Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

AT Trans Issue PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AT Trans Issue PLEASE HELP!

Here's what i been Through so far!!!!

I am talking about Orlando Infiniti!!!!! I had about 4,000 to 5,000 miles ago my trans flushed and serviced by Nissan for my 60,000 mile service! Only reason why I used Nissan is they are way closer than Infiniti! About 1,000 miles after the service my trans started to shift firm! It seems to shift firmer if you are past 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.
Third gear seems to shift real firm in shifttronic mode. When on a long road trip to Atlanta GA I had a few shimmers in the trans on the open road! Also in town when i got off the HWY i had to jump on it from a dig to pass this car. When i took off the car seem like i was pulling another car behind me and about 4,000 rpm's the car came alive and took off. I had traction control off at that time! I took it to Orlando Infiniti and they said Nissan over filled the trans so Nissan drained they said maybe a pint out of the trans! This didn't fix the issue that im having! I went back to Infiniti and they had the car for a week! On the 2 day of dropping it off they asked me about the trans so I talk to the mechanic there. He walked me over the my service adviser and the service GM! The mechanic said i have a liable issue! They said we dont have the time to remove are technician to go on a long road around town to test your trans! On friday I carried a key to them to have cut and programed before picking up the car. I asked my adviser and he said nope we are not testing the trans! I say Bull S**t! I contacted Infiniti consumer affairs about this Issue! After 5 days of working with them I called today to see what's going on. They told me the dealership took if for a test ride and they have to believe there dealership and if I have any issues to bring it up to the GM of the dealership! Im so Pissed off. As of last friday when I picked it up my power train warranty is now over! So if the trans dies in 2,000 miles im F**ked!

Has anyone had a trans Issue like this? If so did you find out what it was?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Remember your warranty is with Infiniti Corporate, having a FEW definite complaints entered into vehicles permanent record before warranty expires is the best insurance.

You need to understand that Nissan, Infiniti DOES NOTpay dealer to do diagnosis, so if you want a SPECIAL [positive outcome for you] Diagnosis offer to pay the dealership so they can find a defect to persuade Infiniti to pay for!.

Amazing how few owners understand how warranty works or the obligation of the fully indepenndent dealers who are just repair shops with a direct pay contract with Infiniti.

Only when a dealership sells you a car do they share in responsibility for the first 12,000 mile [so called adjustment period].

Just like the LAW, ignorance of warranty is no excuse.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Q45tech
Remember your warranty is with Infiniti Corporate, having a FEW definite complaints entered into vehicles permanent record before warranty expires is the best insurance.

You need to understand that Nissan, Infiniti DOES NOTpay dealer to do diagnosis, so if you want a SPECIAL [positive outcome for you] Diagnosis offer to pay the dealership so they can find a defect to persuade Infiniti to pay for!.

Amazing how few owners understand how warranty works or the obligation of the fully indepenndent dealers who are just repair shops with a direct pay contract with Infiniti.

Only when a dealership sells you a car do they share in responsibility for the first 12,000 mile [so called adjustment period].

Just like the LAW, ignorance of warranty is no excuse.

I called consumer relation's before I left Infiniti! The car was still under powder train warranty! When I left my power train ended! They didn't want to take there tech off to drive my car around for sometime to get the trans real warm! When I was leaving Infiniti I asked did you test drive it for the trans issue and i got a fast NOPE! That was on a friday! On tuesday a few days later I got with consumer relations and they said the dealership took it for a ride and said it as fine! I told her well they told me before i left that they didn't check it! She told me we have to trust what the dealership said! If you are unhappy I need to take it up with the GM of the dealership! What a JOKE!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Take it to the dealership when the car is WARM. Have them go for a ride and INSIST you go with them.