you practicing what your preach. Frankly, it seems as you are the forum racing extraordinaire. This is going no where though, and is a subject that has been beaten to death. I have no contention or ill feelings towards this list being a DA corrected list. I was just simply stating that the other site doesn't.....and since it is my call in that regard.....it won't be. That is all.
1) I didn't ask any question - and trust me, it is not likely you would be able to answer any question I might have.

2) you dont see me posting advice in drag related threads all the time - in fact, I hardly post at all anymore - and when I do it's not advice in drag related threads

As for times and vids - back before the yahoos started clamoring, I would occasionally post vids and time slips - if you are that interested look around (pretty far back), they are around.

How are you not a forum racer? Everything you've posted in here is about top ten lists... which as I've stated means nothing (different tracks is like different dynos) - but it's your passion, to post on a forum your ET, whoo, hoo... forum racer.

There are no less than a dozen people on this forum that knows my car in person (either raced against me, or have seen me race, or have driven the car)... dsskyline is in your neck of the woods, he's been on the same track out here with ST, he runs as fast (or faster) in MD NA than he did in Fontana boosted... he has also driven my car - so hit him up about the concepts I am referencing...

I didnt bring any of the my car is faster than your car crap - that was implied by you... I simply stated that posting ET without DA is pointless... a slow car can run faster in low altitude, low temps than one at high altitude high temps - so what does posting an ET tell anyone?

BTW, you never did say when and where you run 13.2 with 3K DA (or did I miss it?)

Last edited by OCG35; 10-11-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Derek knows me well enough. Pretty much every day I was at the track last Sept the DA was no lower than 2000' and as high as 3000'. I know for sure Ajcool2 was in attendance on some of the days and can verify that I was in the 13.20's even at those DA's. None of my slips have complete weather observations or I'd be happy to post them.

I have a terrible habit in this modern age of thin skin to say what I mean...........which gets me in trouble from time to time, but g' damn you come off as a pompous clown. Take a weekend...drive to sac in Nov/Dec.....run your car and post up.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 10-11-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Derek knows me well enough. Pretty much every day I was at the track last Sept the DA was no lower than 2000' and as high as 3000'. I know for sure Ajcool2 was in attendance on some of the days and can verify that I was in the 13.20's even at those DA's. None of my slips have complete weather observations or I'd be happy to post them.

I have a terrible habit in this modern age of thin skin to say what I mean...........which gets me in trouble from time to time, but g' damn you come off as a pompous clown. Take a weekend...drive to sac in Nov/Dec.....run your car and post up.
pot callin' the kettle black.

As for DA - all it takes is location and date (which I've asked for 2 or 3 times)... I dont need your time slips for DA.

As far as driving to Sac to post up ET here - what part of my posts have given you the impression that I'm interested in forum racing? I've made my point pretty clear... it's not hard to understand is it?

Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I have a 13.27 from Mason Dixon Dragway on Oct 9 2009 at 9:30pm (can't say for certain that was the correct time....as it I seem to remember it being off). Can't remember if AJ or Derek were there for that, but I do remember that user C5vette was there.

From their website....."Track Elevation is 550 feet above sea level and was built in 1959."

Closest weather station:
http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...ay=9&year=2009

DA was ~2500. I'll check the stack of slips from last year when I get home for other dates, but I remember that one because of a post I created on the other site.

I picked that station because it was the closest, but some others close by had the temp warmer with more humidity. I remarked in the above thread that it was warmer, but I'll stick to that one for now.

I don't dispute the impact higher density altitude makes, but I do dispute the difference that some claim.

Enough of this quibbling though, and back on the topic of GETTING THIS THREAD UPDATED. A mod should take 10 minutes and update it for the users. It is time for Derek to take the bolt-on throne he has earned....

Edit...I am still not certain as to how going to the track and posting up slips is forum racing.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
^^^ I'm not going to keep reiterating why it's forum racing - if you havent understood it by not, you simply wont.

As for DA on the date/local you mentioned, it was closer to 2100-2200 (not 3K)... but running 13.2 with 2150DA is uncommonly low... is 13.2 the corrected time? If 13.2 is the actual ET, the correction is sub 13 (12.8-12.9)... for moderately modded NA that's unheard of... but if the numbers you gave are true, kudos to you (would love to see the time slips).

Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Have to wait until I get back.....I have a whole stack of 'em. The day when Derek and others ran their PB's... I only slightly broke out from my PB. They were having a great day off the line, but I couldn't keep the tires under me. I just ran the DA at 2494, but perhaps we are using a different site for calculation?

Like AJ...my car generally pulled consistent mid-high 1.8's, and the 13.02 was on a pathetic 1.97.

I just saw that you ran at Famosa? That track doesn't have much elevation does it......maybe 600-800'? Air should be very dry there as well.

What is your best time there?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )