Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Subframe loose NEED help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Subframe loose NEED help!!!

Ok so background on what wrong, how i fixed it, and now whats wrong. i started getting the cluck noise under hard shifts so i search for answer and found my rear diff bushings were shot called up z1. Ordered spl bushing kit and replaced them in the driveway. about three weeks ago i lowered rear subframe about inch as said in one of the DIY and made so much easier. i torqued everything down to spec . And no more cluck no more wheelhop even got pulled over tryin to spin the tires haha. BUT the clunk is back and i noticed 9/16 inch space/gap between rear sumbframe and unibody. Figured i just needed to torque them back up. To my suprise the bolts didnt move!!! I i used a jack to press the subframe against the body and still no movementof the bolts! Could be possible that i bent/cracked the subframe or the unibody bolts anyone have any ideas before tear it all apart and order the rear subframe bushings??? Has anyone else been unable to tighten rear subframe??? What about just droping the coils to relieve some resistance?? What your guys thought and sry im a noob to the forum thing but this is my third build ao please refrain from just bashing me. And sry for gramatical errors im on my phone.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
These shitty aluminum subframes are known to crack. jack the car up and inspect every angle possible as carefully as you can. take pics and post them then maybe others will tune in and compare.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just so everyone else knows what happened. I called Z1 and they said when you upgrade somthing to solid tends to add more stress on what not so i blew out the center carrier bearing... its all fixed now havent been on in long long time but yeah check your driveshaft center carrier bearing if see same symtoms as i did ... also clutch pedal need adjusting...