Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Is this the imfamous axle click?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
My car gets the axle click every once in a while. Same with the compression rods. The sounds never stick around on my car so I've just learned to live with them. For the compression rods, I'll hit them with a little silicone every once in a while. The CR fix is not a fix. The problem always seems to creep back, especially for those of us living in harsher climates that experience extreme summer and winter temps.

I had the driver's CR replaced already and it's dead silent, but the pass side is original. On cold/cool mornings, i can hear it knocking away. However, now that it's warm summer, it's silent too.

So i need to wait for it to get cooler for the CR noise to be detectable.

As for the axle click, i can only hear it if i park next to somethin and the sound echos off a wall or car. If i am in the open, i can't hear it at all.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
yes and no, it should be covered pending on how the dealership sees it.

I called fields infiniti and asked. reguardless since i'm out of bumper to bumper and only have powertrain, i have to pay $110 for them to check it out. If they can duplicate it, they said they will fix it for free. But i forgot to ask them about the $110 diag fee.

if they are going to charge $110 for diag and do the powertrain work, then you might as well go in and pay them directly to do the TSB. since it pays 1.1 for both axles which is about $150.

If you get it done let me know which dealership you went to. Because i'm most likely going to do this myself since i dont want to risk being out 110$

i wonder if Nissan can do Infiniti TSB work? Im assuming the 350Z has the same problem since they share the same rear end as us. If I take it in it will prob be woodfield nissan or hoffman estates infiniti.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The yellow trim above the ash tray is covered under warranty? I can have it replaced?

Has anyone here been to Monrovia Infiniti? I just want to make sure they don't BS me. They tend to say "I don't know if your car is covered anymore since it's lowered."

I do hear the axle clicks too when i drive near something as the noise echoes back to me. Same as when i go from D to R.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by I Scare
The yellow trim above the ash tray is covered under warranty? I can have it replaced?

Has anyone here been to Monrovia Infiniti? I just want to make sure they don't BS me. They tend to say "I don't know if your car is covered anymore since it's lowered." .
I've searched and guys have had it replaced under warranty. Supposedly it's a defect in the adhesives or something.

Lowering the car shouldn't affect interior stuff like that

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Are there any driver's seat TSB's?? It almost feels like mine is loose. It wiggles around a bit and when i brake hard i can feel it shif forward

Old 08-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Are there any driver's seat TSB's?? It almost feels like mine is loose. It wiggles around a bit and when i brake hard i can feel it shif forward
Yep there is one for the Driver seat rocking back and forth.

Not sure if you can click this if you aren't a member
http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...pp=12&keyid=12

The TSB is ITB02-080d

Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
So I made an appointment last week for axle click and a couple other things and was told that they were covered under my warranty. Today I dropped off the car and the service guy and I talked for a bit, he explained what I already knew about how to fix the click then told me he would call when it was done. 5 hours later he calls and tells me that it was the problem for sure and that the fix was what we talked about but it was not covered under my warranty. His reasoning was b.c no parts need to be replaced and it is considered an adjustment which is not covered by the Infiniti CPO Elite warranty.

It gets better, he said he would cut me a deal and fix it in 1.5 hours instead of the recommended 4 hours. I told him I had to talk to my husband, at this time I was pretty mad. I was told it was covered and he never mentioned that there was even a remote possibility that it wouldn't be even though we went through the list I had one item at a time and he said yes or no to every one of the items.. So I had my husband call and the guy tells my husband that he told me before I left that it wouldn't be covered, which was total B.S. So needless to say I am not a happy camper and I wasted 170 miles, $40 in gas and 10 hours of my time for my car to go to the dealer and sit, just like it would have done in my own driveway. Time to call the service manager tmw.

Oh and they made a huge deal and put comments in my service history that I have "Coupe wheels and tires" . I only have coupe wheels- non staggered all with the same offset, and Sedan specific size all 4 matching tires.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NismoGirl2001
So I made an appointment last week for axle click and a couple other things and was told that they were covered under my warranty. Today I dropped off the car and the service guy and I talked for a bit, he explained what I already knew about how to fix the click then told me he would call when it was done. 5 hours later he calls and tells me that it was the problem for sure and that the fix was what we talked about but it was not covered under my warranty. His reasoning was b.c no parts need to be replaced and it is considered an adjustment which is not covered by the Infiniti CPO Elite warranty.

It gets better, he said he would cut me a deal and fix it in 1.5 hours instead of the recommended 4 hours. I told him I had to talk to my husband, at this time I was pretty mad. I was told it was covered and he never mentioned that there was even a remote possibility that it wouldn't be even though we went through the list I had one item at a time and he said yes or no to every one of the items.. So I had my husband call and the guy tells my husband that he told me before I left that it wouldn't be covered, which was total B.S. So needless to say I am not a happy camper and I wasted 170 miles, $40 in gas and 10 hours of my time for my car to go to the dealer and sit, just like it would have done in my own driveway. Time to call the service manager tmw.

Oh and they made a huge deal and put comments in my service history that I have "Coupe wheels and tires" . I only have coupe wheels- non staggered all with the same offset, and Sedan specific size all 4 matching tires.
Hmm, this isn't good. I have the Elite warranty and assumed it would cover this if/when it happens.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
my car makes a noise everytime I put it into drive from reverse or park...even when I am stopped at a red light as well and take off I hear loud clicking noises...if I have an 04 G35 Coupe with 54k on it I am under the impression I am still under power train right or no?? due to the years?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Powertrain does not cover axle click, only Bumper to Bumper. At least that is what I am told and the reasoning is b.c it is just an adjustment as they are not replacing any parts. It is really lame IMO.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Powertrain does not cover axle click, only Bumper to Bumper. At least that is what I am told and the reasoning is b.c it is just an adjustment as they are not replacing any parts. It is really lame IMO.
Is the Elite warranty not bumper-to-bumper?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
well damn that sucks.....well since this is consider a TSB is that not covered by inifniti?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Maybe it just depends on your dealer. I had read a while back that someone had a dealer tell them the window regulator bolt TSB wasn't covered either. They claimed it was an adjustment even though the bolts are replaced. Mine did the same fix with no questions asked so who knows.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
Is the Elite warranty not bumper-to-bumper?
That is what I was told by both the sales guy and the finance manger when we bought the car. Apparently the warranty guy- who is the one causing the issues- says that the Elite warranty only adds a little bit more and is just an upgraded powertrain only warranty. This is not what we were told and that is why I am upset.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
That is what I was told by both the sales guy and the finance manger when we bought the car. Apparently the warranty guy- who is the one causing the issues- says that the Elite warranty only adds a little bit more and is just an upgraded powertrain only warranty. This is not what we were told and that is why I am upset.
That's not what I was told either. I was under the impression that the Elite warranty covered everything on the car, bumper-to-bumper. So far they've fixed the compression rods, rear window regulator bolts, and the Home Link mirror. I was planning on taking it in as soon as I started to hear the click while driving since it seems to be inevitable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this the imfamous axle click?