Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Warranty Work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Work

Anyone ever have any issues with infiniti giving them problems with warranty work? My G was modded (list in signature) but I've taken everything off because I dont want to chance infiniti voiding the warranty. The only performance part I havent changed back to stock is the reflash but I've talked with AAM and was told the dealer wont find it unless they go looking for it with several tests but they dont know of any dealers ever finding a reflash (I believe them too because they would be making money if I flashed it back to stock.) Anyone have the problems that I am? The G really doesn't move. In reverse it even creeps forward a bit since its parked on a very slight incline and in drive it will be like 4k rpm before it starts moving. I assume the tranny is done or at least a solenoid or something in it. Any other ideas what i might be?

Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Dealership vs A few mods....?

Dealerships shouldn't void your warranty just because of the few mods you have listed. It must have been a PIA to remove all those mods just to take your car to the dealership. Question, why did you take your car in? Unless they can prove your mods made whatever repair you're concerned about the dealership shouldn't void the warranty....with the focus on shouldn't!
Gary

Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It only took about 7 hours to get everything back to stock, which yea is kinda a pain in the a**. I still havent even taken it in yet. The only reasons I spent so much time and effort is 1. I dont want to risk the possible cost of a new tranny for being lazy and not changing it back to stock (even though I know none of my mods should effect the tranny) and 2. The closest infiniti dealership is 125 miles from VaTech, where I go to school, and I have to get the car towed there because its not drivable. So I wont be there to drop off the car and talk to them if they try and give me any crap about the mods. Basically with all the effort I have to put into getting it serviced I just wanted peace of mind it would be taken care of without any problems.

^ I am taking it in for AT tranny issues i listed in the original post

Last edited by 03g35vt; 03-25-2009 at 11:31 AM.