Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Is this the imfamous axle click?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well when I talked to the warranty guy he said if there is a part to "replace" then it covers a lot of stuff although they refused to cover my home link mirror and the yellowing of the trim around the radio. Infiniti Consumer Affairs said that everything is up to the specific dealer to make the call on if they will do it or not and that they base it on if they think that Infiniti will pay them back or charge them after they make the claim. Apparently my dealership doesn't even want to try to claim anything unless they have to.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NismoGirl2001
Well when I talked to the warranty guy he said if there is a part to "replace" then it covers a lot of stuff although they refused to cover my home link mirror and the yellowing of the trim around the radio. Infiniti Consumer Affairs said that everything is up to the specific dealer to make the call on if they will do it or not and that they base it on if they think that Infiniti will pay them back or charge them after they make the claim. Apparently my dealership doesn't even want to try to claim anything unless they have to.
I had thought about asking them to replace the yellowing trim, but decided not to because it is barely noticeable unless you are in the right light. They didn't have any problem replacing the mirror though. I specifically told them that I just wanted new buttons, but they ordered a whole new mirror and put it on. The buttons cost $20, I'm guessing the mirror costs several hundred dollars.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
I had thought about asking them to replace the yellowing trim, but decided not to because it is barely noticeable unless you are in the right light. They didn't have any problem replacing the mirror though. I specifically told them that I just wanted new buttons, but they ordered a whole new mirror and put it on. The buttons cost $20, I'm guessing the mirror costs several hundred dollars.
Yep, I brought it up too but the refused and said that it was not covered. In fact all 6 of the things I brought it in for were denied.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NismoGirl2001
Yep, I brought it up too but the refused and said that it was not covered. In fact all 6 of the things I brought it in for were denied.
Yep, sounds like you've got a dealer problem more than anything.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah me too, but the sucky part is that they are the only one around. They are 40+ miles and the next closest one is 100 miles away. Can we say Monopoly?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Well, just to update.

Brought it for the Axle click, the service writer was nodding her head before I even said the word "click". Anyway no issue on that one at all.

From what i get off the service report, all they do is remove the axle and lube the bearing connection? How long will this last? Will it come back?

OFF TOPIC,

I had other things checked while I was there.

They replaced my OTHER compresion rod. Yup, they only did one at a time for me instead of both. The other one was knocking the week after the first one was replaced. So now both comp rods are new...car rides NICE now. Pity they both failed at 28K miles though. BTW, they replaced the entire rod...not just the bushings like a lot of dealers are doing.

Yellow trim above ashtray...not a prob. New panel installed

Driver's seat rocking forward when braking...new seat rails installed!

TPMS light kept coming on...dealer found one of my sensors was brand new. Original owner must have done that. They reregistered them all for me anyway. Now TPMS light is off for first time since i bought the car!

Finally, the big one. I complained that the pass airbag never went OFF. When nobody is int he seat, the light should light on the dash saying the airbag is off. Well, mine stopped working. They originally said that's how it should be, but then found an intermittent fault or something. SO...new pass seat cushion on order from Japan! The service writer told me it was over $4000 for that one part since it was most of the seat? Who knows.

All i know is between that seat, the comp rods and replacing my driver's air bag my last time in...i'm prob over $10K in warranty parts.

My warranty expires in Feb...wonder if i should get an extended now.

BTW, my '06 rode and driver nicer than my '07 loaner....poor car's been abused lol

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 10-06-2009 at 07:35 PM.