Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

05 G35C vs another new 05 or 06 mustang GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:30 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ You only need a napkin? Man, I need a whole roll of paper towels.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must be getting to much vibration under your seat realgone.You should probaly get that looked at.To each is own I guess both cars are priced about the same.If a Mustang owner wanted a G35 he/she would have bought one.And Vise versa.So I guess I can respect your feelings towards your cars as you like to say "Like sex"Mustang owners feel the same about there cars.So if you don't mine me asking how long did it take to find tour G35 Spot?

Old 07-11-2006, 05:37 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess if anyone loves their car enough, they'll do the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TD1...ury%20mistress

Old 07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by AMZNBLUE
You must be getting to much vibration under your seat realgone.You should probaly get that looked at.To each is own I guess both cars are priced about the same.If a Mustang owner wanted a G35 he/she would have bought one.And Vise versa.So I guess I can respect your feelings towards your cars as you like to say "Like sex"Mustang owners feel the same about there cars.So if you don't mine me asking how long did it take to find tour G35 Spot?
++++++++1.

That's one of the most level-headed posts in this thread. I'm generally a *car* enthusiast. I can find the brighter side of most cars. Too many people have a superiority complex in regards to whatever they are current driving.

I never cared for the mustang, until this past year. I've grown to respect the cheap power, and the even cheaper aftermarket(don't take the cheap power comment negatively). If I were to build a project car for drag racing, it would come down to the mustang platform or the ls1/fbody platform.

I've got a local friend that owns a WS6 that is putting down about 410rwhp, NA. And he's on stock cams and heads. That's sick.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by AMZNBLUE
Not long. If one look at a G35 does not turn you on, well, there must be something wrong.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by headturningv8
i forgot , im on a G35 forum talking shyt about a G35 , what was i thinking... those numbers i pulled are accurate , im not talking about the new saleen mustang at all u didnt specify , jacka$$

.....dont say i ran XX.X becuz unless u photocopy ur timeslip , ur full of shyt , sedan G35 are tanks! no way u ran that.post a cideo or slip and ill believe u , no problem. I 've never been to the track as of yet , to answer ur question, im not claiming 13's but netheir are ANY OF U STOCK - LIGHTLY MODDED G35 OWNERS! , ur lying to urselves , im telling you , n e 1 in S.FLORIDA that has a stock to lightly modded G35 , step up to the plate , ill post the video that day and u can all sit and stare ,

G35 s are faster than my car ,ay? i blow the doors off of cobalt ss/sc and i just wanted to show u a clear picture of ur cars capablities against this econobox 4cylnder p.o.s. NIGHT NIGHT u cant fuhk up fro a roll LOLOLOLOLOL

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...20CB75D7C1.htm

and seriously , i implore u , go say some of these thing on mustangforums.com i really want u to feel as stupid as u really are
WTF.....funny how post a video of some fat redneck taking off on a G35....looks like the G35 wasnt even racing just cruising on the freeway when some fat redneck decides to do a ricer take off/fly by on em...LAAAAAAAAAME

and too bad I dont have a scanner to post up 12 of my high 13 sec time slips, BTW my mods include: k&n drop in and resonated test pipes.

Last edited by ratedxmarcel; 07-12-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ratedxmarcel
WTF.....funny how post a video of some fat redneck taking off on a G35....looks like the G35 wasnt even racing just cruising on the freeway when some fat redneck decides to do a ricer take off/fly by on em...LAAAAAAAAAME

and too bad I dont have a scanner to post up 12 of my high 13 sec time slips, BTW my mods include: k&n drop in and resonated test pipes.
LOL thats funny. The G wasn't even racing or looking over, etc.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ratedxmarcel
The poor kid didnt know how to shift in the cobalt.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
The poor kid didnt know how to shift in the cobalt.
Too funny! Buy Buy G35, too much.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Wow this is a long argument. I agree that people need to stop saying one car is faster than the other, too many variables to consider. Each set of people like their particular cars, this is true. Lets leave it at that. I LOVE the way the G35 looks and sounds, some people feel exactly the same way about mustangs.... doesnt mean I hate them or think they are crazy. Heck I know of a few people that have gone from mustang to G35 (and I'm sure there's someone that has gone the other route). Doesnt mean anything except that their preferences have changed. I like aspects of both cars I just chose the G35 because of the sex factor that realgone speaks so highly of... that was my perogative and I could care less if I won or lost a race against any stang.

Original poster was telling a story of beating a mustang. He may have been a little arrogant about it but I dont think he once says " ALL G35's are fastter than Mustangs" Like many have said it comes down to a lot of things... drivers, mods.

Last edited by Dakkerz; 07-13-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Dude, I don't know what you're smoking but I've had *real world* experiences against the GT at a *real-live drag* strip. The only one I've raced head to head I lost to, because of a ****ty reaction time, but I out-trapped him by 3mph and my et was better by 4 tenths. I don't know his mods, but he at least had an exhaust.

And to make it worse, my wife ran a 2003 5 speed GT a few months ago in her *automatic sedan*. She had a better light, better launch, better 1/8th ET, and better 1/4 ET. She crossed the line nearly a half-second before the mustang did. He did out-trap her by right at 1mph though. After the run, the guy came over to the wife's car and asked what she had done. At the time, she only had a plenum spacer. When he saw it was an automatic, he turned sheet-white and nearly cried. He then asked to ride with her for a run.

Now let me ask you a question: when you've raced g's, have you ever done it at a drag strip with real lights and timeslips? What's your ET? What do you trap?

If you're gonna have the ***** to come in here talking smack, bring some proof. I visit other forums all the time, but I don't ever talk ****...

WORD!!! I had a POS BMW TI that took me out...Even tho i wasn't racing but he took 2 cars lengths and had bragging right with himself that he took me out...I'm pretty sure he though he could...I had out 600 miles on my ride at the time so the break in period was not over...That idiot was lucky. I let him go...

Old 07-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakkerz
Original poster was telling a story of beating a mustang. He may have been a little arrogant about it but I dont think he once says " ALL G35's are fastter than Mustangs" Like many have said it comes down to a lot of things... drivers, mods.
"A little arrogant" fails to touch on the idiocy and endangerment surrounding his sophmoric behavior.

You give a punk a 13-second car and he thinks he's supertool.

Poor, slow Marcel.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Man, so little respect from both sides of the fence. They're just cars, ladies. They don't make you dick bigger and they don't make you a better person. I have respect for just about any decently quick car on the market and I respect anyone that knows what the hell they're talking about when it comes to cars and modding them. I'll also say that I do have lots of respect for the Mustang of nearly every generation except for the Mustang II I've modded and driven many 5.0s and Mod motors in my day. Hell, I would absolutely love to have a 5.0 notchback or 03/04 Cobra as a fun car because IMO, nothing is more fun than instant power neck snapping power or that exhaust sound that Ford seems to do so well on the 5.0/Mod motors.

Mustangs are very capable cars and you can make them handle incredibly well. A friend of mine has a 90 LX notch with a bolt-on 5.0 and a ton suspension work. It's amazing how well that live axle car handles with the right equipment. Granted my G on Z springs/Sport struts could most likely pull the same handling numbers as his highly modded 5.0 by simply bolting up a set of 8" auto-X slicks like he runs. He understands that. My car is very enjoyable to drive on a daily basis and it does most everything well. His 5.0 on the otherhand is a frantic beast, handles and stops like nothing I've felt, and pulls lower 13s. It's a blast, but it's also full of compromise (rough ride, loud, rattles). Regardless, I love his car.

As for reliability, I hate to break the news fellow G owners, but the SN95+ Mustang got the nod as the most reliable car on the road according to Wards. Ford actually got the right, reliability wise, with this car which is something I can't say for the rest of their line up.

As for the 05 Stang, I love the look and the performance. The front 3/4's of the car looks great, but the rear 1/4 panels and tail are lacking. That can be fixed by removing the retarded tacked on wing and adding some black out treatment between the taillights. I have rented a few 05 V6s and I must say the car was a bit of a let down. The leather is bad, I mean it feels and looks like vinyl. The seats aren't very supportive, the interior room seems worse than my friend's New Edge Stangs, and the interior is deafening with road noise. The plastic is hard and looks really cheap. However the car is put together well and handles good, even on the base 16" wheels and non-GT suspension. But, for me, there's no way even a V8 and better brakes/suspension could wow me over into owning one as my daily driver. I guess I've just gotten to accustomed to creature comforts and better build quality. Years ago I had a modded 94 Z28 and I loved that thing, but now when I sit an F-body, I'm amazed that I actually was able to deal with the shoddy interior for 3 years

Finally, this is for the Mustang crowd, why does it seem like every 05+ Mustang GT owners sprouts off that thier GT runs upper 12s with just an intake, ECU tune, and set of mufflers. It's as if ALL 05+ GTs run upper 12s with these 3 mods just because MM&FF magazine was able to obtain upper 12s with the same mods with one sick driver, Mr. Evan Smith, behind the wheel. Please fellas, don't BS me like this. I know better. Yes, there are a select few of 05+ GTs that have run 12s with those mods, but they are RARE, just abotu as rare as bonestock 12-second LS1 F-Bodies and 13-second bonestock G35s. I know damn well that most lightly modded GTs like this are 13.3-13.7 cars in most hands and on most tracks. Some of us G owners aren't G35/import fanboys and actually know something about cars other than the G35.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RXM
Looks like turnheadandcough started a thread about this over in the mustang forums. http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1622495/tm.htm

Thanks for the laugh. Trolls like him provide some amusement for while.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
"A little arrogant" fails to touch on the idiocy and endangerment surrounding his sophmoric behavior.

You give a punk a 13-second car and he thinks he's supertool.

Poor, slow Marcel.
you have no idea PUNK, like I said before the G35 is probably the 2nd slowest car I have owned in my life....and the reason why I post these kills is because its funny how Im taking out all these cars with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 G35C vs another new 05 or 06 mustang GT