Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Hard Shift Is it Normal 5 A/T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
my reference was to reflashing not accessing...
It is possible that the dealership just reset his TCM and he may have thought they reflashed it. But in the context of this thread, and my post, the reset is what matters. My point was that the retarded learning software may have adapted to a granny and that one potential option is to reset it. It should adapt to his style. Is that not a good suggestion?

The problem (as I see it) is that there are a lot of people on here who love to call other people out for things that don't matter. Almost reminds me of work! If alternative A is a good suggestion, who cares if Alternative B isn't viable.

Last edited by aero; 11-14-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Letter from Technosquare themselves:

There are a lot of difference on 03 and 05 ECU.
If you are talking about Rev-up motor on the newer models, it has a lot

of refinements in many parts.
For that reason, there are some difference in Fuel/Ignition maps, but
this maps won't work on 03 motor.

There is a part in the program, that specifies how the throttle works,
but are you talking about torque control at shifting?

We are not planing on working on the TCM.
Our primary purpose of tuning is for Road Racing applications, and also

touching TCM program is very risky from safety stand point.

Sales
Technosquare, Inc.
This implies they won't get into it. Not that they necessarily cannot.

And I believe I said there was an aftermarket player that CAN do this.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Letter from Technosquare themselves:

This implies they won't get into it. Not that they necessarily cannot.

And I believe I said there was an aftermarket player that CAN do this.
I guess your post (quoted below) meant TCU or TCM upgrades for life not ECU?... I wasn’t sure what the post meant really because you referenced ECU a couple of times…

Don't know about the newer autos but the older autos have had 1 or 3 diff TSB regarding shifting. Mostly slow shifting. To fix the problem, the dealer uploads a diff shift program. ie.. reflash.

Aftermarket companies IMHO can reflash. I don't think accessing the auto ecu is all that diff than the engine ecu. It's that the aftermarket companies don't see a market for this type of service. But I did find a company that says they can do aftermarket ecu upgrades but for the life of me, I can't find it. It was $700 or so though.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Red Card Crew

The tranny's ecu is called TCM or whatever. Since the tranny's ecu is the only thing being discussed in this thread........................ in addition to mentioning aftermarket tranny ecu modifers..............

I apologize for the confusion. I'll try to take my future posts to blunt factor 5 or above.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
The tranny's ecu is called TCM or whatever. Since the tranny's ecu is the only thing being discussed in this thread........................ in addition to mentioning aftermarket tranny ecu modifers..............

I apologize for the confusion. I'll try to take my future posts to blunt factor 5 or above.
TCU = Transmission Control Unit... TCM = Transmission Control Module... ECU = Engine Control Unit... ECM = Engine Control Module...

There is no Tranny ECU. That's why I wasn’t sure if you meant lifetime ECU/ECM updates (like Osiris) - or lifetime TCU/TCM updates/upgrades which I've never heard of.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Red Card Crew

Old 11-14-2007, 05:52 PM
what is the relevance of that link?... are you referencing lifetime TCU/TCM updates?... or are you trying to say a TCU/TCM is the same as an ECU/ECM?... let’s stay on topic here…

Old 11-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Red Card Crew

what is the relevance of that link?... are you referencing lifetime TCU/TCM updates?... or are you trying to say a TCU/TCM is the same as an ECU/ECM?... let’s stay on topic here…
To this:
The post above must be what you were referencing… I don’t know how much credence to give that… MANY people have wanted to reflash the TCM and not even TechnoSquare has been able to get into it… I highly doubt a dealer can do something that TS (or any other after market) can’t do.
1) I posted the email indicating (but not necessarily proving) that TS CAN do it. (In reference to your comment abut TS not being ABLE to do it)

2) Link illustrates that TCM/TCU flashes ARE possible and is part of Infinti's TSB program.

3) I made no reference to ecu = tcm. Reference to the tranny's Electronic Control Unit is in fact very on topic. Who cares if my semetics were wrong? Does it continue to confuse you so?

4) I also made another reference about an aftermarket maker being able to alter the TCM/TCU. So again, I'm not too sure what other electronic control unit I could be referencing. Blunt factor 6 capt.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 11-14-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM
To this:

1) I posted the email indicating (but not necessarily proving) that TS CAN do it. (In reference to your comment abut TS not being ABLE to do it)

2) Link illustrates that TCM/TCU flashes ARE possible and is part of Infinti's TSB program.

3) I made no reference to ecu = tcm. Reference to the tranny's Electronic Control Unit is in fact very on topic. Who cares if my semetics were wrong? Does it continue to confuse you so?

4) I also made another reference about an aftermarket maker being able to alter the TCM/TCU. So again, I'm not too sure what other electronic control unit I could be referencing. Blunt factor 6 capt.
as usual - you have taken thread off topic and have not offered anything of substance to the OPs question or anyone else’s input... I expect nothing less of you though. nice job.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Red Card Crew

as usual - you have taken thread off topic and have not offered anything of substance to the OPs question or anyone else’s input... I expect nothing less of you though. nice job.
What? Are you drunk?? Seriously. Goddamn, what an azz

Exactly and in DETAIL, how is my posts in anyway even close to being OT?

You SAID TCM reflashes are NOT possible

I've given you not one but TWO concrete pieces of HARD as stone references that they are not only possible but are ALREADY part of Infiniti's TSB program.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
What? Are you drunk?? Seriously. Goddamn, what an azz

Exactly and in DETAIL, how is my posts in anyway even close to being OT?

You SAID TCM reflashes are NOT possible

I've given you not one but TWO concrete pieces of HARD as stone references that they are not only possible but are ALREADY part of Infiniti's TSB program.
it's already been determined that what is commonly referred to as a "reflash" is not what the dealer does for TSB. You could not walk into the dealer and say, hey will you reflash my TCU.

More importantly - what did you provide that addresses the OPs issue? Or any of the subsequent reported similar issues?...

BTW - aren't you the guy that usually gets on his high horse about name calling and ranting?...

Old 11-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Red Card Crew

Exactly how are the latest TCU updates uploaded???

More importantly at what point did you explain the difference inbetween what exactly the dealer does to upload changes to the ecu/TCU vs what others do to accomplish the same?

I didn't have to address the OP's original question because I was addressing your specific statement which you claimed I did not.

BTW. Aren't you the one that writes War and Peace vs providing a simple dyno graph?

it's already been determined that what is commonly referred to as a "reflash" is not what the dealer does for TSB. You could not walk into the dealer and say, hey will you reflash my TCU.

More importantly - what did you provide that addresses the OPs issue? Or any of the subsequent reported similar issues?...

Last edited by Jeff92se; 11-14-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 PM
blah blah blah... are you done?...

Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Guys, address the original subject, and don't turn this into a pissing match. Again.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Red Card Crew

No.

Since it's your contention that the procedure that the dealer uses to upload new info onto the ecu/tcu is someone completely different than what is "commonly" known as a reflash, then please elaborate on the differences.

You flat out implied they are two completely different things. So since you know they are different, then you know how to explain in detail the differences inbetween the two.

Please proceed. We are all waiting to know.

blah blah blah... are you done?...

Last edited by Jeff92se; 11-14-2007 at 06:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hard Shift Is it Normal 5 A/T