Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

G35 vs Charger R/T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Not entirely related to this discussion - on that same night I saw a snowmobile run mid 10's@125mph.
They run those on our track also (on the pavement, for those of you wondering) and they go like STINK! Think about it, well over 100hp, probably only 400 pounds plus rider, a wide rubber track for traction = drag race monster. I've heard of purpose-built sleds running high eights.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paniller
The charger can be a little faster, probably high 13's, low 14's with a average driver. G35's are low 14's with a good driver, mid 14's with an average one. Probably a driver's race overall, though the R/T will dominate if modded, obviously. It has a lot more potential with such a large engine.

Our powerband makes our cars seem faster than they are. the thrashy power spike makes them seem nasty. But, the power is lacking at lower rpms. On cars with more torque, the powerband is nearly flat, so you won't notice the power climbing as much.

When I first got my G, I swore it was as fast as my Grand Prix. It just threw me back when it reached the powerband. However, when lined up against my old car, it would be a few cars back before it ever reached that powerband. My mid/low 14's G felt as fast as my mid 12's grand prix. After owning both for a while and getting used to the G's powerband, I realized it couldn't compete.

So, in conclusion, more goes into our perception of speed, than speed itself. While you'll probably out launch an R/T on the street where he can't get traction for his torque, they're by no means slow. It's a driver's race.
This is totally False, my G destroyed the R/t. It wasnt even close, I was the one with traction issues the first race not the R/t. And the R/t has headers, full catback exhaust, intake, and a tune

Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trxjwb
This is totally False, my G destroyed the R/t. It wasnt even close, I was the one with traction issues the first race not the R/t. And the R/t has headers, full catback exhaust, intake, and a tune
Timeslips?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by trxjwb
what do you have done?

Old 09-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Shakuya88
what do you have done?
1/2 inch md spacer, mrev, ztube and K&N, and technosquare tune, stock exhaust, and the car is a 05 6mt sedan

Old 09-01-2008, 05:14 PM
My friend had a charger RT with intake and exhaust, I have intake, exhaust, kinetix V+, and shortshifter. It was close when i had a car ful of people he pulled slightly. but once my friends were out i took him very esily. we did both highway pulls and quarter mile runs, i was doin 14 flats and he was runnin like 14.6.14.8s